DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

vishnugupt

Country flag
@Chinmoy @porky_kicker
Do u guys have any idea what's atags mk2
Is it higher calibre
So called "MK2 version" is a next level strategy of UN Generals to kill indigenous products when they fail to kill it during its infancy.

This strategy often employed by UN Generals when DRDO somehow manage to achieve their original tortuous requirements.

Now they will make allmost impossible tortuous requirements again which will provide UN Generals a hassle free window of 10-15 years for import under garb of Emergency procurement.

This is a time tested strategy of UN general often used to blackmail when they are asked to give big orders for weapons.

Example:- Tejas MK2 was asked before giving order for Tejas Mk1, Nag Mk2 was asked before giving order for Nag, Arjun Mk2 was asked before giving order for Arjun Mk1, Netra Mk2 was asked before Netra mk1 order, Akash Mk2 was asked before Mk1, Astra Mk2 was asked.... I mean just name it.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag

Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has successfully rolled out the first batch of Light Utility Helicopters (LUH) in Limited Series Production (LSP)/Initial Operational Clearance (IOC) Configuration for the Indian Army.

The chopper sports three-tone jungle camouflage, based on the Dhruv and Prachand already in service.

The programme is running well on schedule hinted by the fact that the Central Government had assured Parliament in November 2021 that four airframes will be produced by 2022-23.View attachment 189293View attachment 189294
These must be ordered in the 500s to replace existing outdated chetak and cheetahs. I hope IA atleast is forced to do it by GoI

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Can someone identify this apc if this is of foreign origin or not. Can't seem to find any similar system and it has that signature cutaway for hydraulic circular thingy on right like Whap so damn confused.

Anytime Indian Cos claim a product indigenous, I automatically assume it as screwdrivergiri. Happy to be wrong though.

Edit:- Sorry,😄 didn't read drdo on there, so indeed Desi, but goddamn why this when there is whap 😓. I believe my brain is not playing tricks and this is somewhat different from whap in design.

Last edited:

Tuco

Country flag
Can someone identify this apc if this is of foreign origin or not. Can't seem to find any similar system and it has that signature cutaway for hydraulic circular thingy on right like Whap so damn confused.

Anytime Indian Cos claim a product indigenous, I automatically assume it as screwdrivergiri. Happy to be wrong though.

Edit:- Sorry,😄 didn't read drdo on there, so indeed Desi, but goddamn why this when there is whap 😓. I believe my brain is not playing tricks and this is somewhat different from whap in design.
May be it was actually a competition, just a speculation. There was not even a squeak, may be a tot to make it a competition.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag

Probably based on the WhAP from the looks of it.
1675247131688.png

1675247140148.png

I like this Mahindra car more than the Tata one.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Might be MGS??
I think there was 800 mgs requirement in farp excluding 1500 towed
If I am wrong do correct me
So ordering 150 atags then releasing rfp for 400 towed guns and happiness requirement for 1500 in total doesn't indicate mk2 is mgs

Arihant Roy

Country flag
This is a FEEL GOOD post. Not related to DRDO.

Pakistan's total outlay for its 2022-23 budget ie expenditure was 9.502 billion PKR.

Taking exchange rate of Rs 200.7 PKR = 1 USD which was the rate on 10th June, 2022, Pakistan's total national budget comes to ONLY 47.33 billion dollars.

Our defense budget allocation excluding pensions alone is 4,32,720 crores which is around 52.87 billion USD taking Rs 81.74 = 1 USD

Their defense budget was 1.532 trillion or around 7.5 billion USD.

This puts to perspective Pakistan's aukaat.

62a3f9e5f275f.jpg

10231325c555714.jpg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles