DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

johnj

vishnugupt

Country flag
When scientists & engineers in drdo replaced by UN generals ?
Better to replace iit/iisc with nda.
Why DRDO needs to do high altitude trials when missile is already inducted?? DRDO ki shadi hai kya?

HeliNa is not in developmental trial. It is in user trials... And User is UN Generals.

Now Any trial is a demand of User. As usual after last high altitude trial UN general had suggested them few changes. Now again DRDO have to give trial.

Don't worry there will another trial after this trial.

johnj

Why DRDO needs to do high altitude trials when missile is already inducted?? DRDO ki shadi hai kya?

HeliNa is not in developmental trial. It is in user trials... And User is UN Generals.

Now Any trial is a demand of User. As usual after last high altitude trial UN general had suggested them few changes. Now again DRDO have to give trial.

Don't worry there will another trial after this trial.
lol, your article headline- DRDO Plans more High Altitude trials of HELINA ATGM
Its DRDO test, comes under R&D, carried out by DRDO engineers, IA only provide support and safety measures if needed. Blaming IA is stupidity & its DRDO responsibility and blames goes to DRDO. Its comes under experimental trials, after 2~ 3 years when drdo successful complects all trials, lsp starts and IA starts field trials, and declare - missiled failed to meet required requirements, DRDO fix these issues - after....... total silent.

vishnugupt

Country flag
lol, your article headline- DRDO Plans more High Altitude trials of HELINA ATGM
Its DRDO test, comes under R&D, carried out by DRDO engineers, IA only provide support and safety measures if needed. Blaming IA is stupidity & its DRDO responsibility and blames goes to DRDO. Its comes under experimental trials, after 2~ 3 years when drdo successful complects all trials, lsp starts and IA starts field trials, and declare - missiled failed to meet required requirements, DRDO fix these issues - after....... total silent.
It is not my article.
Again I am saying to you "HeliNa is under user trials" so there is no point DRDO take trials for no reason.
It says new sets of high altitude trials are coming.

standard snowball

Country flag
Indian private industries can't do anything wrong i
i dont live in this delusion,

indian companies are masters of screwdrivergiri and i am very well aware of that.
Although Mahindra and TATA do manufacture engines, but they would prefer buying one off-the-shelf for their vehicles. As investing in engine tech would bring down their profit share margin drastically and Indian market is too cost sensitive.
i don't think indian defence market is cost senstive, also my orignal post was regarding the capabilities of these companies that they have the required engineering prowess to make such an engine, and if they were involved in the devlopment of bharat powerpack, the work on the engine could be completed in a smaller timeframe

johnj

It is not my article.
Again I am saying to you "HeliNa is under user trials" so there is no point DRDO take trials for no reason.
It says new sets of high altitude trials are coming.
Its idrw article, means total nonsense.
What I know so far- DRDO/HAL yet to fully integrate helina into lch/rudra - and not declared successful completion of project - means there is no way IA can conduct any test - "HeliNa is under user trials" is a lie or HeliNa is TD project. user == unknown, maybe DRDO itself.
''new sets of high altitude trials are coming'' - first complect normal altitude trials on lch/rudra first - maybe its HeliNa is TD project maybe insisted of HeliNa, IA/IAF give bulk order to SANT/next gen atgm.

standard snowball

Country flag
What do you understand by industry participation, and secondly , show me one one 1500 ho class engine from tata or Mahindra , and not just power ,it should have enough torque
by industry participation i meant an engine devloped by a private company (basically an outsourced engine)

if my memory serves me right abhay icv uses an engine made by a private company called Greaves Cotton so the capability definetly exists there its just a matter of exploiting it.
i don't see a reason why a private company can't produce a similarly powerful engine

vishnugupt

Country flag
Its idrw article, means total nonsense.
What I know so far- DRDO/HAL yet to fully integrate helina into lch/rudra - and not declared successful completion of project - means there is no way IA can conduct any test - "HeliNa is under user trials" is a lie or HeliNa is TD project. user == unknown, maybe DRDO itself.
''new sets of high altitude trials are coming'' - first complect normal altitude trials on lch/rudra first - maybe its HeliNa is TD project maybe insisted of HeliNa, IA/IAF give bulk order to SANT/next gen atgm.
Which project had ever declared complete by UN Generals so far?? None.

Until their import demand is fullfilled or there is no other option is available then they say Ok now can buy it with heavy heart.

This is not joke but Nag is perhaps only missile in the world which work in scorching heat of Thar and have decent range too but UN Generals are still not happy. What we can do

MOD should bring a separate agency which look upon trials and testing rather then leaving multi billion industry on the mercy of UN Generals.

WarmongerLSK

Country flag
sorry for that i wasn't aware such a rule even exists on this forum, my caps lock was on and i just didn't paid attention on that and by the time i realised it was already too late as edit time wa over.
Not on this forum but in general on the internet. The convention is to use full capitol words to indicate shouting. No issues.

Articles