DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Fatalis

Country flag
We have known from a long time that QRSAM is the replacement for Strela and Osa system. Can anyone confirm this? Reports indicate IA will procure 4 regiments but the requirement is 8 regiments.

IMO, IA will procure 4 regiments of vehicle mounted VSHORADS for replacing the Strela and Osa.

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
We have known from a long time that QRSAM is the replacement for Strela and Osa system. Can anyone confirm this? Reports indicate IA will procure 4 regiments but the requirement is 8 regiments.

IMO, IA will procure 4 regiments of vehicle mounted VSHORADS for replacing the Strela and Osa.
4 regiment qrsam and other 4 of foreign system i think

Chinmoy

Country flag

Import Army has again proved that nobody on the earth can beat them in Imports...
And BABA Kalyani again showed that no one could beat him in screwdrivergiri and selling in Buy(Indian) category.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Does the endurance increase/decrease if we increase the height? Because the air is thinner and therefore lesser drag. But you also might have to go faster to generate the same lift.
Depends on design.

Rustom 2 or TAPAS was designed to operate at 30k feet. The reason for those huge long wings is to generate enough lift at those altitude and to increase the endurance. But the biggest problem IMO with Tapas had been its engine. Its too bulky for the whole design concept.

Chinmoy

Country flag
These are DRDOs idiotic musings
That's the idiotic musing of wannabe defence journo.

BDL is production partner of QRSAM and the stupid is asking about its production to development partner. Says enough about his knowledge and about ours too, who keeps on doing RR over this type of articles and half baked info.

karn

Country flag
That's the idiotic musing of wannabe defence journo.

BDL is production partner of QRSAM and the stupid is asking about its production to development partner. Says enough about his knowledge and about ours too, who keeps on doing RR over this type of articles and half baked info.
Oh no I'm aware .. the question is why drdo officials give such assertions. When they are not in a position to.
But you are right the fault lies in the clickbait title.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Oh no I'm aware .. the question is why drdo officials give such assertions. When they are not in a position to.
But you are right the fault lies in the clickbait title.
Keep yourself at the position of DRDO official. What would have been your answer to that question?
If you say you don't know and BDL could answer it, media would have printed it as "DRDO unsure about the future of QRSAM", instead of approaching BDL.

So giving a timeline is safest bet. 6 months mentioned here is the standard timeframe followed by MOD. But it depends on client and the manufacturer. If BDL can, they could start delivery within 3 months time frame. So this all happens at the order placement meet. That's the importance of RFI and RFP which we keep on bitching about.

Last edited:

WarmongerLSK

Country flag
Depends on design.

Rustom 2 or TAPAS was designed to operate at 30k feet. The reason for those huge long wings is to generate enough lift at those altitude and to increase the endurance. But the biggest problem IMO with Tapas had been its engine. Its too bulky for the whole design concept.
Recently there was news regarding a new engine being tested in high areas. That was for Tapas I believe?

Srinie

Country flag
I never said Dhruvastra Missile is scrapped.
Dhruvastra and Helina are the same missile right ? Another variant is SANT . Honestly it's frustrating what the army has done with Nag missile . They should have been in production ages ago while the block 2 missile the r&d phase begins now. For an army which still uses outdated wire guided SALCOS missiles it's nautanki and nakhras are unprecedented. The Army has still not learnt from the Arjun fiasco .

Chinmoy

Country flag
Hal was working on new engine for uavs right is it not ready?
Have you ever made this cart in your childhood?
ball bearing cart.jpg

Believe me, we had to approach our senior boys to make one. Even then we had to get multiple stitches and thrashes at home because of it.

Engine designing and manufacturing of any kind is the most complex process available. As a designer and manufacturer, you need decades of experience and expertise to build a prototype.

Turboprop.jpg

This is the engine DRDO has designed where Jayem Automotives are manufacturing partner. But it would need time before being optimized for Rustom/Tapas. We can't rush into things.

Chinmoy

Country flag
And the virgin gullible innocent Armed forces fell for his trick hook line and sinker. They would have loved it even better if they had been allowed to import it directly
And you think BABA would have kept his loudspeaker off if he would have received order of THeMIS.

NeXoft007

Country flag
Dear DFI members

I have no choice but to acknowledge my dad have abandoned us & a defaulting criminal. He had put us under severe debt trap from 15 different sources, most of which remained unknown to me until his disappearance. I have a mom under psychiatric medication & a brother still studying. My shop is in shambles as well.

I wrote this message in the last hour as I ran out of time and am pleading for help with whatever anyone of you can. If you could outsource help from your contacts, along with feasible guidances, that would be a blessing for me as well.

Here's my UPI ID 🙏🏻
Egnanon@oksbi

Articles