DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

NeXoft007

Country flag
So helina has been scrapped too
Then for how many more years will our Heli fleet remain toothless
Moreover thus is also delaying lch induction
If battle forced upon we will not have lch but they will definitely have z-10
Nag Mk. 2 could most likely recieve DTRM engine tech of VSHORADS. Giving it a range of 10-12km.

VSHORADS at 25kg itself have 7km range. Nag ATGM have 43kg weight.

NeXoft007

Country flag
Wait for HL-VSHORADS Multi Purpose Missile. 8km range. Will receive capability to take out surface targets as well.

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
Point is better import and integrate Spike at this situation bcoz army will not accept lch without atgm
LCH is necessary
You think army will miss a chance to inducut Israeli equipment, they have ordered large number of spike atgm as well as integrating nlos missile on mi17. Since LCH is already scraped they are not considering any integration with it.

NeXoft007

Country flag
It is a manpad can it really destroy a tank?
It has a warhead of 2kg which is not enough to destroy a tank
I said multi-purpose. Take Martlet as an example. Has 3kg warhead, weighs 13kg and a range of 8km. Just enough to take out aerial & ground targets from a safe distance. LCH will recieve potent weapons.

Sachinananda

Nag Mk. 2 could most likely recieve DTRM engine tech of VSHORADS. Giving it a range of 10-12km.

VSHORADS at 25kg itself have 7km range. Nag ATGM have 43kg weight.
Sirji I think they are taking a considerable time for vshorads development too
So can we expect 2-3 years
So can we expect LCH ordering after 2-3 years
As LCH is necessary

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
There's good reasons why LCH have not been cleared for Helina, nor NAMICA being produced. Timely last minute decision taken taking future battlefield in mind, as it needs to be deployed at Eastern Front as well.
I don't know why but sounds like a pretty stupid reason to dunk on Helina ATGM. Pretty sure a 7km LOBL missile is better than most of the helicopter launched atgms present on the market. Are you sure that Helina and Nag has been dunked on, seems illogical to leave such a good product in hope of next gen Uber missile. You can always add the Uber missile later on right.

Any updates on specs of NAG mk2 would be great especially range figure or if it will be comparable to top atgms like mmp or spike lr2.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
A good point to note that z-10 still uses laser guided ATGM similiar to hellfire as primary anti Armor weapon.

Sachinananda

A good point to note that z-10 still uses laser guided ATGM similiar to hellfire as primary anti Armor weapon.
Actually pushing lch procurement for lack of indigenous atgm is foolish
As we need lch and even Rudras are toothless
We should integrate foreign atgm for faster induction

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
I don't know why but sounds like a pretty stupid reason to dunk on Helina ATGM. Pretty sure a 7km LOBL missile is better than most of the helicopter launched atgms present on the market. Are you sure that Helina and Nag has been dunked on, seems illogical to leave such a good product in hope of next gen Uber missile. You can always add the Uber missile later on right.

Any updates on specs of NAG mk2 would be great especially range figure or if it will be comparable to top atgms like mmp or spike lr2.
Trials were completed last years but no orders were placed, integration would've taken place on lch if millitary were going to order either lch or nag

Sachinananda

Fatalis

Country flag
I read somewhere that IA is satisfied with QRSAM. The manufacturing company is expecting orders soon. Initially, IA is going to order 2 regiments and later on another 2 regiments. Though the requirement is of 8 regiments.

NeXoft007

Country flag

I never said Dhruvastra Missile is scrapped.

Articles