Country flag

Photon

Country flag

porky_kicker

Country flag
I observe sheathing.

View attachment 180043

Perhaps the RCS thrusters might be there underneath
After pondering over it I think that's the channel guide for 2nd stage ( giving impression of being raised )

Also I realised at high altitudes BMs / RVs / (hypersonic CMs can barely change direction bec airflow into their scramjet engines will get distorted) will bec of their very high momentum will be limited to gradual change in AoA , no sudden large change , so IMO wing tip control might be enough to produce deflection to keep up with gradual maneuvering of the above targets

Within relatively lower altitudes AD-1 2nd stage with fin tip control will be able to generate stronger deflections to target tigher maneuvering targets

And IMO ( I have no proof of it yet) 2nd stage nozzle might have some sort of thrust deflection mechanism

All will be clear in the future

Last edited:

omaebakabaka

After pondering over it I think that's the channel guide for 2nd stage ( giving impression of being raised )

Also I realised at high altitudes BMs / RVs / (hypersonic CMs can barely change direction bec airflow into their scramjet engines will get distorted) will bec of their very high momentum will be limited to gradual change in AoA , no sudden large change , so IMO wing tip control might be enough to produce deflection to keep up with gradual maneuvering of the above targets

Within relatively lower altitudes AD-1 2nd stage with fin tip control will be able to maneuver to target maneuvering targets

And IMO ( I have no proof of it yet) 2nd stage nozzle might have some sort of thrust deflection mechanism

All will be clear in the future
SM3 full exo KV stage does seem to have have those thrusters I think to do more adjustments increasing the interception odds. This missile may only intercept pure ballistic ones with higher probability vs quasi or gliding

Srinie

Country flag

porky_kicker

Country flag
SM3 full exo KV stage does seem to have have those thrusters I think to do more adjustments increasing the interception odds. This missile may only intercept pure ballistic ones with higher probability vs quasi or gliding
AD-1 is primarily meant to engage targets within the atmosphere and if required at its outer fringes (near space)

AD-2 is comparable to SM3 and has a HTK KKV ( obviously with RCS )

AD-2 is meant to engage targets in space

omaebakabaka

AD-1 is primarily meant to engage targets within the atmosphere and if required at its outer fringes (near space)

AD-2 is comparable to SM3 and has a HTK KKV ( obviously with RCS )

AD-2 is meant to engage targets in space
Makes sense, any idea what radars are involved as part of this interceptor?

omaebakabaka

Could anybody please give a speculative range and altitude of AD-1 and AD-2 ?? I know these are comparable to SM3, SM6, Aster, and whatnot but what is the ballpark we are talking about here ??
Didn't someone say 1500km in op range or so and endo in that chart meaning less than 600km?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles