DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
The round in the poster that you are referring to is the 120mm APFSDS Mk1 round which has long been retired.
IA uses the 120mm APFSDS Mk2 round, sadly there is no a poster picture as such, this 600mm RHA figure has been quoted by BRF, Trishul trident, etc.
The below picture is of the 120mm APFSDS Mk2 round:
View attachment 179696
Trishul Trident is that Sengupta blog na? That is less reliable than IDRW news beat.

And trace back your BRF source, its got to be that same photoshopped poster that was the source of misinformation on BRF as well. Its important we cut through the clutter here.

If there is no official poster or official statement of the same, then it can't be believed that Arjun APFSDS can do 600mm.

Blood+

Country flag
The Arjun has better firepower,better protection, better BMS, better sensors etc etc
Yeah, don't forget to add bigger boobies and bigger asses.

but keep telling me how the T-90 that’ll literally cook itself to death if hit even with an RPG or grenade in the wrong spot is superior
As I said, you are fucking clules, old man. Better get back to that cherished Abingdon school of yours.
That was just a satirical piece by TheScottishKoala, you absolute mong!!
The T90 is just an upgraded T72 which itself is just an upgraded 1964
so well done, you’re defending this junk that’s basically 1950s tech with some tweaks here and there.
Better than cheerleading for an overweight ugly heap of scrap metal you call Arjun.

Aniruddha Mulay

CABIS? Do you mean the separation of ammo store (that’s designed to blow away from the crew compartment) and the crew?
Yup, the Arjun Mk1A uses something known as CABISOP, short for Containerised Ammunition with Individual Bins and Blowout panels, so basically each round is stored in an individual armoured container and the crew is kept away from the ammo and each round is kept away from the other.
93829011_677474626338587_5434794304314802176_n.jpg

Aniruddha Mulay

Trishul Trident is that Sengupta blog na? That is less reliable than IDRW news beat.

And trace back your BRF source, its got to be the same poster that photoshopped poster was the source of that info on BRF as well. Its important we cut through the clutter here.

If there is no official poster or official statement of the same, then it can't be believed that Arjun APFSDS can do 600mm.
There's a DRDO official document.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
The existence of the 120mm DRDO MkII round for Arjun was established in the previous pic you posted itself. I am talking about the figure of 600mm. Its not mentioned in the previous pic you posted nor is it mentioned in this document you posted.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Acha anybody can answer this
" how was the Arjun tank gun developed? How was it fabricated etc ?
Did we copy from those chieftens or challengers?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Dr Ajay Kumar’s tenure as defence secretary will be remembered as some of the most transformational years in India’s defence industry(both private and PSU).

=========

IAS Giridhar Aramane to take over as the new Defence Secretary tomorrow. He had joined the Defence Ministry as Officer on Special Duty earlier this month during the DefExpo-2022.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
I am not supporting the Russian folks. But I believe the usage of autoloader back at that time is useful for the Russians/Soviets since it requires a less man since HR is a problem in SU/Russia. Combine with Soviet engineering of building in a relatively simple fashion rather than a complex design they decided to use this design present in current T- series. But with the advancement of ATGM's this is becoming a bane for the tanks.
This is also well understood by Russians and they tried to modernize it via T-14 family of combat systems which is clearly trying to sort the issues of older T series tanks and BMP IFV's. But lack of fund forced them to fight with T-90, T-72 and BMP.

But at present we can hold Pak formation but against China it will a nightmare since their new Tanks have some edge against us.
The Type 99-2 has better armor layout, better P/W ratio, fires a better APDS. The current modifications we're making to the T-90S fleet (sights, thermals, data link, etc), the ZTZ came with from the factory.
1667231570835.png

omaebakabaka

but keep telling me how the T-90 that’ll literally cook itself to death if hit even with an RPG or grenade in the wrong spot is superior
Let Arjun of whatever series fight a battle before we diss any tanks....so far a paltry total of 140 and 118 mk1a's on order. If mk1a is better then we should be seeing more ordered shortly and I think it should participate in tank biatholon too to get some marketing time.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Let Arjun of whatever series fight a battle before we diss any tanks....so far a paltry total of 140 and 118 mk1a's on order. If mk1a is better then we should be seeing more ordered shortly and I think it should participate in tank biatholon too to get some marketing time.
Extra orders tab ayenge jab existing orders complete hoga I mean mere 118 will take 10 years to deliver
Typical piecemeal deals of UN army

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
I'd wager Arjun can identify and hit paki tanks before they can get a shot off, it's Ballistic Computer was lauded to be fantastic in trials.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
IAS Giridhar Aramane to take over as the new Defence Secretary tomorrow. He had joined the Defence Ministry as Officer on Special Duty earlier this month during the DefExpo-2022.

A babu has infinitely times more courage than a army man, for he negotiates the cost of the equipment

Blood+

Country flag

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
though not battle but Arjun has shown its performance in israel and they gave big thumbs up for what it is, i don't think they would show similar approval to those tin-cans 72 and 90 giving how they fought with their predecessors during 20th century wars with their arab nemesis.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
I'd wager Arjun can identify and hit paki tanks before they can get a shot off, it's Ballistic Computer was lauded to be fantastic in trials.
Let omaebakabaka be acquainted with the fact that, arjun tanks cannot participate in tank biathlon as they dont confirm to the allowed weight restrictions of the tanks allowed to participate

omaebakabaka

May be so, claims need to be moderated till validation by atleast inducting them in numbers with confidence, stopping imports or reducing and followed by exports. Battle is something that is outside our hands but exporting to war torn countries may give ti a chance to be real world tested

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
See, there is stuff that is good in Arjun. Its not all doom and gloom. But the point here is that it could have been much better. The biggest problem I see is DGMF not taking ownership of either Arjun or a new tank program to succeed Arjun. All I see are useless RFIs like the FRCV.
That Pakis don't have better tanks yet is our saving grace. I shudder to think what would have happened had their Abrams acquisition not fallen apart. Imagine Pakis fielding Abrams (would be a b!ch to refuel though lol).

All this discussion over Arjun vs T-90 has been done a million times on DFI but one thing we all agree over is that DGMF doesn't seem to be taking the next tank program seriously either.

The Shrike

Country flag
This is the backbone of your IBGs, enjoy

OT Lol was searching for Russian tank videos, and this is the first suggestion.
Trying to pass off a centurian (?) as a Russia tank. Didn't help Moos wala eventually though :bplease: .

Blood+

Country flag
The round in the poster that you are referring to is the 120mm APFSDS Mk1 round which has long been retired.
IA uses the 120mm APFSDS Mk2 round, sadly there is no a poster picture as such, this 600mm RHA figure has been quoted by BRF, Trishul trident, etc.
The below picture is of the 120mm APFSDS Mk2 round:
View attachment 179696
It's that same old round with a DoP of ~480mm at a 0-degree impact angle. Meanwhile, the Chinese now have rounds than can pen circa 320mm RHA equivalent at 68 degrees (from the vertical plane) out to a distance of 2 km.

1.png

Articles