DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Blood+

Country flag
The T90 was junk when it was bought and that remains the same. It didn’t even have decent TI sights or credible night fighting capabilities forget about AC and any other creature comforts for the crews.

the Russian medium class MBT concept has long since been a liability especially with the auto loaders which make them highly prone to cooking off from even light damage.

that IA bought these by the 1000s as Arjun was demeaned says it all.

I doubt even the IA themselves thinks they have decent local superiority hence why india acts so meekly with its neighbours and why since 2001 large scale armoured thrusts have basically not even been considered in retaliation to the numerous provocations.
Dude, stop spewing nonsense about stuff you do not have an iota of understanding of!! Arjun was rejected because it IS a veritable piece of shit, totally unfit for any kind of frontline use!!

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Nope you are wrong .

HAL has been making AL-31FP from raw material stage since 2016.

https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...-50th-al31fp-engine-to-iaf/article9920705.ece

The 50th such engine was handed over in Oct,2017. And now we are in 2022.

Unlike what some posters would like to say about the crappy quality fo Russian platforms and stuff and Russia always short changing us when it comes to tech transfer, well that's not always the case. Yes, they charge us an arm and a leg for some of the stuff and there's always some delays in the deliveries barring the recent purchases, but they are dependable where it actually matters.
All forgings and castings used in the engines including those of the hot section are made ground up by HAL.

View attachment 178316

View attachment 178317

The HP turbine blades are made using investment casting with ceramic moulds.

View attachment 178318

Don't think GR will allow us to make the HPC and HPT rotors and blades here in country. But then let's see.
Then the what the hell is stopping HAL/ADE/DRDO from working together to modify the AL31-FP for the Tejas and start producing copies ? They have not even attempted that, bloody shame ! If they attempt and fail its another story. But its ridiculous that they are not even thinking in that direction.

Blood+

Country flag
assassin162, Kuldeepm952, Truth is a bitter pill to swallow indeed as it'd seem from your reaction. Anyway, that ugly abomination on tracks will never be accepted in service by any army in the world and will always be remembered as a case study of human stupidity and incompetence. So keep coping and seething fellas, if that helps you sleep at night.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
assassin162, Kuldeepm952, Truth is a bitter pill to swallow indeed as it'd seem from your reaction. Anyway, that ugly abomination on tracks will never be accepted in service by any army in the world and will always be remembered as a case study of human stupidity and incompetence. So keep coping and seething fellas, if that helps you sleep at night.
At least it isn't notoriously famous for being junk.

Blood+

Country flag
At least it isn't notoriously famous for being junk.
For that, it would need to be in wide-scale operational use by multiple armies across the globe first, now doesn't it?? The reality is, that Arjun, in its current iterations, is just a big ugly heap of junk that does not have any business being even anywhere near a battlefield, let alone participating in one.

Ok, forget all that, just name one aspect other than its mobility (for the MkI anyway) in which Arjun surpasses the T-90S. Mind you, I'm talking about the T-90S and not the baseline T-90A.

Last edited:

vidhwanshak

Country flag
For that, it would need to be in wide-scale operational use by multiple armies across the globe, now doesn't it?? The reality is, that Arjun, in its current iterations, is just a big ugly heap of junk that does not have any business being anywhere even near a battlefield, let alone participating in one.

Ok, forget all that, just name one aspect other than its mobility (for the MkI anyway) where Arjun surpasses he T-90S.
everything in junk90 is shitty.

Arjun's speed its sight fire control system are far more superior than junk 90
1667194341611.png

now even its many subsystems are being replaced by eqipment that was desiged for Arjun.
If you want I can post that as well.

1667193959065.png

source: https://cag.gov.in/uploads/download...Army_Ordnance_Factories_35_2014_annexures.pdf

Blood+

Country flag
everything in junk90 is shitty.
Just grow up already.

Arjun's speed its sight
I said, apart from their mobility performance!! Did you miss that?? Anyway, this only holds true for the MkI, for the MkIA has more or less the same mobility performance as that of the T-90S.

fire control system are far more superior than junk 90
Only except both have basically the same FCS, built by Tata!! Both are fitted with the same Catherine-FC thermal sights. So, by your logic, Arjun's FCS should be just as shitty, if not any shittier.

now even its many subsystems are being replaced by eqipment that was desiged for Arjun.
yeah, which makes it all the more superior to Arjun, more so than it already was!!
Yeah, as if this shit hasn't been posted a zillion times before. Stop insulting us, kiddo.

Now, do you wish for me to list the whole plethora of design drawbacks of this thing known as the Arjun??

Last edited:

vidhwanshak

Country flag
So, you are saying that you have got a 1mm piece then??!! Or do you have a hole in there??

By the way, you are retarded.
It's you who is retarded.
You can't even come up with a simple counter when I posted CAG reports.
Then you came up with your 1 cm dick remark, comparing dicks with tanks what type of shit goes in your brain only god knows.

Arjun surpassed T90s in Army Trials but still more order placed now T90 subsystems are replaced with that of Arjun. With so many Junk 90s in service, India can't even mount a thrust in Pakistan.

Now, if you don't know India operated 4x T90S than Russia. Despite ordering so many of them no ToT was given. A indeginous product was destroyed for a tank whose turrent blows 200m

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Bhai matalb indian t 90 russian se superior hue na ?
Agar subsystems ko replace kiya hai
Then you came up with your 1 cm dick remark, comparing dicks with tanks what type of shit goes in your brain only god knows.

Arjun surpassed T90s in Army Trials but still more order placed now T90 subsystems are replaced with that of Arjun. With so many Junk 90s in service, India can't even mount a thrust in Pakistan.

Now, if you don't know India operated 4x T90S than Russia. Despite ordering so many of them no ToT was given. A indeginous product was destroyed for a tank whose turrent blows 200m

Blood+

Country flag
Read my post once again, retard.
That was just a typo, I meant to write 1 inch, as that's the average for a newborn baby!! Anyway, the underlying analogy of it was completely lost on you and you still haven't managed to catch on. So yeah, my assessment stands - you are a grade-A retard.

Arjun surpassed T90s in Army Trials but still more order placed now T90 subsystems are replaced with that of Arjun.
Only in some very specific parameters, which are nonessential for the most part in the grand schemes of things.
Take the obstacle clearance for example - a mere 5 degrees wouldn't make all that big of a difference and besides, once all the MkIs are 'upgraded' to MkIA standards, this advantage will evaporate due to its grossly reduced power to weight ratio and increased ground pressure.

With so many Junk 90s in service, India can't even mount a thrust in Pakistan.
Wouldn't have been any different if they had so many Arjunks instead either.
Now, if you don't know India operated 4x T90S than Russia. Despite ordering so many of them no ToT was given.A indeginous product was destroyed for a tank whose turrent blows 200m
And how do you suppose Arjun is gonna be any different in that regard?? How do you reckon the Arjun wouldn't suffer the same fate if hit by a top-attack missile, you retard??!!

A indeginous product was destroyed for a tank whose turrent blows 200m

Now, I ask you again, do you want me to list all the plethora of design drawbacks that afflicts your beloved waifu Ms. Arjun-chan??

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Bhai matalb indian t 90 russian se superior hue na ?
Agar subsystems ko replace kiya hai
Russia has already upgraded their T90 to better standards and they are being used in war.

Anyways, Indian generals have a habit of inducting subpar systems in the armed forces.
These junks were more in number just to please their masters.
1667196387726.png

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Read my post once again, retard.

That was just a typo, I meant to write 1 inch, as that's the average for a newborn baby!! Anyway, the underlying analogy of it was completely lost on you and you still haven't managed to catch on. So yeah, my assessment stands - you are a grade-A retard.

Only in some very specific parameters, which are nonessential for the most part in the grand schemes of things.
Take the obstacle clearance for example - a mere 5 degrees wouldn't make all that big of a difference and besides, once all the MkIs are 'upgraded' to MkIA standards, this advantage will evaporate due to its grossly reduced power to weight ratio and increased ground pressure.

Wouldn't have been any different if they had so many Arjunks instead either.

And how do you suppose Arjun is gonna be any different in that regard?? How do you reckon the Arjun wouldn't suffer the same fate if hit by a top-attack missile, you retard??!!

Now, I ask you again, do you want me to list all the plethora of design drawbacks that afflicts your beloved waifu Ms. Arjun-chan??
Aap Hume bhi retard kehlijiye blood ji, lekin arjun superior hai t 90 se .
Army ka kya hai, they continued to import ammo for bofors , even after ofb could manufacture it , ye kargil ke Baad pata laga .inko
Bpj ke liye tender Nikal rahe the as they never knew about MKU during congress era .corruption to hai top level pe
And what about rifles? 2013 se chutiyapa shuru hai, probably is saal over hoga.
I was just saying a general pattern , when t 90 was first brought here, Russians didn't even give us the tot to make its guns .
No air conditioning also, since army needs things in bulk, they prefer t series tanks , that is all in my opinion as to why army prefers t series tanks.
@vidhwanshak

Blood+

Country flag
Russia has already upgraded their T90 to better standards and they are being used in war.

Anyways, Indian generals have a habit of inducting subpar systems in the armed forces.
These junks were more in number just to please their masters.
View attachment 179597
Yeah and that Same T-90s seem to have no problem in the hands of the Syrians AND those thermals were made by the French!! Yeah, it's just another of those instances where something gets blown way out of its proportions.

Jambudweepa

Country flag
Regarding mobility of Arjun mk1a , it has hydropneumatic suspension . Provides Great stability and accuracy of fire while moving .

Power to weight ration of t90s is 19.6 . Not sure which engine ll be used in Arjun mk1a 1800hp , 1500 hp or 1400hp . If someone knows reply . In any case it should be above 20 .

Kanchan armour is in both tank . Indian t90 does nt have russian armour .

Arjun ll use 3rd generation fire control system of tunbo imaging . Dont know abt t90 .

The real issue many people raise is smooth bore vs rifled . The 125mm smooth bore used by indian t90 is developed by DRDO . Not sure why we dint do the same for Arjun , if we cld do it . May be army wanted it that way .

Indian T90 is not same . It has many components from thales , isreal and drdo .

Blood+

Country flag
Aap Hume bhi retard kehlijiye blood ji, lekin arjun superior hai t 90 se .
Yes, in certain parameters, it does. But in others, it lags behind.
Army ka kya hai, they continued to import ammo for bofors , even after ofb could manufacture it , ye kargil ke Baad pata laga .inko
Dude, even the Russians have been shown importing artillery ammo and bag charges from North Korea, so what??
Bpj ke liye tender Nikal rahe the as they never knew about MKU during congress era .corruption to hai top level pe
I'm not saying the Army is infallible or beyond reproch but in this particular instance, with Arjun and all, Army took the right decision. The basic design of the T-90S is miles ahead of the Arjun, which is a glaring example of human incompetence, it's really that bad.
And what about rifles? 2013 se chutiyapa shuru hai, probably is saal over hoga.
Of course, there is no excuse for what's been going on with rifles and infantry equipment in general.
I was just saying a general pattern , when t 90 was first brought here, Russians didn't even give us the tot to make its guns .
I know but that doesn't make the Tank itself in any way shape or form inferior to Arjuns.
No air conditioning also, since army needs things in bulk, they prefer t series tanks , that is all in my opinion as to why army prefers t series tanks.
@vidhwanshak
Dude, both tanks make use of the same Catherine-FC thermal sights and FCS and if it ain't failing in Arjuns then I don't see how it can fail in the T-90S, to the extent where you would need to install an AC unit just keep the sight from frying itself.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Yes, in certain parameters, it does. But in others, it lags behind.

Dude, even the Russians have been shown importing artillery ammo and bag charges from North Korea, so what??

I'm not saying the Army is infallible or beyond reproch but in this particular instance, with Arjun and all, Army took the right decision. The basic design of the T-90S is miles ahead of the Arjun, which is a glaring example of human incompetence, it's really that bad.

Of course, there is no excuse for what's been going on with rifles and infantry equipment in general.

I know but that doesn't make the Tank itself in any way shape or form inferior to Arjuns.

Dude, both tanks make use of the same Catherine-FC thermal sights and FCS and if it ain't failing in Arjuns then I don't see how it can fail in the T-90S, to the extent where you would need to install an AC unit just keep the sight from frying itself.
Well it is working, so it's good I guess .after all

Articles