DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

dfcool

Country flag
Politics aside,

I always thought how IN guy ended up creating MIMO. Not much info on yahoo those days.

But he never got any famous. because of brown guy.

He should be called father of WiFi/wireless-network (his research and patents on MIMO are base for everything that we take for granted today i.e. Wifi standards, 3G, 4G LTE etc)

Also USB was invented by another brown guy, Ajay Bhatt, which is also standard.

Thanks for sharing.

Screw politics for creating braindrain.

Last edited:

omaebakabaka

More on Paulraj from Wiki:
View attachment 178669
Bruh................ absolutely retarded on our part.
I don't think you understand, there are many Indian born key contributors in foreign lands but its not necessarily they did something from scratch. The system and the momentum makes it happen easily and faster when you are part of it. They won't necessarily have same success back home even if they remain, I have more respect for those that stay behind and contribute to whatever degree.....no need to cry for people that escape. India creates a ton of them.....momentum is slowly building here too.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Not sure if firing speed is fast enough for things like mortars, or cost effective enough. Mortars are cheap af, IDK what the cost ratio between 8 programmable rounds to one mortar is (assuming 2 bursts to shoot it down) but I think it wont be in our favour. CRAM seems better.
By CRAM you essentially mean some Gatling gun type of system, right? I find programmable ammo based systems to be more versatile than high fire rate systems but for purely CRAM application, Gatling might be cheaper.
Ideally, we should try to make a deployable laser based CRAM system, that would be great.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Politics aside,

I always thought how IN guy ended up creating MIMO. Not much info on yahoo those days.

But he never got any famous. because of brown guy.

He should be called father of WiFi/wireless-network (his research and patents on MIMO are base for everything that we take for granted today i.e. Wifi standards, 3G, 4G LTE etc)

Also USB was invented by another brown guy, Ajay Bhatt, which is also standard.

Thanks for sharing.

Screw politics for creating braindrain.
I suppose, they would not have invented these had they remained in india .
It's not always the one smart man, it is always a ecosystem, which also includes stingy babus .tbh .
Good these folks went out

Fatalis

Country flag
Few years back they showcased the AK-630 on a truck. What is stopping them from putting the AK-630 on BMP-2 chassis and make it more mobile.

Also, cant we just make our own SPAAG by using the L-70 gun along with 2-4 VSHORADS and using the chassis of either BMP-2 or Abhay?

AnantS

Country flag
Few years back they showcased the AK-630 on a truck. What is stopping them from putting the AK-630 on BMP-2 chassis and make it more mobile.

Also, cant we just make our own SPAAG by using the L-70 gun along with 2-4 VSHORADS and using the chassis of either BMP-2 or Abhay?
size? The whole truck system was humongous. Kya ho raha hai bmp gun on ships and ak630 on trucks? That truck design looks like some truck carrying huge oversize power transformer.

Fatalis

Country flag
size? The whole truck system was humongous. Kya ho raha hai bmp gun on ships and ak630 on trucks? That truck design looks like some truck carrying huge oversize power transformer.
I thought both the guns: medak and AK-630 might be having similar footprint. The concept of AK-630 as CRAM is indeed very good for border outposts.

If we are able to put 2-4 VSHORADS on Mahindra ASLV or BMP-2 then it will be a good replacement for the Strela system.

AnantS

Country flag
I thought both the guns: medak and AK-630 might be having similar footprint. The concept of AK-630 as CRAM is indeed very good for border outposts.

If we are able to put 2-4 VSHORADS on Mahindra ASLV or BMP-2 then it will be a good replacement for the Strela system.
from reddit/trishul blog:

1666758705051.png

Kuldeepm952

Country flag

Inaptitude of OFB to re-engineer the whole feeding system. The best they can do is copy and paste and that too of inferior quality
1666763855994.png

This is how Ak630 originally looks inside the ship below deck. Freakin OFB doesn't have the ability or a brain, that's why the hideous truck mounted crap shown and we don't have our own land based phalanx.

Articles