DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Fatalis

Country flag
Most probably IAF will be getting the Bofors version of either l&t or Kalyani. They are basically l70 guns mated with modern sensors.
I don't think any type of gunbased C-RAM is effective compared to systems like iron dome or iron beam.
So, mark my words that we will be getting this

Unless IAF in some way give preference to that rheinmetall gun jv with PSU, which I hope it does not, that would be a whole screwdrivergiri instead of less screwdrivergiri on the either 40mm gun by private cos and theres a chance of learning from it and making next things their own.
No doubt, Iron Dome is the best C-RAM system present in market but the cost of those interceptors is pretty high when compared to the threats which they counter be it Rocket or Mortar. That is why, I think the border outpost or the base should be better with the AK-630 C-RAM as it is a cost effective solution.

IA is the one which is trying to get the SkyShield system. They are trying very hard so that BHEL can form the joint venture. Last year there was an RFI from BHEL regarding the joint venture for manufacturing the 30mm Air defence guns.

jai jaganath

Country flag

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Can this take over dji market
If yes then it's wonderful
it has the same crap made by the same chinese manufacturer inside most likely

gutenmorgen

Country flag
it has the same crap made by the same chinese manufacturer inside most likely
Its made by Garuda Aerospace so i don't know if that can be said in certain terms. AFAIK they make drones for our armed forces as well..
BTW, wth is the buying procedure for civilians in case of made in India drones? Most websites want you to fill some kind of form and they ll contact you from their side. Why not simple "add to cart" type of sales?

InfinityWarrior Thanos

Country flag

mokoman

Country flag

jai jaganath

Country flag
good news if true .

IMHO motors / camera sensor are probably imported .

not sure but i think u need a fab for the camera sensor . dont think we have that in india .
I don't think we have to make everything indigenous
Atleast 60-70% would suffice for now and they have also applied for PLI too
Anyway better than chinese dji drones
Fuck even RR uses it
We need to have indigenous solution

Global Defence

New threads

Articles