DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Armenia is consistently getting wrecked by Azeris , its pretty much only reason county is existing for now .

we will be soon seeing wreckage of pinakas .
Not without the Pinaka making sure Azeris have hundreds of thousands of bodybags to deal with.
After the 2020 war, Armenia has inducted quite a lot of armed drones and loitering munitions, the new conflict won't be so easy for the Azeris

flanker99

Country flag
Not without the Pinaka making sure Azeris have hundreds of thousands of bodybags to deal with.
After the 2020 war, Armenia has inducted quite a lot of armed drones and loitering munitions, the new conflict won't be so easy for the Azeris
Not so fast Armenia still lacks air power /defense and from what ive heard they alsobdont have good mil planners

karn

Country flag
Not so fast Armenia still lacks air power /defense and from what ive heard they alsobdont have good mil planners
Air defence yes .. but I always heard that Armenia would bully Azerbaijan cause of their superior troops .. until the azerhis got rich from gas and just bought a whole bunch of modern weaponry.

Last edited:

karn

Country flag
Anyone got a compilation of all the anti drone defence systems that our private companies have come up with ?
Most that I have seen seem to have the role of protecting against small drones ... Any that can jam a MALE UAV ?

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Most that I have seen seem to have the role of protecting against small drones ... Any that can jam a MALE UAV ?
Here you go:-

^Jams all types of UAV including big small, male, female, lgbeti, etc.

Details on the jammers:-

karn

Country flag

Lolz ..
This is massive system with 145 vehicles working in tandem to shut down an entire front .
I mean the smaller lighter ones like this
bsp_29579-jdw-18212.jpg

The system, which has an upmast weight of 25 kg, has a detection range of up to 20 km and provides an effective jamming range of 15–16 km, Sharma said. The system has a wide frequency detection band (400 Mhz – 6 Ghz), artifical intelligence (AI)-enabled pattern recognition, and can provide jamming solutions in less than five seconds after the UAV has entered the jamming range.
Source

I would bet good money that the Armenians have bought this ..

karn

Country flag
*karns idiotic musings*
If we can splurg almost 4 billion on an ungrateful Sri Lanka.
We can do the same for Armenia + This will basically be a nice subsidy for our MIC.
A lot for our weapons get publicity ( this is the 1st time non indians have heard of pinaka)
As an added bonus Indian products get battle tested.
And the most important point... fucking over the 3 biraders is always fun.

Tuco

Country flag

What about comis and wokes?

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
It is possible that the deal for six regiments of Pinaka is not new but just the follow-up order for ammunition for six regiments of Pinaka which were ordered in 2020. It is interesting that Armenia is ordering weapons from India. I would have expected them to order Weapons from China, which might be cheaper with a faster delivery period. Any How for whatever reasons Armenia is ordering weapons from India it is a good opportunity for India. Though it will be interesting to see how India will be able to source components which have to come from Western nations. Most of Indian indigenous weapons have important components from West. Having said this, it is possible that Russia is financing Armenia because at this stage its own military industrial complex is busy with Ukraine war. But the counter argument to my own speculation Is, why would Russia not request or fund China to supply weapons to Armenia? Or perhaps Russia is hedging its bets and distributing the requirement of CIS nations to both India and China? It would be interesting to see if Russia escalate its import of weapons from nations like Iran and CIS, while To fill the resulting vacuum it might fund or ask China or India to provide weapons to Russian allies or Russian CIS nations from whom it can buy older stocks of Soviet and Russian weapons and craft. It’s interesting times ahead.

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
The ATGM which India can supply to Armenia can be Konkur M or Amogha 1,2,3 from BDL.

for drones & anti drone systems, there are lot of pvt sector players

karn

Country flag
Titan with Amogh ATGM llI (3rd generation ) be seen in defence expo 2022 .

This is cool and all .. but when the missiles will be more expensive than the robot this becomes pretty lopsided.
I hope they consider putting the original SALCOS Amogha on this as well (or any wire/laser/radio guided) seeker less missile.

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
What other possible weapons India can export?:-

Prahaar, Pralay
hand grenades
105 mm howitzer, ammo
81, 120mm mortars, ammo
ATAGS, Kalyani Howitzers
T-90s, BMP
TATA WHAP, other wheeled Armoured Vehicles
Nishant UAVs
LCH
PGMs like SAAW, gaurav, Gautam, Garuda, guruthma, NGLGB, Helina, SANT, Dhruvastra,
NASM-MR, Rudra1,2,3 or Astra
QRSAM, Akash

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles