DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

GigaBanaxix893

Never understood the Indian establishment. On one hand they haven't even spent 0.5 billion $ in our Gas Turbine Engine research program in the last 30 years, sabotaging the capabilities of our Aerospace Sector.

On the other hand spending 5 Billion $ in S400 & now 3 Billion $ in MQ9 on a wim. Both of which are failing in the Ukraine & Middle East front.

Abdus Salem killed

Can you explain how ability to drop sonabouys is decades ahead in future ? How much does a sonabouys weigh ? And the deal is not just for navy . Navy , army , airforce each ll get 10 .

This is stealth drone of turkey . Pakistan ll be buying that with in a decade

View attachment 168798

While we are buying these drones of bygone era at 3 billion dollars with high maintenance cost . when our own drones have developed similar satcom capability and endurance .
Yeah right the drone is as real as imrand is a straight guy and dosent diddle dudes
The Turkish drone will come when I am 70

Hari Sud

Country flag
Any guesses on the unit cost of ATAGS. What is Indian Army going to pay for them. I know the unit cost of M777 gun is about $5 million each hence I am curious to know the unit cost of ATAGS gun.

SUPERPOWER

Country flag
Not sure if posted

Daily reminder that IA generals are criminals. 6 years ago ATAGS was showcased at R-Day parade and still not one unit is even ordered. This is space age stuff that needs decades of testing apparently
Whole South Block consists of 'Cartels'

binayak95

Country flag
Do we really need to spend 3 Billion $ on MQ9 drones. Considering drones are so vulnerable in the battle field whether its surveillance intelligence or armed operations.

by that logic, we should stop fighting only. convert our armed forces to peace rallys and flower parades.

The drone did its job. It got shot down so that a manned intelligence aircraft with people inside did not. I would happily lose a drone everyday than face that nightmare.

Remember the atlantique incident, post Kargil? Picture that with P8Is or Embraers instead, and suddenly the 3 mil or whatever the fuck the value is doesnt really matter.

Warfare is expensive business. Get over it or surrender.

Articles