DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Can't we have a good Butt stock for once?
Even in these presentations or models by other, we are still fixated by these out of design line butt stocks.

1. Good Buttstock >>>> More money >>>> INSAS suddenly face jamming issue >>>>> MOD and Army declare new rifles >>>> Buy without scope and good buttstock >>>> Repeat.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Better order scopes for INSAS at least it gives some lethality to the Gun. Since current procurement of weapons are not going good in any direction.

ShukantC

Country flag
Ab toh hadd hi ho gayi, Pakistan has managed to make a battle rifle (NATO 7.62mm*51) and a pretty decent one at that. The recoil also seems lesser when compared to Sig 716 going by the video.

And we on the other hand took one of the best 7.62 battle rifles in the world and made it tatti with our OFB ammo which I think was made for our SLR 's which could take the abuse of our OFB ammo and still continue to work.

When will our people get there shit together and design a proper assault/battle rifle......

Last edited:

SKC

Country flag
Ab toh hadd hi ho gayi, Pakistan has managed to make a battle rifle (NATO 7.62mm*51) and a pretty decent one at that. The recoil also seems lesser when compared to Sig 716 going by the video.

And we on the other hand took one of the best 7.62 battle rifles in the world and made it tatti with our OFB ammo which I think was made for our SLR 's which was short stroked and hence needed more gas pressure to operate.

When will our people get there shit together and design a proper assault/battle rifle......

Achcha khasa recoil dikh to raha hai video mai!
And the design seems to be inspired by already available guns.
I have seen this cylindrical stock used in other rifles too.

SUPERPOWER

Country flag

And we on the other hand took one of the best 7.62 battle rifles in the world and made it tatti with our OFB ammo which I think was made for our SLR 's which could take the abuse of our OFB ammo and still continue to work.

Than we should buy from PAkistan...Indian money Guzzling Genrols will definately like it....Rundykhana banakar rakha hai benchod pure industry ko aur apne Raju ko bhanap bhi nahi ho rahi...

ShukantC

Country flag
Achcha khasa recoil dikh to raha hai video mai!
And the design seems to be inspired by already available guns.
I have seen this cylindrical stock used in other rifles too.
I was talking about this clip, the Sig 716 ka recoil was so high the jawan could not keep his balance.
But the barrel length may also be a factor (16 inch for Sig vs 17.5inch for the G3 on which BW 20 is based on) for the excessive recoil.

The BW20 article does say they are going to make a shorter barrel rifle so I really want to see the recoil of that variant, till then it's very hard to gauge the recoil strength just based on videos

SUPERPOWER

Country flag

"Iska Recoil Kaafi Hai"...How easily he has rejected the rifle after shooting it in a Rambo Style....

Aur iska to bilkul recoil nahi hai ..sirf dharti kaap rahi hai..

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Than we should buy from PAkistan...Indian money Guzzling Genrols will definately like it....Rundykhana banakar rakha hai benchod pure industry ko aur apne Raju ko bhanap bhi nahi ho rahi...
You should go and design a rifle then .all the SSS ,PLR came up in the last 4 years does anybody expect them to pop up and say " we got a rifle " and army says yup!! 😂 and if that paki rifle is so good then why pakis are still using g3s?

SUPERPOWER

Country flag
You should go and design a rifle then .all the SSS ,PLR came up in the last 4 years does anybody expect them to pop up and say " we got a rifle " and army says yup!! 😂 and if that paki rifle is so good then why pakis are still using g3s?
I know you joke a lot.....😂

Ha ha ha

SKC

Country flag
I was talking about this clip, the Sig 716 ka recoil was so high the jawan could not keep his balance.
But the barrel length may also be a factor (16 inch for Sig vs 17.5inch for the G3 on which BW 20 is based on) for the excessive recoil.

The BW20 article does say they are going to make a shorter barrel rifle so I really want to see the recoil of that variant, till then it's very hard to gauge the recoil strength just based on videos

Its more due to the infamous Rambo stance used by our Jawans. They are still living in 80s. See the vids of even Pakis who know the modern stance.
I am shocked by the ease and stance used by Talibanis who took over Afghanistan after withdrawal of US forces. Looks how well they handle the guns left by US.

We are using faulty techniques and then blaming the good products.

Chinmoy

Country flag

That's because of the operating procedure.

OFB use long stroke gas piston. The upside of such a rifle is, it is more rugged and trust worthy in operation. The downside is, it kicks like a mule.

SIG716 use direct impingement. Upside of such a rifle is, it has less moving part and less recoil and light. Downside, it is maintenance heavy.

POF BW20 use roller delayed blowback action. Upside of such a rifle is, it is simple to make and maintenance free. Downside is, it is ammo specific and susceptible to breakage.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
I know you joke a lot.....😂

Ha ha ha
Its no joke our system is vicious especially small arms .lets just imagine army pops up a trial for 7.62x51 in the future .both indian PSU and private intities along with international companies respond .A rifle made by an indian private company is selected then what will happen OFB or whatever its now will start to cry how they are being ignored how their products are world class and pressure mod .deal will mot likely cancel or gets delayed

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

Compare the stance and position both the shooters and standing in and then see why your argument makes absolutely no sense and is flawed.

ShukantC

Country flag
Compare the stance and position both the shooters and standing in and then see why your argument makes absolutely no sense and is flawed.
The earlier post from SKC explained the difference in stances between the 2 shooters

and the only realistic way someone can judge the recoil strength realistically is if the person fires and tries out both the guns themselves.

So now have to wait for a review video from one of the American gun channels on youtube

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Lalla. Wo sab to thik hai
Lekin. Fauj ko itni galiyan bhi mat do,

Articles