DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Aniruddha Mulay

OFB supplies shit quality ammo to blow up a fking new M777
Everyone- Army is full of Dallals vrooooooo UN Army vroooooo

ATHOS is made by a company which has a history of making one of the best products, is also cheaper (by the cost estimation from the Print Article) + We dont really have a decent history with Indian made systems which were inducted except a few which got orders in high numbers. There have been incidence where they have gone nuts but you guys live in your world.

BHIMP SPG- MOD fking blacklisted the Partner company
Bharat 45 - Its basically GC-45 howitzer from 1980s
The M777 was hurriedly acquired inspite of that incident, whereas single barrel burst incident of the ATAGS meant it was put through anotger round of infinite trials.
ATHOS 2052 is such an excellent platform that even the Israeli Army has not inducted it🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.
Bharat Forge is the world leader when it comes to forging, no one even comes close to them.
ATAGS price is for the intial 150 batch, mass produced will be significantly cheaper.
Moreover, ATAGS is the only gun in the world which can fire Zone 7 ammunition.
BFL acquired the knowhow and knowwhy of building an artillery gun using the GC-45 as baseline, plus, the Bharat 45 is way more modern compared to GC-45.

Aniruddha Mulay

This video was arised few months after induction, so at that short time they tested indigenous ammunition or Imported??
Compare this recoil to the recoil of 7.62x51 rifle made by OFB and using probably the same ammo.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
The M777 was hurriedly acquired inspite of that incident, whereas single barrel burst incident of the ATAGS meant it was put through anotger round of infinite trials.
ATHOS 2052 is such an excellent platform that even the Israeli Army has not inducted it🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.
Bharat Forge is the world leader when it comes to forging, no one even comes close to them.
ATAGS price is for the intial 150 batch, mass produced will be significantly cheaper.
Moreover, ATAGS is the only gun in the world which can fire Zone 7 ammunition.
BFL acquired the knowhow and knowwhy of building an artillery gun using the GC-45 as baseline, plus, the Bharat 45 is way more modern compared to GC-45.
Tell that to the army, never before in indias history.
The army has been presented with such a wide array of arty pieces

The army is happy in importing old and rusted 130mm guns from ex ussr countries

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
If i were in any position to take decisions regarding defence procurements , I would have shoved Bharat forge arty systems down the army's throat

Ask why ?
Because of civilian Supremacy, for last 40 years these people have cried ganges after ganges that they could not induct new arty systems .
What's the issue , had Bharat forge been a company in China, instead of the wonder we know as india , all of their systems would have been inducted .
How beautiful their arty systems look , nobody around the world offers such a exhaustive catalogue of arty products .
They will buy 145 m777 , but will ignore bfl ultralight howitzer, all the old 80s bofors should be replaced by these ultralight howitzer, but no.
Chalta hai ji, kaunsi jaung honi hai
It feels so , darn frustrating, the army deserves all the brickbats it gets in regards to its unrealistic, unreasonable, lethargic, inconsistent and foolish procurement policies in relation to all branches.
This discourteous attitude of army will cost the nation big time .bloody massive defeat will open their eyes I assume.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
If a person knows anything about FRAP programme of 90s , he shall be privy to the information that total requirement of tracked spg was 400 units, but look here we are in the third decade òf this millennium, still army won't order more vajras , all the setup is right there , bloody right there in place but army prefers to return teh budget money instead of utilising it judiciously and prudently .
Thats indian army for you .
I can s
Prove to you people that , army brass is still looking towards inducting. Atmos , the dastardly Israelis will try with all of their might to scuttle atags project, like they did with mpatgm.
Those whom you people consider as your friends are your worst enemies
Aka isralos and russkies
China makes almost all the stuff itself, its a pity that brits left us with a fledgling military production setup

Last edited:

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
The army is a self serving institution with scant regard for its jawans.
Case in point no orop yet , no care for equipment of the jawans , sig se acha wapis slr hi le aao .
After more than 12 years they give a pircemeal order for 72000 sigs , which turn out to be faulty and people here like true gungadeens defend the mighty sig saur company.
Yes ofb has quality issues , so what ?
Their ammo works fine with lmgs and other weapons, but nazuk kamseen sig saur rifle failed in front of hathi maar slr in reliability criteria and failed against ofb r2 , in recoil parameters.
Its absolutely sickening as to see the lengths people go on to defend a bloody foreign firm over ofb or bharat forge

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
If i were in any position to take decisions regarding defence procurements , I would have shoved Bharat forge arty systems down the army's throat

Ask why ?
Because of civilian Supremacy, for last 40 years these people have cried ganges after ganges that they could not induct new arty systems .
What's the issue , had Bharat forge been a company in China, instead of the wonder we know as india , all of their systems would have been inducted .
How beautiful their arty systems look , nobody around the world offers such a exhaustive catalogue of arty products .
They will buy 145 m777 , but will ignore bfl ultralight howitzer, all the old 80s bofors should be replaced by these ultralight howitzer, but no.
Chalta hai ji, kaunsi jaung honi hai
It feels so , darn frustrating, the army deserves all the brickbats it gets in regards to its unrealistic, unreasonable, lethargic, inconsistent and foolish procurement policies in relation to all branches.
This discourteous attitude of army will cost the nation big time .bloody massive defeat will open their eyes I assume.
it feels even if army inducts it now,it was mostly due to massive pressure and never before predicted circumstances coming to pass all combining to force their hands.the laws of procurement and the negative list also helped.

this all will leave a bitter taste in my mouth even when I see the inevitable tweet of atags order.

too much hindrance to be just a coincidence.their overall general attitude is chalta hai.needs constant civilian prodding.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
it feels even if army inducts it now,it was mostly due to massive pressure and never before predicted circumstances coming to pass all combining to force their hands.the laws of procurement and the negative list also helped.

this all will leave a bitter taste in my mouth even when I see the inevitable tweet of atags order.

too much hindrance to be just a coincidence.their overall general attitude is chalta hai.needs constant civilian prodding.
This is what change in mindset the change in civilian government brings
Before 2014 , we used to cry hoarse that congi government bad , indian army good .
Now see , we are exposed to reality

indiatester

Country flag
OK... I just want to blame someone...
Should it be

1) MOD i.e., Babus
2) Army for the unreasonable QR and procurement process i.e., Officers involved
3) Usage of the gun i.e., Jawans
4) Faulty ammunition i.e., OFB
5) Quality of the gun i.e., Sig

Even if OFB is producing lower quality ammo, isn't it a fixable problem? Process and input material review should help I guess. If not, post production a QC tests should be able to identify good from bad.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
There were no problem with the sig716i on the civil market .sig 716i even won best rifle of the year award by NRA or something .MOD then tried to buy a repeat order for some time .if the rifle was so bad then why try to do a repeat order? When the imported ammo is over and OFB ammo is getting used then their is "boom" 🙃

karn

Country flag
I distinctly remember that when SLR was in service there was different ammo for LMG and rifle even though the ammo on paper is the same NATO 7.62.. something to do with different grains in the propellant. If these dudes are firing LMG rounds out the sig... well all this is to be expected.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
OK... I just want to blame someone...
Should it be

1) MOD i.e., Babus
2) Army for the unreasonable QR and procurement process i.e., Officers involved
3) Usage of the gun i.e., Jawans
4) Faulty ammunition i.e., OFB
5) Quality of the gun i.e., Sig

Even if OFB is producing lower quality ammo, isn't it a fixable problem? Process and input material review should help I guess. If not, post production a QC tests should be able to identify good from bad.
Please blame the second one

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Gentlemen, I have come to the conclusion that we need a " mota ispat wala rifle "
And only venerable ofb can make it .
Indian bullets are very powerful, we should respect the Indian bullet and change the rifle and ask the ever venerable ofb to mass produce R2 rifle.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Sabse phele ye jo QR banane wale IA ke log h unhe dhoondho, BC har baar kisi na kisi wajah se tender cancel ho jaata, kabhi unhe khud hi nhi pta kya chahte ye log, kabhi unrealistic requirement aur jab kabhi sab sahi chal rha hota h saale ye log phir Naya tender nikal dete h.

Maa ki aankh ab bhot ho gya, sab k haath m AK hi de do, inse na ho paayega nai bandook lena. Optics toh inhe space tech lagti h.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
I believe that this cancellation was a deliberate move and teething problems are being presented as 'glitches'.

The truth is Sig Sauer quoted a higher price on the rifles than the $990 for the initial batch. They also need all available tooling and equipment to prepare for production of the XM5 (MCX Spear) for the US Army and Marines.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your...er-to-build-its-next-generation-squad-weapon/

Then there is also hostile Biden Government who can cause all sorts of problems with supplies and sanctions for supporting Russia by proxy. The follow on order was sought during the Trump regime.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/wap.bu...ndia-under-catsaa-blinken-122041200369_1.html

Also one of the reasons for the follow up order was the AK 203 deal not progressing satisfactorily which now appears to be a moot point.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.econ...an-sigsauer-guns/amp_articleshow/74001571.cms

The Army recently allowed for half of the existing lot of 72,400 rifles to have II tube scopes which actually cost more than the rifles.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ti...t-improved-night-fighting-capabilities/843741

Also Indian Defence Industry is now capable of making AR-15 / AR-10 rifles. The Sig 716i is an AR 10.

View attachment 153434

View attachment 153435

I wonder if this is their own AR-15 Design or one of the left over display pieces from their erstwhile JV with LMT?
a little better quality pic.

View attachment 153500
Anyway my take on the issue.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
I think now MOD/Gov should intervene and just make arrangements for jv like IRRPL with Russia for more types of weapons including lmg, carbines and snipers if IA is unwilling to give chance to local products even if they meet requirement.
My list would be Ak variants in 7.62*39mm and 5.56*45mm, PKM/Pechenag, OSIRIS series of sniper rifles.
Just stop this ever going circus at this point 🤷.

Isse jyada aur kya kare, any ideas from anyone. And the best thing, american sanctions on its own weapons ka Dar khatam.

Chinmoy

Country flag
In the AR-15 Patterned rifle, except the magazine, butt portion of the stock (buffer tube is their own) and pistol grip, everything else is their own equipment. As per their CEO (Viv Krishnan) they are not going to indigenise these polymer furnitures until they get a significant order as it is simply not feasible to do so for piecemeal orders.
Now you could clearly see where the problem lies with our industry. We don't learn from past failures and only work for short term profit.

The update you provided must be recent because when I got in touch with him Pre-Chinese virus time, he steered off clearly from the issue. In INSAS saga we have faced issue with cracked magazine and butt. So investing on furniture along with the base of the gun, i.e barrel and trigger mechanism is equally important.

Now they could pass off all the trials, but they would not get significant order unless and until they get their parts and accessories certified. Changing those later on would mean another round of trials. They have to atleast give a road map of indigenization for all those components. They have already invested in the most costliest part, so investing or drawing on roadmaps for less expensive parts is more logical then waiting for SIGNIFICANT order. On second thought, it also means that the recent upgrade kit for AK too is imported by them.

Articles