DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

vishnugupt

Country flag
OFB supplies shit quality ammo to blow up a fking new M777
Everyone- Army is full of Dallals vrooooooo UN Army vroooooo

ATHOS is made by a company which has a history of making one of the best products, is also cheaper (by the cost estimation from the Print Article) + We dont really have a decent history with Indian made systems which were inducted except a few which got orders in high numbers. There have been incidence where they have gone nuts but you guys live in your world.

BHIMP SPG- MOD fking blacklisted the Partner company
Bharat 45 - Its basically GC-45 howitzer from 1980s
Nothing new. Similar type of arguments were given when we were importing super duper Americaaaaan riffle. Now you are just changing goal post.

OFB only come in picture when UN armed forces are in question rest of time same OFB manufactured ammunition works well.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Nothing new. Similar type of arguments were given when we were importing super duper Americaaaaan riffle. Now you are just changing goal post.

OFB only come in picture when UN armed forces are in question rest of time same OFB manufactured ammunition works well.
Precisely, the atags used ofb ammo .
The erfb shell 155 mm is manufactured by Yantra india limited only, tab kya hogaya tha ?

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Basically ofb manufactured ammunition isn't compatible with sigs
But it's working fine with other rifles
So where the blame comes to ofb or yantra
It's all stupidity of babus and military babus bcoz yantra won't change entire capacity for a single variety of rifles
It's just a clusterfuck

Photon

Country flag
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Bhai saab, rifle deal cancel Hui hai... Toh problem riffle me hi hogi na?? Ammunition deal cancel nhi hui.

Earlier when I objected against this riffle people on this forum went crazy. Now same INSAS saga is being repeated again.

General saab, kha pi ke nikal liye... Foot soldiers are suffering as usual.

Now UN armed forces will Import different type of Riffle again.
I too support your claim if rifle deal cancel it's problem of rifle, not ammunition. I think gov fearing backlash for importing faulty rifle because of large publicity stunts. Kunal Biswas many times showed that Recoil effect video, just compare it with Sandeep unnithan OFB 7.62x51 rifle review video using the same indigenous ammunition.

Last edited:

vishnugupt

Country flag
LAAL SALAM SAAR
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
How shallow you people are. Perhaps you guys studies in reputed English medium school that's why leaned nothing except discussing quality of weed.

OFB is not a CPI branch neither I had ever claimed OFB is sufficient or excellent. But blaming OFB for everything is not going to work now.

Sig riffle have glaring deficiency in Himalaya.

Photon

Country flag
I too support your claim if rifle deal cancel it's problem of rifle, not ammunition. I think gov fearing backlash for importing faulty rifle because of large publicity stunts. Kunal Biswas many times showed that Recoil effect video, just compare it with Sandeep unnithan OFB 7.62x51 rifle review video using the same indigenous ammunition.
this video was uploaded four years ago, if we supported this program properly no need to give order for SIG

SGOperative

Country flag
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
How shallow you people are. Perhaps you guys studies in reputed English medium school that's why leaned nothing except discussing quality of weed.

OFB is not a CPI branch neither I had ever claimed OFB is sufficient or excellent. But blaming OFB for everything is not going to work now.

Sig riffle have glaring deficiency in Himalaya.
LMAO blaming sigs when the fault even in the article of Wire was attributed to Ammo lmao. We all know how "Good" they are to burst newer barrels lol. Sigs have served from a long time to multinational clients + won the competiton for NGSW but Sigs vrooo, Atmanirbhar goes brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr vrooooo. Funny enough guys say We dissucus issues lmao, 70% of you just dump any issue on the Army without any theoritcal backing or anything just dump. What do you mean MOD and PSUs exists and do have their own share of power.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Ammunition causing damage. Looks like OFB folks is back to doing their usual Naughty things. :cool3: :cool3:
Lol, what kind of next gen recoil did army expect from a 7.62 nato rifle. I don't think there's any issue with OFB ammo, it's the same nato spec ammo used elsewhere if I am not wrong. Bhaiyaji lagta hai inko 5.56mm wala recoil chaiye tha badi goli wali rifle mai, God help our army procurement logic.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Chandigarh: India’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) has decided against inking the Rs 700-crore repeat order it had approved in late 2020 for 72,400 ‘Patrol’ Sig Sauer assault rifles from the US for its military, due to diverse ‘snags’ which had surfaced with earlier imports of an equal number of similar weapon systems a year before.Official sources told The Wire that the supplementary procurement of SIG716 7.62×51 mm rifles had been abandoned following several “operational glitches” which had surfaced soon after they were issued to Indian Army units deployed along the Line of Control in Kashmir and on counter-insurgency operations in the region from December 2019 onwards.Of the total imported SIG716’s, the army had received 66,400 rifles, the Indian Air Force (IAF) 4,000 units and the Indian Navy’s Garud Special Forces the remaining 2,000 weapon systems.According to industry officials, the “operational shortcomings” in the SIG716 rifles included “jamming” while firing locally produced 7.62 mm rounds, which were not as efficient as imported ammunition, of which limited amounts had initially been acquired but had since been expended.
View attachment 154225
The amount of technical mistakes in this article makes me wanna throw up, when did sig 716 had burst mode and comparing sig recoil to ak and insas, pta nhi kha se utha ke laate h aise defense experts

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
They are doing better , damn it !!!
Its fault of the army that , they didn't conduct trials properly where they should have done so.
Otherwise their trials take years and years .
Ofb won't change its ammo manufacturing just because army purchased a new rifle which was not compitable with the Indian ammo.
Say , about cutting the corners.
Emergency purchase Babu bhaiya....
Trials are a grain of what normally happens in a tender and hence the army which expects a performance of elephant for a ant product is bound to face issue sooner or later. The best course of action will be to manage ones expectations.
I wonder how so called faulty ammo of OFB working for MMG gun in IA, same ammo working for one gun but not for another, what gives?
Now I think two major reasons for a higher recoil is unreasonable expectation and improper training to handle recoil for sig 7.62 nato.
About guns getting jammed and so on, only a comprehensive study can tell what exactly the reason is.
Now I have a strong inkling that the army might as well 🥲 shut this circus and order just ak 203 as standard for whole army. Now that would be what you call as devolution in adopting ammo.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Emergency purchase Babu bhaiya....
Trials are a grain of what normally happens in a tender and hence the army which expects a performance of elephant for a ant product is bound to face issue sooner or later. The best course of action will be to manage ones expectations.
I wonder how so called faulty ammo of OFB working for MMG gun in IA, same ammo working for one gun but not for another, what gives?
Now I think two major reasons for a higher recoil is unreasonable expectation and improper training to handle recoil for sig 7.62 nato.
About guns getting jammed and so on, only a comprehensive study can tell what exactly the reason is.
Now I have a strong inkling that the army might as well 🥲 shut this circus and order just ak 203 as standard for whole army. Now that would be what you call as devolution in adopting ammo.
If army really orders ak 203 , to apke muh Me gulab jamun kuldeep ji.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles