DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

mokoman

Country flag
When was the last time that Chinese sent a large fleet to IOC? 400 or 500 years ago.
When will Chinese send a large fleet to IOC next time? Not in 20 years.
20 years ? , i read PLAN was 4-5 aircraft carriers by 2030 , at some point near future they will most def send one carrier strike group into indian ocean.

anyways , i think Indian plan is a blockade of chinese oil supply through the strait , in case of war that is .

flanker99

Country flag
20 years ? , i read PLAN was 4-5 aircraft carriers by 2030 , at some point near future they will most def send one carrier strike group into indian ocean.

anyways , i think Indian plan is a blockade of chinese oil supply through the strait , in case of war that is .
They can get oil from russia or even iran through land route...however blockade of any kind will significantly disturb global trade economy which is why west will piss on us...unless we talking about a full on WW.
Our best bet use long range dispersed asm and ships to sink chinese flotilla before it gets too close.
Maybe we could work with us to integrate those unmanned asm launchers with brahmos or develop em on our own

flanker99

Country flag
the BrahMos warhead weighs 300KG,
The weight of the missile together with the launch tube is 3 ton
US thinks it will take hundreds of missiles to sink a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier
No need to sink launch around half a dozen one or two well placed ones will ensure mission kill(not ready for undertaking any missions)

Akula

Country flag

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
The data about BrahMos has always been a mystery, all kinds of data are very confusing,
I will use the data of the Russian P800 Onyx missile as a benchmark.
Do a comparison with YJ12,
First of all, the air intake of the warhead can ensure higher combustion efficiency, which is an advantage,
But the disadvantage is equally obvious, there is not enough space to install more advanced radar
At the same time, when doing high maneuvers, it is easy to cause the air intake efficiency to drop sharply, while the YJ12 can ensure that there are 2 air intakes for normal intake at any time.
Secondly, the BrahMos missile is too big, nearly 9m in length, while the YJ12 is only 6.3m in length
So even a 3000t frigate like 054AP can carry 8 pieces
YJ 12 is not vertical launched, which itself limits the amount of missiles carried. If you want an analogue, a variant of STAR could easily be build within this decade if Navy wants. But then again Brahmos NG being tri-service is also a reality having more or less dimensions, lesser weight and with no mtcr roadblock and advancement in tech, we can safely assume brahmos ng capable enough to deliver 200-300kg class warhead to upto 400km. Anyway Hypersonic AShM should find their way in IA by around first half of next decade.
I don't think we would be lacking in antiship capability either today or in future.

Articles