DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

karn

Country flag
Many of the issues have been resolved
Didn't you follow the post which I did in January
Hold up . Are you saying that Kaveri will power a Tejas soon ? I mean .. gtre must have given up on sending the engine to russia

SavageKing456

Country flag
Hold up . Are you saying that Kaveri will power a Tejas soon ? I mean .. gtre must have given up on sending the engine to russia
Weight issues still are there
Kaveri has become a TD
Sj said that standard kaveri prototypes will be flight demonstrated to coincide with 75th anniversary.
Since he did not explicitly mentioned dry kaveri I removed dry kaveri out of equation

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
I Don't think this is correct news. So where would you employ this?? On ships, No, it's too big. On land, wouldn't a guided ASROC with LWT be better. How do you achieve kill chain with above pinaka based system????
Dia of LWT- 334mm, Dia of pinaka -224mm, so forget about guided torpedo solution.
Either we need a definitive proof of such system, otherwise looks total logical bullshit to me. If a mini SMART would have been pitched, then atleast that was believable.

Srinie

Country flag
I Don't think this is correct news. So where would you employ this?? On ships, No, it's too big. On land, wouldn't a guided ASROC with LWT be better. How do you achieve kill chain with above pinaka based system????
Dia of LWT- 334mm, Dia of pinaka -224mm, so forget about guided torpedo solution.
Either we need a definitive proof of such system, otherwise looks total logical bullshit to me. If a mini SMART would have been pitched, then atleast that was believable.
They are talking about RBU6000 replacement

SavageKing456

Country flag
Weight issues still are there
Kaveri has become a TD
Sj said that standard kaveri prototypes will be flight demonstrated to coincide with 75th anniversary.
Since he did not explicitly mentioned dry kaveri I removed dry kaveri out of equation
Kaveri cannot be put operational
Until they put hp compressor,reduce weight inc thrust to 90+kn
Afaik earlier it reached 83kn
They even solved screech issues and combustion instability issues

Last edited:

SavageKing456

Country flag
So u are saying the news given by defence decode regarding kaveri is for ghatak not tejas
Dry kaveri was supposed to be flight tested by February 2022 even sj knew this when he said last year
But it the 75th anniversary one doesn't seems like dry kaveri
It was kaveri he was talking about
Regarding from where it will be flight tested idk

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Dry kaveri was supposed to be flight tested by February 2022 even sj knew this when he said last year
But it the 75th anniversary one doesn't seems like dry kaveri
It was kaveri he was talking about
Regarding from where it will be flight tested idk
dont you think we should have asked french regarding this, they might have done it fast :notsure:

Srinie

Country flag
Read the tweet again- ''pinaka based'' so :confused1:
Pinaka and rbu6000 have the same diameter so a rocket derived from pinaka would be a perfect fit as a replacement for rbu6000 rockets . Also hopefully we get to see air launched derivative of pinaka soon as a replacement for the Russian rockets

gajapati

Country flag
Perovskite solar cells have shown remarkable progress in recent years with rapid increases in conversion efficiency, from reports of about 3% in 2006 to over 25% today. This ll replace si based solar cell in future ..

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Perovskite solar cells have shown remarkable progress in recent years with rapid increases in conversion efficiency, from reports of about 3% in 2006 to over 25% today. This ll replace si based solar cell in future ..

any Indian startup doing research on it ??

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles