DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

SavageKing456

Country flag
Typical cruise speed of a fighter is 0.8 Mach and with after burner it is Mach 2. Even if you supercruise, it would be at 1.2 Mach.

So when you could test anywhere in between 0.2 to 4 Mach, you are covering every facet of the travel. AMCA is reportedly to supercruise at Mach 1.6. So how is the Mach 0.2 to 4.0 is small in any regard?
Not the speed I am talking about but the wind tunnel is small scaled

Chinmoy

Country flag
Can any one tell if any major domestic product has improved or has even gone into production after receiving inputs from the armed forces. Arjun mk1B is a result of army inputs veterans say it's not upto the mark . So should the officers who gave inputs should be investigated or not
Tejas.

Arjun Mk1A has not been disapproved because of its shortcomings. Infact it is upto T-90 mark in its capability.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Can any one tell if any major domestic product has improved or has even gone into production after receiving inputs from the armed forces. Arjun mk1B is a result of army inputs veterans say it's not upto the mark . So should the officers who gave inputs should be investigated or not
since 2017-18, defence forces are part of development process itself along with manufacturing partner. this is probably why launcher was already available for maiden test of Akash-NG in Jan 2021. IN was always involved in development process, for a few decades now. IAF is definitely getting involved these days, based on article on AMCA last week.

but for IA, whether they are deeply involving themselves in all their development projects, i don't know for sure. in the sense that we don't know whether their involvement is as a customer or a development partner. ideally they should get involved as a development partner, to reduce development cycle timelines, instead of passing negative judgements after a lot of work has been done.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
News not confirmed, just take this as a joke, though suddenly realising you need NLOS missile, phele yaad nhi aaya, drdo ko mauka toh dete

IAF be like- Arre bhaiya hum toh naam hi nahi sune the NLOS missile ka, abhi abhi pta lga h ki mast cheez h, pta hota toh hum phele hi DRDO ko NLOS missile banane ko bol dete, kher koi na ab nhi h toh hum thoda emergency purchase kar lete h. Iske baad aga mood bna toh 5 th gen spike er2 bhi le lenge thoda sa, HELINA toh 3rd gen hi rhe gya bas, kya kijiyega. Dekhiye ab Rudra helicopter pe kya mount kijiye, chota helicopter h na, hum toh bade Russian helicopter m mount karenge, hum bta rhe h ye electronic warfare suit tagde mi17 par acha nhi lgta, hum toh Sher ki tarah jaayenge yudhshetra m Bina kisi dhaal k, chaliye ab chalte h, tata byee byee.
if "over the hill" capability is being inducted in small numbers, it is a good thing.

vishnugupt

Country flag
if "over the hill" capability is being inducted in small numbers, it is a good thing.
What is the difference between SANT and NLOS??
Is there any video available of NLOS where it is working "over the hill"??

Srinie

Country flag
As expected brahmos aerospace trivandrum has been chosen as production partner for stfe engine a company which has zero experience in manufacturing turbofan engine . This was right up HALs alley but still they were not chosen . There were some rumours that brahmos aerospace wanted to be production partner for nirbhay missile programme. Mother Russia collects her zazia in unusual ways

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
What is the difference between SANT and NLOS??
Is there any video available of NLOS where it is working "over the hill"??
NLOS is electro-optically guide with mid course correction, and has a longer range. because or larger control surfaces, may have better control over course correction.

either way, it's induction unlikely to cause disruption to induction of SANT.

Chinmoy

Country flag
NLOS is electro-optically guide with mid course correction, and has a longer range. because or larger control surfaces, may have better control over course correction.

vishnugupt

Country flag

Are you sure SANT does not have EO/IR and MMW guidelines with LOAL??

Is it not also true that NLOS have maximum range 32 km when launched from Helicopter and weight of NLOS is also around 70kg.?

Isn't it just a stop gap order??

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Piston engine are much more efficient for their typical power output and are less expensive to operate. So a UAV operating at 20k feet is much more affordable and efficient with a Piston engine. But when it comes to HALE UAV, you do want a jet/ turboprop engine as it is much more efficient in high altitude.
Piston engine might be fuel-efficient for the output power, but isn’t it much bulky for the output power, that is its power / weight ratio is poor compared to turbine engines ?

vishnugupt

Country flag
@Chinmoy and others do you have any info on that r73 Sam system developed by iaf
Ya inhouse designing bureau has converted useless R73 missiles into a militant type jugad.

Basically this system is equivalent of what Houthi or ISIS use.

Funny thing is.... Even Houthi/ISIS jugad are battle tested while UN Forces's are just a show piece with zero trials.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Are you sure SANT does not have EO/IR and MMW guidelines with LOAL??

Is it not also true that NLOS have maximum range 32 km when launched from Helicopter and weight of NLOS is also around 70kg.?

Isn't it just a stop gap order??
not interested in rhetorical conversation mate. if you have a point to make, do put forth.
my premise will remain the same, induction of limited numbers of NLOS will not affect SANT induction, atleast there are no indications so far.

vishnugupt

Country flag
not interested in rhetorical conversation mate. if you have a point to make, do put forth.
my premise will remain the same, induction of limited numbers of NLOS will not affect SANT induction, atleast there are no indications so far.
I'm not asking whether NLOS will affect SANT or not.

My question is about technical comparison between the two.

SANT missile also have EO/IR and MMW seeker with LOAL capability. Weight around 50kg and range 20km. ( I don't have authentic source but many articles say so)

So except range, what is other difference??

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I'm not asking whether NLOS will affect SANT or not.

My question is about technical comparison between the two.

SANT missile also have EO/IR and MMW seeker with LOAL capability. Weight around 50kg and range 20km. ( I don't have authentic source but many articles say so)

So except range, what is other difference??
i haven't seen SANT with EO/IR seeker yet in any pics.
as far as i know none of the ingenious ATGMs have dual seekers.

others can clarify.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles