DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag

vishnugupt

Country flag
I too am talking about that only.

While we are using drones from 1996, you think a UCAV has not crossed the mind of users?

We have taken up the theory of an UCAV only in 2011 from development point of view.
He meant to say, Heron was in the mind of U N forces, not the Archer. Archer was ignored in the favor of kickback deal.

I know you will say the Satcom/Automatic Landing/take-off system was not ready so Army refused but we all know our generals.

Covfefe

Country flag
He meant to say, Heron was in the mind of U N forces, not the Archer. Archer was ignored in the favor of kickback deal.

I know you will say the Satcom/Automatic Landing/take-off system was not ready so Army refused but we all know our generals.
The TB2s in use by Ukraine or by Azerbaijan previously were all satcom enabled? Their usage has been observed mostly to be in LOS

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Armed forces want world best while having zero participation in development of platform and zero commitment
This ! UNIA and UNIAF want 1st world quality and requirements from domestic industry without participating in the process. They don't act like stakeholders in ANY project but like an arrogant customer.
But on the other hand as fas the quality of OhEffingB maal goes, I completely agree with UNIA. Those bi**es should be fired and OhEffingB completely disbanded or sold ! Communist union dens they're nothing more, not an iota of sincerity to produce quality equipment for people putting their lives on the line. I want OhEffingB to be sold hook line and sinker to TATA or KALYANI. That's the only final solution to this never ending cycle of distrust between UNIA and domestic industry. OhEffingB is responsible for this cycle of distrust.
Whereas in India we still have not placed order for additional K-9 howitzers despite deliveries being completed over an year back.
Hopeless priorities of UNIA gernails who want to buy T90 tanks and earn kickbacks .

Pls be real
At this point I have lost hope of ATAGS ever being inducted and/or ordered in large numbers. Max I expect is an order of 76 pieces after trials on Jupiter, and a statement by UNIA chief saying how they're fully supporting aatmanirbharatha !

samsaptaka

Country flag
The story is not so straightforward, my friend.

DRDO's drone journey started in the 1980s, when the development of DRDO Nishant, DRDO Rustom, and DRDO Lakshya started.
DRDO Nishant development was completed by 1995 and was inducted into the army as early as 1999. Satisfied by it, Army ordered 12 more UAVs However, it was consistently plagued by issues and snags, and even with DRDO continuously improving it, all (4) of them crashed, and the program was officially canceled.

Meanwhile, DRDO Lakshya gained success and was ordered for target practice. Its successor DRDO Abhyas has also been successful and being used.

Whereas, DRDO Rustom's development kept on going for the next 29 years, only to take the first flight in 2009. Meanwhile, it still remains in the hangers of DRDO without orders, more than 40 years have passed. Although it has kept on crashing occasionally, here and there.

Regarding Tapas (Rustom-2), everyone knows as it is currently in testing and being improved, and hopefully, it will be inducted by 2025 (I am being very hopeful here).

=========================================================

So yeah, you can argue Army is the devil here, they sabotaged Nishant program, and the lack of interest by armed forces has slowed/halted the UAV development. But maybe, maybe it is the lethargic fat-bellied, samosa-snacking DRDO uncles with zero motivation and work ethics who has failed to deliver a solid product that forces can rely on, hence by default, armed forces developed a trust issue with DRDO products.
Fk this is pathetic even by drdo standards ! 40 years ! Goddamned MNREGA scheme, in fact i think thats what drdo does, keep extending each project like mnrega employment scheme. Unless we privatize we are doomed people.

samsaptaka

Country flag
How is DRDO stopping private sector from innovating?
Err by bidding lowest for every defence tender, bcos they know they're not held accountable for performance by the govt. They are bleeding tax payers money like its their abbu ka paisa

samsaptaka

Country flag
Guys, a note of caution, when it comes to drdo drone projects, be calm and Don't hope. Hope is a dangerous thing as told in a famous white man's movie. Add 15yrs to whatever date is given out by drdo babu

samsaptaka

Country flag
Give me an example where a private company developed something better than DRDO for less money. Private R&D companies will only work if govt is ready to fund them and cover their losses. Criticising DRDO for failures is ok, but we should be aware of the constraints they face.
Of course pvt industry cannot compete on price ! DRDO uses govts own money and time, its subsidised by the govt using tax payers money. And is never held accountable for inordinate delays, whereas Pvt guys are screwed even though they're new to the game whereas drdo has been doing this for last 50yrs and should actually be held to a higher standard

Articles