DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
have to consider the type of kill vehicle as well, the "slim" ones like barak 8 which is half the diameter to AAD uses proximity fuse. where as AAD is a hit to kill designed to take on incoming BM with warhead itself weighing 1000 kg or more.
It's for endo atmospheric kill , where only warhead remains , and it actually have only 80 kg pre fragmented warhead , that's why I said it's bulky

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
And here is the most interesting part.
Mini c-ram sort.

This can be easily scaled up and mated to more precision radar and bam! We have our own c-ram.

This open point i had some time back seems to be closed now.

The munitions delivery from these small drones is still the missing link, isn't it?
no such info in public domain.

one would assume there would be a range of standardised adapters(to attach to drone), munitions, delivery methods to carry these kind of tasks.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Spyder sr, what do you mean by that ? like nasaams, spyder uses aams, it's does't matter sr or not adding one vehicle with derby not going to change its size. like all indian sams, spyder and nasaams use rf sensor for early detection.
akash for army uses tracked version. spyder - i dont think so.[you can correct me]
Biho - right. its uses rf and eo sensors.
SPYDER-MR.jpg

This is SPYDER-MR.

SPYDER-SR.jpg

This is SPYDER-SR which we are using.

Just compare both the system. Even the RADARs used in different in both. Its not just a vehicle as you think, but a complete change of performance and change of battlefield tactics.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag

Lo bhaiya koi bta do baba kalyani aur L&T ko ki deal phele se set ho chuki h.
Keeping in mind that the original requirement tender floated eons ago has this rheinmetall 35mm AD gun with AHEAD ammo in mind.
Both L&T and Baba Kalyani guns are based on bae 40mm gun with 3P ammo, here rheinmetall gun scores above in rate of fire category.
I am sceptical that armed forces might induct this as indigenous screwdrivergiri. Atleast
players can assimilate the tech, very little hope from others.

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag