DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
How is DRDO stopping private sector from innovating? Yes i do agree that some may consider it waste of resources and that may or may not be fair point but if they don't do and private sector doesn't care then we will be stuck in a limbo.
No private organization can compete with government lab. Private organization are product and result oriented. They need finished product that they can sell to generate revenue. Government labs don't have to worry about bills as government can fund them indefinitely. Employees of Government labs don't have to worry about being axed due to non-performance. Private players have vested interest to develop and deliver good product in timely manner., government organization don't.
Our goverment had/has active policy that discriminate against private players and favor government organizations.
Coming to drones, mini quadcopter and even surveillance one by ideaforge and that tactical uav of L&T which is similar to rustom 1 more or less are something which private players are handling.
My point exactly. If private players are allowed they are giving better results that government bodies.
So why cap their involvement.
Free market always finds a way to course-correct itself.
SWIFT and Ghatak are something that private companies don't have either capability to build or know how to, so it seems fair that DRDO is involved in that.
Private players have capabilities but its government policy that is not allowing development.
HALE and MALE UAV for a long time were exclusive to public sector companies meaning only DRDO and allied government labs were allowed to develop them. Such entry barrier is detrimental to our defense industrial capabilities.
Maybe they will eventually some of the tech to private, maybe a SPV route can be formed for this too for production..This is where DRDO can hand hold private sector alright enough.
DRDO provides does indeed know-how and technologies when needed but only cutting-edge projects must be handled by DRDO. Private players can handle the rest.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Can anyone clear why target altitude is mere 6km for qrsam in drdo brochures. Many UAVs armed with PGMs can easily loiter above that altitude and also multirole fighters with PGMs, that leaves a huge hole in air defense there for this system. I guess radar positions are a reason for that which could have been easily dealt by tilting aesa panels and the 60 degrees of electronic angular sector either side provided by aesa should have provided effective scan of targets upto 12km altitude and more.
What more intriguing is that for a range of good 30km missile, altitude has been capped at 6km. That's a very odd choice, contemporary missiles with that range has easily target engagement above 12kms. Also if it is based on some part atleast of Astra then range is still less i guess, looks bigger than Astra to me atleast. Even launcher seems that it can house more missiles with redesigned swivel launcher like that of pinaka.
It seems like a good Sam akin to vl mica ng and irist slm but somehow has been capped for roles akin to tor and sa8 sam.
I hope there is a mk2 version and these things be rectified.
Also don't say anything about layered system. I know that but even pantsir with those tiny missiles are capable of engaging high altitude targets and this capability for even shorter range sams is must for current threat scenario.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Because most of the drones i.e rustom 1 purchased from drdo were crashed .Turkey is able to do it because it has private company bayraktar who started with screwgiri tb2 was mere assembly and turkey has no quota system like India.
See here Indian army's crores of rupees was wasted by drdo in Nishant uav project.Indian army was one of the very army in 90s who wanted a uav ucav fleet.Drdo charged 22 crores for 1 drone and each one crashed after 20 years of testing and development ,hence Indian army or airforce are not making any commitment it will be better to use this sums of money on atgm and sniper rifles .
Folks within drdo are sabotaging our programs as if they are foreign agents
Mujhe ye samajh nhi aata.... Ki Insaan ghar baithe baithe itna kyu jhoot bolta hai.

HTT 40 didn't crash, LCH and LUH didn't so what does it mean?? Where is Order then?
Rustom 1 never purchased... I don't know who give these informations.

A Scenario:-
A promising athlete preparing for gold medal in Olympic but he didn't participate in it because he is not sure whether he will win or not. On the other hand a athlete participate with half of preparation and claimed last position. So tell me who has better chance to win gold medal in next Olympic???

This the difference between other Armed forces and UN armed forces.

Last edited:

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Can anyone clear why target altitude is mere 6km for qrsam in drdo brochures. Many UAVs armed with PGMs can easily loiter above that altitude and also multirole fighters with PGMs, that leaves a huge hole in air defense there for this system. I guess radar positions are a reason for that which could have been easily dealt by tilting aesa panels and the 60 degrees of electronic angular sector either side provided by aesa should have provided effective scan of targets upto 12km altitude and more.
What more intriguing is that for a range of good 30km missile, altitude has been capped at 6km. That's a very odd choice, contemporary missiles with that range has easily target engagement above 12kms. Also if it is based on some part atleast of Astra then range is still less i guess, looks bigger than Astra to me atleast. Even launcher seems that it can house more missiles with redesigned swivel launcher like that of pinaka.
It seems like a good Sam akin to vl mica ng and irist slm but somehow has been capped for roles akin to tor and sa8 sam.
Also don't say anything about layered system. I know that but even pantsir with those tiny missiles are capable of engaging high altitude targets and this capability for even shorter range sams is must for current threat scenario.
We have akash for more than 6 km altitude

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Launcher has less missile...That it can move quickly...As it is quick responsible

vishnugupt

Country flag
I thought that the big industrial houses would have jumped at this opportunity, but they seem to be not interested at all.
Do you know why?? Because UN armed forces has fucked everyone.

Tambo got first order from USA army not from UN armed force, Ask to them who invested in Arjun project, What is happening with ATAGs.

All investors ( Public or private) have the same story who had dealt with UN armed forces. Only screwdrivers survive.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Gazab chutiya admi hai.... Total Range is 15km but altitude is 20km. Jab bc 20km ooper ja sakta hai toh seedha 20 kyu nhi ja sakta...
Actually the statement is quite vague , you can't achieve a fixed max range for all target , duffer for different targets , most probably this is a misquote regarding max range .

Range of missile especially SAM is quite complex to discuss as it is scenario specific unlike cruise missile or ballastic missile , 15 km can be corresponding to its NEZ which if true gives us a idea that Astra have 40 km + nez