DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Tuco

Country flag
Time? What is this? The concept of time doesn't exist for the def and def ministry. Minimum twenty years.
@THESIS THORON
I think I was a bit mean here, LCH is flying good fires rockets and some AtoA testing have also been done. But the main role for LCH is tank busting and for that DRDO has to finish the ATGM project and then its has to be certified for operations on LCH. Unless this is done I do not think any meaningful orders will be placed. Also They have to train pilots and create necessary infra... all these things add up. We can only pray that it will be available in numbers when we actually may need it.

Blademaster

Its still waiting for a ATGM, I think unless HAL showcase this ability they will order only few of them.
Kinda make sense. After seeing helicopters being shot down in the Russian Ukrainian conflict left and right, the IAF is right to want the ATGM capability or standoff weapon capability in order to avoid being shot down like flies. Helicopters are slower moving vehicles compared to planes and have a limited ceiling height compared to planes so in the age of advanced manpads and SAMs, these helicopters are nothing but target fodder. Having a standoff weapon or ATGM firing capability would offer more survivability.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Chandigarh lobby will make his life hell from tomorrow. "How dare he! 😡"
They themselves (Generals) are Chandigarh Lobby. His hollow talks are just an illusion before he again cry for more Imported items.

He along with his fellow generals are pitching for ATHOS, Kamov, Apache, Platus trainer, MRFA, and killing ATAGS, Killing MWF, Killing LCH, Killed Arjun, Killed NAG, Killed Dhanush, Killing FICV, Killing NG MBT, killing LUH, Killing HTT -40.

Our Generals has long been kept India deprived from robust defence sector.

Shuturmurg

Country flag
They themselves (Generals) are Chandigarh Lobby. His hollow talks are just an illusion before he again cry for more Imported items.

He along with his fellow generals are pitching for ATHOS, Kamov, Apache, Platus trainer, MRFA, and killing ATAGS, Killing MWF, Killing LCH, Killed Arjun, Killed NAG, Killed Dhanush, Killing FICV, Killing NG MBT, killing LUH, Killing HTT -40.

Our Generals has long been kept India deprived from robust defence sector.
Does DRDO meet 1 single deadline ?

vishnugupt

Country flag
@THESIS THORON
I think I was a bit mean here, LCH is flying good fires rockets and some AtoA testing have also been done. But the main role for LCH is tank busting and for that DRDO has to finish the ATGM project and then its has to be certified for operations on LCH. Unless this is done I do not think any meaningful orders will be placed. Also They have to train pilots and create necessary infra... all these things add up. We can only pray that it will be available in numbers when we actually may need it.
What an excuse. UN armed forces import everything under the Sun but can't import ATGM for LCH as stop gap.

ATGM is just an excuse by these pathetic Generals to put LCH on the path of death.

And what trial they take for years?? They are pinnacle of incompetence can't even evaluate a machine in short time.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
What an excuse. UN armed forces import everything under the Sun but can't import ATGM for LCH as stop gap.

ATGM is just an excuse by these pathetic Generals to put LCH on the path of death.

And what trial they take for years?? They are pinnacle of incompetence can't even evaluate a machine in short time.
yes, they hsould have ordered the lch and the integration work can be done later also :dude:.

where there is written that no integration can takeplace after induction of platform ??

the astra missile was integrated in mki now only, it was not present during the 2000

karn

Country flag

Atgm import was blocked by drdo themselves.. and it's not just atgms it's the self protection suite too.

Last edited:

Shuturmurg

Country flag
Has any search and development organization ever met a deadline on this planet??? Any example from your Supa-Dupa country??

What is easy task?? Developing something from scratch or evaluating a finished product??

Don't mix the task. Understand the difference.
Talk to any senior military personnel, they are apprehensive about PSU's delivering anything on time (by on time I mean promised time + 5 years). Its easy to blame generals and yes many of them may be agents of foreign defence lobby, but our PSU's are not dudh ka dhula. And they will be like that because there is no carrot and stick in those organizations. You cannot get high performing organizations without carrot and stick.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Talk to any senior military personnel, they are apprehensive about PSU's delivering anything on time (by on time I mean promised time + 5 years). Its easy to blame generals and yes many of them may be agents of foreign defence lobby, but our PSU's are not dudh ka dhula. And they will be like that because there is no carrot and stick in those organizations. You cannot get high performing organizations without carrot and stick.
Sorry, I can't help if you have habit of talking to wrong guys.
There is difference between R/D organization and PSUs.
We were talking about DRDO and it's deadlines. I asked you for an example from your country.

vishnugupt

Country flag
For the lch they did
Means DRDO blocked ATGM ???

Now for your ignorance, let me explain you that LCH is a HAL product and DRDO has nothing to do how and what HAL is Offering to its Costumer.

DRDO can't block HAL product. Both are different.

Are you getting me?? It's like HAL is blocking In flight refueling probe for Tejas from UK because HAL is also manufacture something similar to Jaguar.

Samajh rahe ho boss... They are two different entities and cannot interfere in between.

Shuturmurg

Country flag
Sorry, I can't help if you have habit of talking to wrong guys.
There is difference between R/D organization and PSUs.
We were talking about DRDO and it's deadlines. I asked you for an example from your country.
I asked you for an example from your country.
>> That's why I am talking about DRDO.