DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Some important updates from latest IAH (19.2.2022) by Saurav Jha:

1. No Arjun MK2 unveiling in this year's Defence Expo. Only ground display of Arjun mk1A latest iteration.

2. T-90 is 70 % indegenized (as per Parliamentary reports). However HVF Avadhi can produce a fully indegenous T-90 from scratch. Engine is fully indegenized.

3. NSTL lab of DRDO has designed a conventional SSK and shown it to the Navy. This design was cold-sholdered by Navy, who wanted to pursue P-75i programme.
Currently, this programme is on the verge of collapse, with multiple players pulling out. So the indegenous SSK design might be looked again.

4. SJ says TEDBF first flight is in 2029.

5. Contigency plans are in place for Tejas programme, in case US pulls up the CAATSA card and stop exporting GE engines.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag

Ab yeh kya cheez hai bhai.. :hail:
Brahmos corp. is even bigger bullshitter than HAL. Brahmos-2 will be come when Russia develop an export version of Zircon.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag

Ab yeh kya cheez hai bhai.. :hail:
Originally an idea of abdul kalam, to have a reusable missile to go, deliver payload, then come back and refuel and go again.

ladder

Country flag
Brahmos corp. is even bigger bullshitter than HAL. Brahmos-2 will be come when Russia develop an export version of Zircon.
And you want Brahmos Corp develop an inhouse hypersonic missile and by doing so gift 49.5 % IP rights to Russia?
If I have wherewithal to develop a hypersonic missile, why not do it under DRDL or any DRDO lab. Why Brahmos Corp.?
For Brahmos Corp. there is one direction of flow of technology and progressive indiginisation of the technology and components.

not so dravidian

Country flag
do we have something like asml ??

which can make machines for lithography ??
Lol

Nothing!!

The nearest competitor is Tokyo electron but recently Tokyo electron and ASML have done a merger.

The other competitors r Canon, Nikon, Lan system but these guys r atleast 2 decades behind in technology!!

SUPERPOWER

Country flag

Secret world of drdo failures..
We always blame Army for not procuring the indigenous weapons but why dont we think the other side....DRDO sceintists for Phoren maal sabotage their own projects which will indirectly help foreign vendors to sell the wepaons to Indian army...An perfect eg is well mentioned in the Article itself...

Now who is the Culprit...:crazy:

not so dravidian

Country flag
There r 3 steps or objectives to achieve:

1.We need industrial robots with high accuracy and speed. Even Chinese just before global lockdown bought 2nd hand Japanese machines.
After chene gandumasti Japan and US blocked all the manuals and ban on Chinese semiconductor companies, so basically the machines r rotting in the chene warehouse.

We import all the robots even for car production.

2. Etching techniques, laser and lenses. I guess we have some experience at least WRT defence application.
The lens design will be extremely complicated.

3. The most important. ECAD/computational lithography.

ECAD is electronics Computer aided designing is the software through which chips r designed.
Examples r Siemens, autodesk, ansys, synopsis.

Computational lithography was pioneered by an ASML subsidiary.

complete western dominance

not so dravidian

Country flag
There r 3 steps or objectives to achieve:

1.We need industrial robots with high accuracy and speed. Even Chinese just before global lockdown bought 2nd hand Japanese machines.
After chene gandumasti Japan and US blocked all the manuals and ban on Chinese semiconductor companies, so basically the machines r rotting in the chene warehouse.

We import all the robots even for car production.

2. Etching techniques and lenses. I guess we have some experience at least WRT defence application.
The lens design will be extremely complicated.

3. The most important. ECAD/computational lithography.

ECAD is electronics Computer aided designing is the software through which chips r designed.
Examples r Siemens, autodesk, ansys, synopsis.

Computational lithography was pioneered by an ASML subsidiary.

complete western dominance
This is what I know. Up to my knowledge.
Enlightened members can add/corect it

Aniruddha Mulay

Secret world of drdo failures..
This 2012 article just goes onto show DRDO has come a long way

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
We always blame Army for not procuring the indigenous weapons but why dont we think the other side....DRDO sceintists for Phoren maal sabotage their own projects which will indirectly help foreign vendors to sell the wepaons to Indian army...An perfect eg is well mentioned in the Article itself...

Now who is the Culprit...:crazy:
Wo sab culprit culprit baad mai but article from 2012, really..... Does this really hold true for now as well, a decade later. I don't think so atleast.