DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

ladder

Country flag
tender/competition ? when ? with what ?
m777 - no tender/competition, direct buy to make usa happy and for lifting sanctions. Goi also brought p8i, c130j etc.
I don't think there was any MaRG or 'Marg Darshan' when the m777 was selected to be procured.
I won't term it as a bad decision.
I won't oppose a repeat order of 145 more m777. ( Should have been placed by now)
That being said IA should look into its artillery procurement and rationalisation ( to medium caliber) and any further order should go to MaRG.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
I don't think there was any MaRG or 'Marg Darshan' when the m777 was selected to be procured.
I won't oppose a repeat order of 145 more m777. ( Should have been placed by now)
That being said IA should look into its artillery procurement and rationalisation ( to medium caliber) and any further order should go to MaRG.
Imo now since we have indigenous product they should order it, otherwise if we complain abt has 3-4 km less range and not buy Marg then never ever our domestic industry will be able to catchup as you have not purchased from them.

johnj

By buying m777, congress removed a curse from IA, a curse brought by congress in first place.
Also able achieve 3 goals with one deal and every ones happy.
No further order due to rise in price and now more options are available. I don't know current production status.

ShouvikGhosh

Country flag
Has it been tested on the frozen lakes of ladakh? Has it been offered for testing? Has Natashas been unleashed? Lots of boxes yet to be ticked brother.
FLI0JJnaIAAlVOe.jpeg

M777 is perfect right ?
We can always blame ammunition. But even after barrel blast M777 deliveries were taken but just 1 barrel blast of ATAGS & it goes back to drawing board. Even if both were because of ammo.

Isn't this import lobby ?

THESIS THORON

Country flag
View attachment 137508
M777 is perfect right ?
We can always blame ammunition. But even after barrel blast M777 deliveries were taken but just 1 barrel blast of ATAGS & it goes back to drawing board. Even if both were because of ammo.

Isn't this import lobby ?
we should have ordered these around 200 more

Maniac@666

Country flag
tender/competition ? when ? with what ?
m777 - no tender/competition, direct buy to make usa happy and for lifting sanctions. Goi also brought p8i, c130j etc.
No,there was a tender/competition involving about $700 million for the ultra-light 155/39 howitzer competition, covering about 145 pieces. These would be portable, towed guns.BAE-M777 & Singapore's ST Kinetics Pegasus ULH were the contenders.Singapore’s Pegasus was picked in 2009, but ST Kinetics’ 10-year blacklisting has derailed them, pending a legal fight.this led to delays & cost ballooned.source-defenseindustrydaily.com

NeXoft007

Country flag
Wait for UP Defence Corridor to be completed. We will be producing a hell lot of new weapons and it's parts. BJP is on it's way to form the largest unhindered state governance at UP. Members of opposition parties will start having soft corner for BJP... Like the BSP supremo herself. Sanatanis from all castes community will eventually start boycotting vulture politicians too.

Vamsi

Country flag