DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

not so dravidian

Country flag
Attended a webinar based on gas turbine engine development in India,based on that I'm listing few presentations

•We have developed& both scb(single crystal blade) and titanium compressor disk.

Gas turbine ecosystem
View attachment 134547

Comparing the kaveri engine with it's demonstrator
View attachment 134546

View attachment 134548

In house design methods developed and validated
There are some key gaps which need to be fulfilled and where investments have been made.
View attachment 134551

Material configuration of kaveri engine
View attachment 134552

View attachment 134555
Since 80s we have come very far when it comes to aero engine components,we now have designed,developed and manufactured aero engine components which are required for 4th gen aero engine but to raise standards to even upto 5th gen some key gaps need to be addressed which they're working on.

•Test bed
View attachment 134557
Sad to say but we still do not have the high altitude testbed for testing engines we need 2 years to just sign contract and paper stuff for altitude tests to a foreign country which increases the development time.

•Kaveri problems
View attachment 134559

These were the problems kaveri engine faced during its development time,but good news is all of these problems have been successfully solved which boosts our confidence.

Throttle handling of kaveri at any position has been successfully demonstrated in dry kaveri it's a good success.
They're targeting more by eventually going a generation ahead with materials and other stuff,eventually increase thrust by weight which depends on higher TET like 1900K or so.
Good news is
28 acres of land is sanctioned for setting up tesbed of higher class engine like that of AMCA and even 120kn,once contract is signed it will take 3-4 years to be commissioned and be operational.
Regarding altitude test facility it needs about 60-70 acres of land with huge power like 90Mega watt gtre tried to to acquire land in telangana but plans did not go well.

View attachment 134558
:clap2:
I have a doubt.
1. k9(right now) doesn't support BLISK.
2. Does this support SCB?

I remember @porky_kicker posting a CFD, of a supposed new redesigned K9, which wud support BLISK and SCB. PKS too says the same, but albeit with ceramic blades and ng ceramic coating.

@BrigadierRPS @SavageKing456 have any idea about this??

BTW, take care of yourself

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Amca engine
View attachment 134588View attachment 134589View attachment 134590

Now initially I think they will go for component level for amca engine then partner up with foreign countries for mission based.

I am not well and the webinar has happened for two days on 28,29(today)
28 one was 8 hour long and 29 is ongoing(god knows how much)
So it's impossible to collect and put the information here so I'm giving links there's actually damn good info out there

Videos are now private though I watched them but couldn't take the screenshot.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
:hmm: i think within a decade we will be seeing anti-personnel drones .

imagine RR releasing a couple of these small autonomous drones against a terrorist hiding inside a building

they fly in around , seek out a target and explode.

why a decade, it's possible within a year of IA making up their mind and prepare a GSQR.
as someone pointed out last time i made this suggestion (small drone with a fist sized munition), IA will also have to think about counter measures if they intend to go in this direction.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
why a decade, it's possible within a year of IA making up their mind and prepare a GSQR.
as someone pointed out last time i made this suggestion (small drone with a fist sized munition), IA will also have to think about counter measures if they intend to go in this direction.
Ya'll Nibbiars mari ala antav?.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles