DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

ladder

Country flag
1)Contract-So not a scientist, like I said. Contractual employees do screwdrivergiri only, since this is CFD, job will probably be running sims etc. Lab technician.
2)Prior exposure probably means internship of some sort, OR that contract will be longer than a few months so they want someone flexible.
which leads to 3)Salary will be low.

Like honestly, lift operators in govt service get 9-10k a month, why would an engineer get 20k? Either ad is wrong or its a la technician.
Find me a diploma engineer with CFD hypersonic exposure and prior internship in aerospace domain. To work as a lab technician.

You probably have zero knowledge about CFD or hypersonic simulation.

You start with compressible flow, which is just a chapter in first course UG fluid mechanics and this compressible flow/ gas dynamics is present as optional in 6/7th semester UG as an optional and not present in Diploma courses.

So essentially you want to hire an atleast an B.Tech as a lab technician? And that too not an fresher ( prior domain knowledge required). Which itself is criminal.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Find me a diploma engineer with CFD hypersonic exposure and prior internship in aerospace domain. To work as a lab technician.

You probably have zero knowledge about CFD or hypersonic simulation.

You start with compressible flow, which is just a chapter in first course UG fluid mechanics and this compressible flow/ gas dynamics is present as optional in 6/7th semester UG as an optional and not present in Diploma courses.

So essentially you want to hire an atleast an B.Tech as a lab technician? And that too not an fresher ( prior domain knowledge required). Which itself is criminal.
......That is exactly what happens, BTech grads arent considered for scientist post.

Even Scientist b/c need MSc/Mtech atleast, PhD preferred.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
......That is exactly what happens, BTech grads arent considered for scientist post.

Spot ON!!
ISRO/DRDO usually take Mtech students for their SC post that too entry level.
If you have BTEH and have done good internship, your chance increases but difficult for btech with no experience to get selected

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
You can become a scientist in DRDO and ISRO with B.Tech as your highest qualification.
Which post? AFAIK PhD getting in at scientist C is a rare occurrence, getting even entry level with BTech would be very lucky. For ref, Scientist B salary is in range of 75k, you need either MTech or BTech with very solid internships and an in depth understanding.

ladder

Country flag
Which post? AFAIK PhD getting in at scientist C is a rare occurrence, getting even entry level with BTech would be very lucky. For ref, Scientist B salary is in range of 75k, you need either MTech or BTech with very solid internships and an in depth understanding.
What you think, which post am I referring to?
We aren't talking about being lucky or unlucky here.
What is the advertised qualifications for entry level scientist post in DRDO and ISRO? A fucking B.TECH.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
What you think, which post am I referring to?
We aren't talking about being lucky or unlucky here.
What is the advertised qualifications for entry level scientist post in DRDO and ISRO? A fucking B.TECH.
Yeah I disagree, in practical terms. NVM.
Discussion can go on and on, but no use. Lets keep it to news here and not whether govt pay is good enough.

ladder

Country flag
Yeah I disagree, in practical terms. NVM.
You need to know why did the orginal poster showcased his outrage in LinkedIn and Twitter in the first place?
Why posters here were agreeing to his/ her post when it was shared in DFI?

We also live in the same country and have seen Ph.Ds applying for sweeper or peon posts. It is something not alien to us.
Neither are B.Techs applying for group D railway posts.

Still why do you think we wrote what we wrote?
It will be a case of high promise and underdelivery by any candidate who agrees for this post at this price.
Which ultimately will lead to delay in the project.

Anyways not my problem. May the team hire the best available talent and their project doesn't suffer.

My last on this.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Guys with BTECH degree you can apply BARC. They are bunch of good people as they don't look for internship but you should have basic idea about TDD, dev and latest technologies.
Paygrade is same as that of DRDO/ISRO

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
View attachment 134043

Live onboard video telecast of Republic day parade shows the high speed , real time data sending and handling capabilities of IAF. Certainly a good thing, passing the firing solution from one platform to other is much less amount of data , so we can assume that IAF is turning into a real netcentric force , where any platform can use its weapons even without using its sensors just need a connection with Ground control or other flying assets. Don't know if there any other technicalities involved for live video streaming
Some of the footage was pre-recorded during rehearsals, one could see there were no spectators in the stands below at Rajpath.

Covfefe

Country flag
DRDO's recruitment interviews have changed recently? Because they were the same- super theoretical heavy written exam with super theoretical interviews- same as ISRO. Pick your 3 favorite subjects and they'll grill you for 1½ hours. All said- they ended up with people who were really good with theoretical concepts but could not make a decent hypermesh model for a universal coupling. A lot of "Made Easy" output has cleared DRDO

vidhwanshak

Country flag
DRDO's recruitment interviews have changed recently? Because they were the same- super theoretical heavy written exam with super theoretical interviews- same as ISRO. Pick your 3 favorite subjects and they'll grill you for 1½ hours. All said- they ended up with people who were really good with theoretical concepts but could not make a decent hypermesh model for a universal couple. A lot of "Made Easy" output has cleared DRDO
No, they haven't.

Same for ISRO/IOCL/BHEL.... list goes on for every PSU.

lekin they train you. ISRO for 6 months and BARC for a year and u get a degree in nuclear science as well.

johnj

The actual scientists, who are the brains behind the project, get upwards of 2 lakhs. These ppl getting 20k are lab technicians, whose job is punching numbers, soldering wires, and similar screwdrivergiri.

Source:-Family mermbers in DRDO as well as in other govt research orgs.
Engineering salary in private sector from 2k to 200k and in gov 50plus k to 300k. In goi, screwdrivergiri and scientists, gets salaries 100k and 200k, just 2x difference. last thing - how much a mp yearns ? Goi salary depends on job post and experience and not based on work they're doing. Software Engg earns upto 600k plus.

johnj

Central jobs have these kind of benefits. State government employees didn't receive their pay for 2-3 months during lockdown.
Don't worry, they get full compansion and situation is not as bad as BSNL since, it is lockdown.[basic needs only, no school/collage/transport etc].

johnj

1)Contract-So not a scientist, like I said. Contractual employees do screwdrivergiri only, since this is CFD, job will probably be running sims etc. Lab technician.
2)Prior exposure probably means internship of some sort, OR that contract will be longer than a few months so they want someone flexible.
which leads to 3)Salary will be low.

Like honestly, lift operators in govt service get 9-10k a month, why would an engineer get 20k? Either ad is wrong or its a la technician.
1. what is the difference between scientist and engineer ? why any one need a degree holder for screwdrivergiri ? ince this is CFD, job will probably be running sims etc. Lab technician. - agree.
2. i think, they want best and after some times[ corona safe] they gets job post according to their resp capability. In high tech sector, loyalty comes first, to avoid spying.
3. yes, a little. But worth it becz future they gets salary of 100/150 k plus plus month.
Since it is not easy to get contract workers/org ISRO etc hiring humans, who done contract workers before due to lock down.

johnj

Scientists tend to explore the natural world and discover new things about the universe and how it works whereas engineers apply that knowledge learnt in order to solve practical problems, often focusing on cost, efficiency and other limits. ... Scientists observe the world, while engineers focus on creating.
MTECH/ME = ENGG
MS/MSc/MD = Scientist.
DRDO and ISRO use both category and salary package very similar.
Albert Einstein = Scientist having Engg degree
Thomas Alva Edison = Engg.
Both of them uses physics and maths
Also MCom, LLM also offer similar salary packages. Both Scientist and Engineers know screwdrivergiri.
So my question why pay similar to Scientist/Engineers doing screwdrivergiri and innovation/new scientific theory ? GOI need to provide booster package for new innovation/new scientific discovery.

If I wrote any mistake, plze correct me. New info always welcome.

Last edited:

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Scientists tend to explore the natural world and discover new things about the universe and how it works whereas engineers apply that knowledge learnt in order to solve practical problems, often focusing on cost, efficiency and other limits. ... Scientists observe the world, while engineers focus on creating.
MTECH/ME = ENGG
MS/MSc/MD = Scientist.
DRDO and ISRO use both category and salary package very similar.
Albert Einstein = Scientist having Engg degree
Thomas Alva Edison = Engg.
Both of them uses physics and maths
Also MCom, LLM also offer similar salary packages. Both Scientist and Engineers know screwdrivergiri.
So my question why pay similar to Scientist/Engineers doing screwdrivergiri and innovation/new scientific theory ? GOI need to provide booster package for new innovation/new scientific discovery.

If I wrote any mistake, plze correct me. New info always welcome.
Nah, even people with engineering degrees do Scientist jobs, thats not the problem. For example, someone making a missile is technically an engineer, but govt post will be scientist G.

New scientific discovery done in labs for new scientific discovery- EG CSIR will often come up with new stuff with good applications.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles