DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Hopefully we will be going for universal VLS which should be able to accommodate both anti air and anti ship + land attack in various combinations.

Barak 8 has same diameter as current nirbhay so it will probably stay. Since new missiles are also supposed to similar in width or slimmer.
Length are too much different , barak 8 is 4.5 m , and nirbhay is 6 m+ , vls has to be changed for both operating from same vls

IndianHawk

Country flag
Length are too much different , barak 8 is 4.5 m , and nirbhay is 6 m+ , vls has to be changed for both operating from same vls
Length is not a issue if ships deck has enough depth. You can always fill extra depth with something for smaller missiles. And you have to keep room for growth of missile as new versions come along.

It is the width which is critical for Uvls . You've got to get all your missile at almost similar width so that you can maximize deck space utilisation. UVLS are crucial if we want our destroyers to sport 100+ missiles.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
FOBS (WHICH CHINA HAS RECENTLY BUILT)

this thing has surely spooked the pentagon.

I wonder that, the missile we saw in an interview of drdo, which was rumored to be multiple kill vehicle can be used as fobs also

the missile I was referring to was project veda.

imo that can be used as fobs ??

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
Who holds IP for this?? If it's indian IP then I don't care if drdo copied it from Israelies or developed on their own.
You can clearly see the IAI and L&T logo in the 3rd and 4th pic. That means it's an IAI product which will most probably license manufactured by L&T here. If this is the radar DRDO calling their own than there's no possibility of DRDO/L&T holding IP for it here