DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

THESIS THORON

Country flag
What about the Fast breeder reactors and Fusion reactors ?
Where does we stand when compared with others ?
I was reading abt this, american department of defense (or whatever) have selected a company for making a portable pebble bed reactor (for army)

this is the company

Whitecollar

Country flag
Is it that some discreet G2G has already been done? and tech transfer (know-how)/collaborative effort is underway.
Then why not go for TTL trials? DRDO still sending their Dry Kaveri variant for testing on FTBs whereas they parallely claim to have achieved 83kN stable thrust already....

I mean if at all we achieve higher TTL for Kaveri even compared to RD-33MK, we're ready for exporting it to other 3rd world countries...

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Then why not go for TTL trials? DRDO still sending their Dry Kaveri variant for testing on FTBs whereas they parallely claim to have achieved 83kN stable thrust already....

I mean if at all we achieve higher TTL for Kaveri even compared to RD-33MK, we're ready for exporting it to other 3rd world countries...
A "ground up, new, first engine" would be tested in stages. Simply put-First dry tested, then certified, baby steps into operations, flown real-time, adjustments made, couple of years.... in the mean time plonk an afterburner, send for flight test....
In equivalent terms Tejas Mk1= Kaveri n Tejas Mk2 = Kaveri with afterburner.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Why can't there be an another programme like Integrated missile development programme for developing indigenous engines for jets, ships, tanks and many more?
For tanks they are in advanced stage .

For jets and ships it will be same path , development of jet engine will pave way for marine engine

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Why can't there be an another programme like Integrated missile development programme, for developing indigenous engines for jets, ships, tanks and many more?
I would pitch for an R&D Ministry/Fund with a separate budget as a percentage of GDP. Projects and Universities/Institutions which can contribute to strategic and futuristic technologies should be catered for separately and specifically.....immediately. The team at the helm of this effort should be meticulously chosen. Because, as the old saying goes.....To make something really big work, you need a Dreamer, a Doer and a Son of a Bitch.