DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Manportable of longer range is heavier I guess. Even this is tripod launched missile, not shoulder launch. I am guessing that the Wikipedia weight and range of missiles may be misleading.

Also, I don't think that a tank can spot a man hiding a kilometre + away as a man is much smaller object to spot. I am not sure of this though
Spike MR is virtually the same weight as our new MMP 5th gen ATGM, but it is 4km+.

airtel

Country flag
Manportable of longer range is heavier I guess. Even this is tripod launched missile, not shoulder launch. I am guessing that the Wikipedia weight and range of missiles may be misleading.

Also, I don't think that a tank can spot a man hiding a kilometre + away as a man is much smaller object to spot. I am not sure of this though

2.5 Km range is correct ..................this range is normal for a portable lightweight ATGM .

airtel

Country flag

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

sthf

Country flag

airtel

Country flag
France will definitely sell it. MMP is slated as the replacement for all of our MILAN customers.
France will sell the Missile but not the technology .

Even for the Modified Kaveri Engines , France is ready to provide Older generation M88-2 Core are instead of latest M88-4E .

Vijyes

they also have 5th generation Spike ATGM >> http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Israeli-defense-company-unveils-5th-generation-Spike-missile-494245

weight 12.5 kg but 5.5 km range .

but I dont think israel or France will share their latest technology with India .
we are getting 4th generation technology from Israel .
There is no difference between 4th and 3rd generation of ATGM - they are just different naming conventions. Both are fire and forget. 5th generation technology is in Helina version of NAG. It is about changing the target after launch. But I don't see it as meaningful for manportable or tripod version. It will be too difficult to control and target on the battlefield. The field of vision is not too great either. It is better to not buy such things

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
you will sell the Missile but not the technology .

Even for the Modified Kaveri Engines , France is ready to provide Older generation M88-2 Core are instead of latest M88-4E .
Non, we give full ToT on this missile. Such is the requirement of the Australian competition we are competing against Spike.

NeXoft007

Country flag
Behold!
DRDO EHWT (Electrical Heavy Weight Torpedo). Its a fiber-optic wire guided 533mm x 6.4m submarine-launched torpedo alongwith Ring Laser Gyro INS guidance as well as GPS based guidance. It has an output of 300kW (possibly Silver Zinc Oxide battery). Weight & Range is unknown at the moment. But its definitely more advanced & different than Varunastra torpedo.
Development is completed, you will soon see a transparent model of it in some Defence Expos. It will go for user acceptance trials soon.
View attachment 19820
One thing I noticed that Varunastra have 250kW battery while EHWT have 300kW battery. EHWT is also 1m shorter than Varunastra. The higher output battery and lighter weight than Varunastra would surely enable EHWT to cruise at 45-50 knots.

Vijyes

@abingdonboy Honestly man, I was hoping economies of scale would have had kicked in by now. $23 million a piece is not too shabby but it is same as Mi-17V5. Plus, Dhruv used to cost roughly half as much just a few years ago.

Recent orders of LSP LCH is costing around $30 million each. Maybe, Rudra is in the similar range, hence the bloated figure.

It's either that or GOI is doing some stuff they don't want to disclose.

It is not just the cost of the helicopter. More is included - maybe the cost of new manufacturing unit and assembly lines and even cost of long term maintenance guarantee.

Paying money within the economy only serves to boost economy and not harm it. It is foreign exchange which is the problem.

Articles