DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Karthi

Country flag
Indian Navy Fast intercept Craft.

IMG_20211231_090138.jpg
IMG_20211231_090133.jpg

@Haldilal billi bro it will be very helpful for me to reach more people if you tag me in these tweets , certainly not for publicity but I will get more followers and can make them enthusiasts , want to make more people attract towards Science and R&D . Only if you wish to tag me.

Karthi

Country flag

@Karthi then what abt jv ??

The effort is going on all the fronts , there is indegenious effort plus JV. We will pass the tech acquired from the JV to the indegenious one . That was the earlier plan . Now i am not sure, if the JV fails then we don't have any other options , so now I believe we are going on our own if a JV is possible then merges the current efforts with JV. Only DRDO knows what exactly the plan.

Karthi

Country flag

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
View attachment 128634

This is a normal slot antenna.

View attachment 128635
This is a Vivaldi or Taperred slot antenna.

If you know the difference in between these two, you could draw out the adavantage of a Vivaldi antenna over a normal slot antenna.
How much disadvantage do you think LCA Mk1A will face with dipole-antenna on Uttam Mk1 versus JF-17 Block 3 if it gets KLJ-7A AESA radar which sports Vivaldi antenna?

(Let's keep this theoretical, not drag Chinese maal garbage, or JF-17 not getting AESA debate here)

vishnugupt

Country flag
View attachment 128634

This is a normal slot antenna.

View attachment 128635
This is a Vivaldi or Taperred slot antenna.

If you know the difference in between these two, you could draw out the adavantage of a Vivaldi antenna over a normal slot antenna.
:rofl: :rofl:I bet, this analogy will make him even more confused. Comparing Bhopu with JBL speakers and saying Bhopu is the latest technology with better sound quality.
Hahaha

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
How much disadvantage do you think LCA Mk1A will face with dipole-antenna on Uttam Mk1 versus JF-17 Block 3 if it gets KLJ-7A AESA radar which sports Vivaldi antenna?

(Let's keep this theoretical, not drag Chinese maal garbage, or JF-17 not getting AESA debate here)
Will it be dipole antenna ? ,

Chinmoy

Country flag

Range................... If we keep every other variable constant for both antenna, a Vivaldi antenna would have a greater range with same specifications then a dipole one.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Range................... If we keep every other variable constant for both antenna, a Vivaldi antenna would have a greater range with same specifications then a dipole one.
More range translates to more power output (and vice versa) right ? So we are looking at a potential detection range disadvantage (considering RD-93 is slightly more powerful than GE-404, so more power to radars) ?

Or is it not that simple ?

IndianHawk

Country flag
More range translates to more power output (and vice versa) right ? So we are looking at a potential detection range disadvantage (considering RD-93 is slightly more powerful than GE-404, so more power to radars) ?

Is rd 93 ma even ready? Is is actually going into blk 3??

Even then power difference between it and f404 is negligible and f404 is far more fuel efficient and reliable.

Regular aesa jf17 aesa is air cooled meaning it takes more time to cool it to function efficiently so this negates whatever gains are made by Vivaldi antenna.

Next even if they increase their detection range jf17 has pretty poor kinematics to be able to take full advantage of long range bvr missiles . Mk1a is again far ahead and can exploit bvr ranges much better than jf17.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Is rd 93 ma even ready? Is is actually going into blk 3??

Even then power difference between it and f404 is negligible and f404 is far more fuel efficient and reliable.

Regular aesa jf17 aesa is air cooled meaning it takes more time to cool it to function efficiently so this negates whatever gains are made by Vivaldi antenna.

Next even if they increase their detection range jf17 has pretty poor kinematics to be able to take full advantage of long range bvr missiles . Mk1a is again far ahead and can exploit bvr ranges much better than jf17.
Base RD-93 (currently being used in Mig-29s and JF-17s) is a bit more powerful than FE-404.

Other factors, let's see. Anyway, in warfare, such small differences do not translate to operational advantage, but rather tactics and how you use them.

Why would they install mk1 ,when mk2 is under fabrication
Mk1 is ready(ish). Mk2 is still under fabrication, it will be tested, issues sorted out, then FOC will take anything from 2-5 years from now.

Chinmoy

Country flag

How you came to conclusion of RD-93 being more powerfull then F-404? You might be talking about thrust here. What is electrical output of these engines is still unknown to me. Never got hand on any document citing those.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
How you came to conclusion of RD-93 being more powerfull then F-404? You might be talking about thrust here. What is electrical output of these engines is still unknown to me. Never got hand on any document citing those.
Yes, I directly co-related to engine thrust to power output, considering a more thrust-ier engine will have more spare power for generators to turn, same how a low-CC car drags its wheels if you turn on the AC.