DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Why would you require wings and fins when you have to operate outside atmosphre? It may be for a SAM or AAM. Or may be an endospheric interceptor.

Relax for now. We would know eventually.
For two stage missile with kkv as payload , and possibly same Missile body of ad2

ash2win

Part procurement for LSP of LCH was started even before LOI was signed for it with internal funding of HAL. So precedence was already set.

Whether HAL WOULD go forward with IMRH prototype building without any approval from MoD is one thing, but if you ask whether HAL COULD go forwaard with it without approval? Answer is Yes.
Hope you understand the difference between LSP order of an IOC cleared product and a fresh project without any kind of approval.

I stand corrected, HAL will not go ahead with such a big project prototype development without MoD approval.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Hope you understand the difference between LSP order of an IOC cleared product and a fresh project without any kind of approval.

I stand corrected, HAL will not go ahead with such a big project prototype development without MoD approval.
Hope you understand how PSU works under financial obligation.

I stand corrected when I said that whether HAL WOULD go ahaead or not is one factor, but whether HAL COULD go ahead or not. When COULD is concerned, they could definitely go ahead with their internal funding.

porky_kicker

Country flag
There was a tender by RCI to supply hypersonic wind tunnel model of "KV"
and there was another tender to supply KV wings which is made of titanium.
I don't think it is KV literally as in "kinetic vehicle"

Exoatmospheric interceptors utilises KV to hit targets in space where aerodynamic control is useless , using wings on KV don't make sense to me

Let's see , time will tell

Me thinks KV is a cover name for HGV ( hypersonic glide vehicle )