DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
If enemy uses costly SAM to intercept guided rockets, then we can fire fake rockets without warhead in it to exhaust their SAM's before hitting them with real rockets and missiles with deadly warheads right?
Seems to be a good strategy, but such Strategy will be used by our neighbors as well.
-
But what you have written makes a lot of sense as well. It's a good strategy in my opinion.
-
We must fire cheap fake rockets with fake warhead or payload and the enemy will fire real Missiles to intercept it and it will be a costly thing for the enemy.

Anyways as I said again, the listed strategy of yours will be used by Pakistan and China as well, for that we must develop a counter at the same time.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Seems to be a good strategy, but such Strategy will be used by our neighbors as well.
-
But what you have written makes a lot of sense as well. It's a good strategy in my opinion.
-
We must fire cheap fake rockets with fake warhead or payload and the enemy will fire real Missiles to intercept it and it will be a costly thing for the enemy.

Anyways as I said again, the listed strategy of yours will be used by Pakistan and China as well, for that we must develop a counter at the same time.
Nah. Warheads cost much less than missile, easier to use swarm uavs as sacrificial bait.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Nah. Warheads cost much less than missile, easier to use swarm uavs as sacrificial bait.
I do believe that. Swarm Drones can overhelm most air defence systems by making these Missile batteries exhaust their Missiles.

In my opinion we should use cheap Drones Which can mimic the RCS of a small Fighter Aircraft and Fool the Air defence System into making it think that's a fighter aircraft and make it fire it's missiles.

Do this repeatedly and make the Enemy Air defense exhaust it's Missiles as much as you can and than after that attack the Air defence System with Missiles(Preferably Anti Radiation Missiles like Rudram) and Neutralise it.

This is atleast the Scenario which I have listed.
(Feel free to share your Thoughts on this)

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
I do believe that. Swarm Drones can overhelm most air defence systems by making these Missile batteries exhaust their Missiles.

In my opinion we should use cheap Drones Which can mimic the RCS of a small Fighter Aircraft and Fool the Air defence System into making it think that's a fighter aircraft and make it fire it's missiles.

Do this repeatedly and make the Enemy Air defense exhaust it's Missiles as much as you can and than after that attack the Air defence System with Missiles(Preferably Anti Radiation Missiles like Rudram) and Neutralise it.

This is atleast the Scenario which I have listed.
(Feel free to share your Thoughts on this)
Actually, don't we have abhyas uav that does exactly that? It mimics rcs of various systems.... if we can tune it into a dummy for Sam saturation, would be a game changer.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Actually, don't we have abhyas uav that does exactly that? It mimics rcs of various systems.... if we can tune it into a dummy for Sam saturation, would be a game changer.
Yeah Exactly! I also thought so like that, or maybe if we are going to use regular drones than They should be flying so close together that they appear to be one large RCS target. Anyways Abhyas is a good choice because it's a high-speed expendable aerial target.
With some Necessary modifications(If any required) it could do the Job well I suppose

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
This video has some details- he is reporting an ex VCAS is it's CMD. That should mean good things.

In talks with European company to provide highly specific impulse propellant. Warhead made in-house. Fighter launched variant also in the pipeline.
The video has no extra information. They just copied everything from that TOI article 🤦🏽‍♂️. Anyway i just hope they find success in this country.

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
Can anyone here have any information regarding our LGBs, Glide bombs and other PGMs? Are they already inducted or it was just a fun project? I don't know why but PGMs are least talked about systems here even though they are one of the most important systems in any war. Never seen Tejas carrying Gaurav, Gautam or HSLD

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Can anyone here have any information regarding our LGBs, Glide bombs and other PGMs? Are they already inducted or it was just a fun project? I don't know why but PGMs are least talked about systems here even though they are one of the most important systems in any war. Never seen Tejas carrying Gaurav, Gautam or HSLD
All PGMs you have heard of except mlpgm and sudarshan lgb are going to be inducted in IAF. I think there was news of SAAW being ordered. Other Gps bombs lrgb were planned to be inducted in 2022-23. There has been no new news about PGHSLD.
But why gaurav and PGHSLD, when both are almost similar bombs? I mean PGHSLD can do same work as Gaurav right.