DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

BrigadierRPS

Country flag
AMCA's RAM will be frequency transparent in some cases when a voltage is applied across. So that the datalink antennas, RWR antennas (blended around the body in specific places, under the skin) can function properly. It gives best performance at 11.8 GHz as far as I know, at around -28 Db reduction. Also, there are some more technical details but I should not talk about it because that's what I am not an expert of. Also regarding the UCAV, multiple configurations are being studied by HAL, ADA and a start-up (probably you can guess the name 🙂). It will be equipped with ACID that will enable it to operate with full autonomy. There are three configurations, one with delta canard, one traditional design and one radical new design. But the new design has some unwanted moments which needs to be investigated extensively further one.
Can u shed some more light on amca Development especially its RAM Coating and that Super sonic dog fight UCAV.

UnderFingy

Country flag
AMCA's RAM will be frequency transparent in some cases when a voltage is applied across. So that the datalink antennas, RWR antennas (blended around the body in specific places, under the skin) can function properly. It gives best performance at 11.8 GHz as far as I know, at around -28 Db reduction. Also, there are some more technical details but I should not talk about it because that's what I am not an expert of. Also regarding the UCAV, multiple configurations are being studied by HAL, ADA and a start-up (probably you can guess the name 🙂). It will be equipped with ACID that will enable it to operate with full autonomy. There are three configurations, one with delta canard, one traditional design and one radical new design. But the new design has some unwanted moments which needs to be investigated extensively further one.
Are you guys talking about the Ghatak UAV or a different program?

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I remember one project of Vertical tail less aircraft as well. And are you really working on erkanoplan?

Ajax01

Country flag
Is the RAM 1 to 60 Ghz absorption? Or very narrowband

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Will it be wide band and How we are going to supply electricity afaik such RAS are adaptive in nature if true then it will remove the weakness of FSS.

Last edited:

FalconZero

Country flag
:hmm: looks like simple object tracking , you can already find free libraries that do this online.
Projects like those aren't even accepted for 3rd year paper in cs degree. Though research papers are really not the replacement of a real working viable product. We mostly ignore the use case just to get those Os in the marksheet kek.

So let's see what they do. Object tracking is depending on the type of use case can be tricky, ask tesla they can explain a two or few more things about it. They had to create a whole dept which was outsourcing the tagging part but then again their work scope is way bigger.

Still if this thing can track any drone with significant accuracy for a counter-drone system to take a call then that would be good.

BrigadierRPS

Country flag
Yes...But I think they have found something even better for proper stealth application. The thing I was talking about is probably going to be used in places where antennas are placed. AMCA will be extensively networked and for that there will be many sensors. You can always Incorporate a copper wire mesh in the skin structure extruding outside. There will be separate panels for those antennas (like the radome) where the RAM will be applied. We have developed FSS radome but they are going to ditch it for the hybrid material. AMCA ram is wideband, covers entire X band and Ku as well.
Will it be wide band and How we are going to supply electricity afaik such RAS are adaptive in nature if ture then it will remove the weakness of FSS.

BrigadierRPS

Country flag
Well, the one I was talking about is not truly tailless. Erkanoplan doesn't hold any advantage for us to be frank. Although there are some research projects on ground effects for different configurations have been conducted earlier.
I remember one project of Vertical tail less aircraft as well. And are you really working on erkanoplan?

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes...But I think they have found something even better for proper stealth application. The thing I was talking about is probably going to be used in places where antennas are placed. AMCA will be extensively networked and for that there will be many sensors. You can always Incorporate a copper wire mesh in the skin structure extruding outside. There will be separate panels for those antennas (like the radome) where the RAM will be applied. We have developed FSS radome but they are going to ditch it for the hybrid material. AMCA ram is wideband, covers entire X band and Ku as well.
Then it Must be using graphene and meta material as well most probably since Graphene has the capability of dynamically tuning its conductivity through gate voltage

BrigadierRPS

Country flag
Even one boy from IIT Mandi EE department did some research in his internship in US (SN Bose fellow) on communication through dense plasmas. The basic funda is to apply a high voltage so that the effective resistance is zero. I thing this can be applied in hypersonic vehicles to overcome communication blackout.

BrigadierRPS

Country flag
That is basically SWIFT. Although tailless fighter is in mind of some people, but control technology has to be mature enough. There are many scaled models in the IIT Kanpur AE department. Most of them are flying wing, resembling SWIFT (intake design is different on some)
I AM talking about this.
View attachment 121601

Chinmoy

Country flag
@Chinmoy @fire starter reasons why army is hesitant from procurement of lch I may be wrong but I think trials are complete along with helina and dhruvastra being ready for production.
They are not hesitsnt. But as I said before, LCH programme has been highjacked by IAF from start. IA want it to perform a role of CAS in high mountain. But if you would look into its weapon package, impetus has always been put towards integrating A2A missile on ot instead of ATGM. Even now HELINA is yet to be tested from it. SPIKE might see integration, but that too is yet to be done. Its MISTRAL integration which is hogging all the limelight.
As of now IA would get it only with four rocket pods. With the 5 LSPs which they would receive, they would have to formulate the warplan around it. With just a bunch of rocket pods, it would not be used in an anti tank role for sure. So we would only see a limited order from. Moreoevr IA is facing pilot crunch for their existing fleet itself. So before placing a large order, they would have to manage their batch of Aviation corp pilots too.

But never the less, orders would be placed for sure even in current water down version too. But for mas order placement from IA side, we would have to wait a bit more.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
That is basically SWIFT. Although tailless fighter is in mind of some people, but control technology has to be matured enough. There are many scaled models in the IIT Kanpur AE department. Most of them are flying wing, resembling SWIFT (intake design is different on some)
Have you guys played any role in FCS Development of AMCA.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles