DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

sorcerer

Country flag
DRDO & IAF jointly flight test Long-Range Bomb successfully

Posted On: 29 OCT 2021 5:34PM by PIB Delhi

Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Air Force (IAF) team jointly flight tested indigenously developed Long-Range Bomb (LRB) successfully from an aerial platform on October 29, 2021. The LR Bomb, after release from the IAF fighter aircraft, guided to a land-based target at a long range with accuracy within specified limits. All the mission objectives were successfully met. The flight of the bomb and the performance was monitored by a number of range sensors including Electro Optical Tracking System (EOTS), Telemetry and radar deployed by the Integrated Test Range, Chandipur in Odisha.

The LR Bomb has been designed and developed by Research Centre Imarat (RCI), a DRDO laboratory located at Hyderabad in coordination with other DRDO laboratories.

Raksha Mantri, Shri Rajnath Singh has congratulated DRDO, IAF and other teams associated with successful flight trial and stated that this will prove to be a force multiplier for the Indian Armed Forces.

Secretary DDR&D and Chairman DRDO, Dr G Satheesh Reddy in his message to the teams said that successful flight test of Long-Range Bomb has marked an important milestone in indigenous development of this class of systems.

SavageKing456

Country flag
What I fail to understand is why this tender has word "UAV" and then talks about Weapons bay which is a component of only ghatak.
It should be a UCAV and not UAV
Is this some sort of another project?
Tender is old but I didn't pay that much attention.
They want to build a airframe, assembly jigs, advanced nozzles, weapon bay doors, landing gear etc. Much of attention is being paid to ssignature management. Advanced nozzles and paints for thermal management. Intake design, weapon bays, nozzle design & coatings for RCS reduction. The RCS will be tested with X-band radars. The drone will also carry significant amount of weapons & fuel. A lot of test are lined for centre of gravity measurements in unloaded, unsymmetrically loaded & fully loaded conditions.

Attachments

Last edited:

SavageKing456

Country flag
1.JPG
3.JPG
5.JPG
7.JPG
9.JPG
Some image w.r.t Fluidic TVC

You see why we developed even more smaller version?
This IISC flying wing small uav was for this purpose only like magma,magma succeed in Fluidic TVC but they could not scale it up,but we succeed in scaling such tech from 1:15 demonstrator to 1:7 demonstrator aka swift.
images (21).jpeg

Iisc uav
images (22).jpeg

BAE systems MAGMA

So those who say swift is RC toy plane they should better not speak

Last edited:

flanker99

Country flag
View attachment 116629View attachment 116630View attachment 116631View attachment 116632View attachment 116633Some image w.r.t Fluidic TVC

You see why we developed even more smaller version?
This IISC flying wing small uav was for this purpose only like magma,magma succeed in Fluidic TVC but they could not scale it up,but we succeed in scaling such tech from 1:15 demonstrator to 1:7 demonstrator aka swift.
View attachment 116634
Iisc uav
View attachment 116636
BAE systems MAGMA

So those who say swift is RC toy plane they should better not speak
Is there any confirmation that swift has fluidic tvc?...the only thing I find odd about the ac are those huge LD's but i think they either over engineered or might be made for OG ghatak

SavageKing456

Country flag
Is there any confirmation that swift has fluidic tvc?...the only thing I find odd about the ac are those huge LD's but i think they either over engineered or might be made for OG ghatak
You can't unless you get the video in which it flies.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Can india make these

titanium bulkheads?

this printer will be used to make Titanium bulkheads of MMU/TFX
They(TAI) are buying a 50.000 core new computer for simulations.
Yes we can (and already have) built titanium parts for large bulkheads for AMCA.
No we can't 3D print them yet (we manufacture them using the traditional closed-die forging methods).
But we can mine titanium ore from mines in India, extract the titanium sponge from the ore and process it into a titanium alloy (Ti‐15Mo‐3Nb‐3Al‐0.3Fe‐0.2Si) that DRDO-DMRL has developed specifically for aircraft structural application. All this done entirely in India. I'd say its a massive win. We didn't have this capability when Tejas was being developed.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles