DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Some more gud news
A new guidance control unit for our hypersonic missiles has been simulated in a mach 9 flight successfully,It showed only a 0.06 mrad deviation which is very good
That means 🤩 , ship launched BM can now be used for ashm role ,also hstdv can give to a total hypersonic regime missile , good going

Chinmoy

Country flag
But as I have come to understand and I may be wrong.

In the mountainous region long range MBRL will be no good if your enemy is situated at the base of the mountain as these MBRL normally follow a ballistic trajectory. So the threat that the Chinese long range MBRL will pose a threat to properly located Indian army placements might be over exaggerated. But the MBPKS designed and developed by DRDO is meant specifically for these terrains but to achieve this its range is no more than 35+ km as it follows a very high trajectory to attack the base of the mountain

The artillery emplacements on the other hand ie there PCL 181 will pose more of a threat as with an increased angle of elevation these artillery pieces can target the base of the mountain but these long range artillery are there on our side also.

If anyone here knows anything about mountain warfare if they could please shed some light on the same
I would not say about the whole LAC, but in eastern sector especially in Twang, our MBRL holds an edge over Chinese artillery.

Chinmoy

Country flag
It it possible to make this target drone a loitering munition? It will be a nice toy to destroy the S400 batteries in Tibet if that happens, we have Israeli Harpy and Sky striker already, having an indigenous option nice way to grow the arsenal as we need more munitions like this.

I told this in this very thread the first time Abhyas was tested.

The test has not garnered much interest and few people here were mocking DRDO to make something of cold war time line.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Are you sure? SLBM in make 2 project 🤔.
In naval convention terms SSM stands for anti ship role and LAM stands for land attack role.
I am certain that this surely something related to anti ship role and launch platform would be a ship, likely a simple subsonic naval anti ship missile, you can't really ask anything more complex in make-2.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Are you sure? SLBM in make 2 project 🤔.
In naval convention terms SSM stands for anti ship role and LAM stands for land attack role.
I am certain that this surely something related to anti ship role and launch platform would be a ship, likely a simple subsonic naval anti ship missile, you can't really ask anything more complex in make-2.
BRAHMOS is a Make-2 category. It is a SSM project. But in Naval term SSM also means Sub Surface Missile. It could be BRAHMOS too. But the Glide in front of SSM makes it interesting because as of now we have pvt firms working on Glided vehicle rather then DRDO. DRDO is working on powered Hypersonic project.

So in all probability it would be a SLBM rather then Ship launched one.

Global Defence

Articles