DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Bhai by licencing, I believe only warhead section. Ruskies wouldn't have given TOT for sensors

1. Excalibur is is GPS and INS guided, whereas Kranspol is laser guided. It isn't compatible with fh 77 i.e, Bofors

A single Excalibur shell seems to cost >$100k and Kranspol around $35k. Me believe both are screwing us

2. From my assessment, we still haven't had a breakthrough in sensor-fused weapons (PGMs).
It's after these many years we r testing precision guided ammunition and will take a year or so for operationalising it

View attachment 115895

DRDO has initiated work on add on guidance kits for regular shells, which are cheap

So logically, the next step should be complete system like Excalibur
Yup, on page of ATAGS, drdo site, there's a mention of a long range guided munition, though currently in development or not is a question.

The problem is there is no annual report on current and upcoming drdo projects, even reports which are published are limited in scope and doesn't include everything. We enthusiasts gather info from here and there, just like MPDMS came out of blue(coz of tender) we can hope to see new exciting projects come into light in near future.

Although I do believe that production agency(mostly privately-owned) of these projects should be chosen on the basis of its ability to learn,absorb & innovate and finally be able to do R&D on it's own, be ahead in tech curve and produce export quality products.
And I hope Drdo FMBT doesn't goes to new OFB entity.:scared1:

sagar

Country flag
It it possible to make this target drone a loitering munition? It will be a nice toy to destroy the S400 batteries in Tibet if that happens, we have Israeli Harpy and Sky striker already, having an indigenous option nice way to grow the arsenal as we need more munitions like this.

It can mimic rcs of number of jets, so use ur imagination.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
It it possible to make this target drone a loitering munition? It will be a nice toy to destroy the S400 batteries in Tibet if that happens, we have Israeli Harpy and Sky striker already, having an indigenous option nice way to grow the arsenal as we need more munitions like this.

Will need significant redesign to include front head sensor(TV/IIR), space for warhead, change of aerostructure for canister launch capability, addition of dedicated small booster for ground launch, further aerodynamic enhancements for loitering optimization, a robust datalink and a higher thrust engine due to changes all above as it's original weight in current config is just 70kg.

A multiple canister launch jammer&decoy system would be a great system to lure out enemy. Hope sense prevails and our armed forces asks for such system from DRDO.

FalconZero

Country flag

mokoman

Country flag
So archer is basically WSI version of Rustom 1 with i guess some other improvements probably INS navigation etc. ?

Also,
>that hindi
Who the fuck wrote that? It's like outright a bot translated the hindi and put it there. Can't even understand at least 30% of the words. Especially the last para.
Probably South Indian company , no one knows hindi , so maybe they used google translate.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles