DRDO plans to develop advance long-range A2A & SAM -Surface to Air Missiles

rahulrds1

Indian missile technologists are planning to develop a host of advanced missiles, including a low-weight nano missile and a long-range surface-to-air missile (SAM) with a range of 300 km.

--Silver Jubilee fete--

This was disclosed here on Monday by Avinash Chander, Chief Controller ( Missiles and Strategic Systems), Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) at a function organised to celebrate the Silver Jubilee of Hardware-in-Loop Simulation (HILS) facility at the Research Centre Imarat, a key missile laboratory of DRDO.

Lauding the achievements of HILS during the past 25 years, he said RCI had developed advanced technology of avionics, including navigation systems and was now on the verge of developing navigation on chip, telemetry on chip, seeker on chip and entire avionics on a single board.

Referring to Akash surface-to-air missile system, he said the next aim was to develop a 300 km range SAM. Besides, it was also planned to develop air-to-surface missile having a range of 400 km and air-to-air missile of 300 km range. Other world class systems, including underwater, cruise, sub-sonic and supersonic missiles would also be developed.

--Kalam's praise--

Former President and founder-director of Research Centre Imarat, A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, who was the chief guest, praised RCI's contribution to the country's missile programme. Mentioning about convergence of technologies, he said when nano technology and ICT meet, integrated silicon electronics and photonics emerge and it could be said that material convergence would happen. Convergence of bio, nano and information technologies could lead to development of nano robots.

RCI director, S.K. Chaudhuri, gave an overview of the work done at HILS. He said it was established for evaluation of flight systems, sub-systems and onboard mission software and integrated missile system performance from pre-launch till its impact. HILS has transformed itself into a frontier aerospace technology for performance evaluation of flight systems.

source: www_thehindu.com

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Whatever happened to the ones we were buying from Israel and France ?

ashicjose

And when they are going to fulfill it ......in next decade.....:taunt1:

agentperry

Regarding SAM & A2A both are RAM jet propulsion..

Dimension would be something like this..
i meant to say the agencies will get overburdened. already 1000s of projects and now such ambitious project on never before field

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
i meant to say the agencies will get overburdened. already 1000s of projects and now such ambitious project on never before field
I think regarding SAM, Its already Half done in BMD project, The inter-atmosphere Missiles may be used as SAM with Modification..

Tracking and guiding radar is already fielded..

----------------------------------------

Regarding A2A Missile, There is some JV with Russia if i am not Wrong..

agentperry

I think regarding SAM, Its already Half done in BMD project, The inter-atmosphere Missiles may be used as SAM with Modification..

Tracking and guiding radar is already fielded..

----------------------------------------

Regarding A2A Missile, There is some JV with Russia if i am not Wrong..
it says ASM. wat about it

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Dont tell me that they are going to launch a missile the size of A5 at every incoming fighters :D
Plug you did't get it, they are now making rocket motor with composite material, at the one hand they are light weight on the other hand gives high performance. This is one such thing. Rest as Kunal sir said they have learn lot from BMD project. Please also remember that now they have supercomputer at their disposal for model and other things which can do 10 years wroth of calculation in half day.

News report do have some error, but with current level of tech it is not that difficult to reach what they are dreaming for.

BTW for 300 km range SAM you need radar that can see 500km (LRTR already has that capability). We are good with radars, looks like LRTR would be doing lot of job in future.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Indian missile technologists are planning to develop a host of advanced missiles, including a low-weight nano missile and a long-range surface-to-air missile (SAM) with a range of 300 km.

Referring to Akash surface-to-air missile system, he said the next aim was to develop a 300 km range SAM. Besides, it was also planned to develop air-to-surface missile having a range of 400 km and air-to-air missile of 300 km range. Other world class systems, including underwater, cruise, sub-sonic and supersonic missiles would also be developed.

source: www_thehindu.com
After AAD's successful test flight, question regarding 300 KM SAM was just 'when'.......400 KM A2S missile could be ADM as reported by India Today.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles