DRDO Multical Rifle Unveiled

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
DRDO and OFB INSAS has proven it self in Indian conditions, therefore new Multi caliber rifle is in the best position to go for multi caliber rifle tender, provided it clear the trial.

Better have our own rifle then to have rifle from foreign country. Ofcourse some officers would hate it as it just stop them going to bank (foreign banks) and others who love foreign maal and have inferiority complex for local product.

Blood+

Country flag
So can anyone here confirm what kind of gas piston is used in the MCIWS-is it a long stroke one or a short stroke one??
THANKS.....

y_raj

I remember the DRDO guy saying that the MCIWS had a floating gas piston as opposed to a fixed gas piston on AK

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

Yes, it looks like floating short stroke gas piston. From whatever is visible from the pictures, I'm 90% sure about it.

It would be something like this:

So can anyone here confirm what kind of gas piston is used in the MCIWS-is it a long stroke one or a short stroke one??
THANKS.....
drdo guy said it is gas piston, that is all.
I remember the DRDO guy saying that the MCIWS had a floating gas piston as opposed to a fixed gas piston on AK

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
This time it was a bit disappointing, I waited for the person for nearly an hour but he was on round ..
sir first day, first few hour is the best time, after that they get bored saying same thing again and again....................

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Defexpo 2014: Indian Army poised to conduct assault rifle trials

The Indian Army is expected to begin long-delayed trials involving four competing multi-calibre 5.56 x 45 mm assault rifles in May in support of its requirement for 66,000 rifles, estimated to cost about USD300 million.
The competing rifles - fielded by the Czech Republic's Czeca (CZ 807A Bren model), Italy's Beretta (ARX-160), Israel's IWI (ACE 1), and US firm Colt (Colt Combat Rifle or Advanced Colt) - will over several months conduct firing-trials at several locations in diverse climatic conditions. These include the western Rajasthan desert, high-altitude locations in the Himalayas, and high humidity areas: all places where the assault rifles are likely to be employed, Beretta's general manager, Carlo Ferlito, told IHS Janes at the Defexpo 2014 exhibition in New Delhi.

http://www.janes.com/article/33561/defexpo-2014-indian-army-poised-to-conduct-assault-rifle-trials

At this rate, ARDE might have to sell the design to private or public companies, cause they're about to start trials.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Btw non from Indian army were looking at new rifle i saw then at foreign stalls only.

Abhi9

Country flag
Then the army cries about shortage of Officers. These Oldies cannot relate to the youth of today and His/Her aspirations. The VRS is highest in the army compared to other services. Because i know first hand they don't want thinkers, questioners they just want slaves who can follow order.

No matter how much ad seems fancy, it does not serve well to attract. Youth Joins the army with passion to serve with high morals and diligence and its a complete shock culture that army serves as Corporate with corruption,Licking asses Its apalling who people with only low character reach the top. I think its the right time to some elements of army in transparency regarding the conduct of officers.

British have left but left these Kale angrez in this nation.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
This thing is in it's prototype phase, and IA is already about to starts trials of fit and finished multi cal rifles........

Dont know what's going to happen to this thing...

This could be disaster for India's small arms industry/R&D.

Last edited:

freakinghell

If we are serious about indigeniztion, we should ban import of foreign weapons. It'll save money, and improve our domestic industry.

Abhi9

Country flag
Army will not buy anything Indigenous ..... Corrupt Supper Corupt DG acquisitions..Some token here and there to save their Face and say we help in nation building

freakinghell

Army will not buy anything Indigenous ..... Corrupt Supper Corupt DG acquisitions..Some token here and there to save their Face and say we help in nation building
I suspect many of them are corrupt, and many of them are just dim witted. they don't see the importance of making weapons locally. this import spree would continue as long as they have an option to buy from foreign countries. I would say we should put a ban, or at least put a cap and tell our defence ministry they can't import anything more than (say) 50% from outside. this would cover areas were Indian industries are really behind, such as fighter jets. Other half has to be procured locally. this would cover all areas where we have a decent presence such as small arms, trucks, tanks, IFVs, artillery, missiles etc.

Otherwise indigenization would just remain a dream. we have waited very long, only now we have built up capacity to build quality equipments, still our military leaders insist on buying from outside, ya to daal me kuch kala hai, ya unka dimaag bohot chota hai.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles