DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
View attachment 80242

In cryptic news typical of Israeli companies announcing their worldwide contracts and successes:

Elbit Systems has been awarded a $300 million contract to Supply Hermes 900 Unmanned Aircraft Systems to a "Country in Asia"

But what could be interesting is what we know is that Adani Defence & Aerospace + Elbit Systems inaugurated the "Adani Elbit UAV Complex" in Hyderabad about 2 years ago.

So, is this new contract for India itself or these Joint Venture Hermes 900s being exported?

Vayu Aerospace
Ain't rustom 2 , matching all specs , exceeding some too

Adrian Corvus

Country flag
Is this a hard kill or a soft-kill system?

Any comparison with the SMASH system which Navy is purchasing from Israel?
This is a soft-kill system
On the other hand SMASH is a fire-control system where the system is used in tracking of the target and only allowing the gun to fire when the direction/path of the projectile calculated by the onboard computer is sure to hit the target.
This anti-drone rifle has a rail for scopes/optics, so theoretically, if i am not wrong, SMASH could be mounted on this.

BlackViking

Country flag
This is a soft-kill system
On the other hand SMASH is a fire-control system where the system is used in tracking of the target and only allowing the gun to fire when the direction/path of the projectile calculated by the onboard computer is sure to hit the target.
This anti-drone rifle has a rail for scopes/optics, so theoretically, if i am not wrong, SMASH could be mounted on this.
But is there a need? For hard-kill system high accuracy is needed but I don't think this will be required for a man-portable soft-kill system. A simple EO system should be enough.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Global Defence

Articles