DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
Which means our neighbor's Ar$$ets are now officially doomed.
Potency is measured in terms of kill probability. And kill probability varies in real life due to the dynamic nature of the vectors , the event space and the human element involved.

Every event in this world is a probability , nothing is officially certain.

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
The so called surplus in your source is current account balance which includes service.
@Karthi please explain if we have any radar that can be developed as multipurpose radar for surveillance , tracking , fire control , replacing mf star and exceeding it
Rajendra Radar can do some of it , no other Radars currently in service with India is not multipurpose ( surveillance , tracking and engaging). But heared that a new version of Rajendra with GaN TRM possibly can do all this . This is what I remember now .

Radars are one area where India has moved forward with tremendous speed. All kinds of radars have been developed in recent years and many more are coming.

Form alternatives to Israeli russian radars to airborne aesa to weapon locating radar we have catched up with most advanced nations in radar technology.

We had no airborne pesa and now we directly have an aesa which even the Europeans only got a few years ago. Typhoon still doesn't have one.

I would suggest interested members to read karam M pots on Bharat rakashak to understand more about over radar prowess. He writes about that so passionately.

Anandhu Krishna

I remember someone's twitter thread with pictures of all Tejas ever made. Anybody have that tweet!?

Karthi

Country flag
Radars are one area where India has moved forward with tremendous speed. All kinds of radars have been developed in recent years and many more are coming.

Form alternatives to Israeli russian radars to airborne aesa to weapon locating radar we have catched up with most advanced nations in radar technology.

We had no airborne pesa and now we directly have an aesa which even the Europeans only got a few years ago. Typhoon still doesn't have one.

I would suggest interested members to read karam M pots on Bharat rakashak to understand more about over radar prowess. He writes about that so passionately.

Bro it will be very helpful if you give me the link , me and friends trying to create an article if we get anything new from him it will be helpful for us .

Gerlat

Country flag
Rajendra Radar can do some of it , no other Radars currently in service with India is not multipurpose ( surveillance , tracking and engaging). But heared that a new version of Rajendra with GaN TRM possibly can do all this . This is what I remember now .
But still not come closer to mfstar and that is the main point. Maybe NextGen destroyer comes with similar ones with air/surface multiple modes. Also using multiple radars increase eccm and detection capability. Don't forget advanced anti air warfare units use long range Radar.

WarriorIndian

Country flag
Potency is measured in terms of kill probability. And kill probability varies in real life due to the dynamic nature of the vectors , the event space and the human element involved.

Every event in this world is a probability , nothing is officially certain.
This bloody is the very reason why I gave up Mathematics and took up Computer Science during the school days:rage:

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

That's whole thread you must search whatever you want there.
Well i read that , arudhra is in same category of elm 2284 , of which mf star is a derivative , also arudhra employs gan module , if my info is correct , so it would use up less energy compared to legacy mf star , so a scaled up version of arudhra modified for naval application can be used in similar four face arrangement , also it is a 4 d radar , so would provide be better for missile guidance and surveillance.

We rarely talk about arudhra , isn't it our indigenous product ?

Gerlat

Country flag
Well i read that , arudhra is in same category of elm 2284 , of which mf star is a derivative , also arudhra employs gan module , if my info is correct , so it would use up less energy compared to legacy mf star , so a scaled up version of arudhra modified for naval application can be used in similar four face arrangement , also it is a 4 d radar , so would provide be better for missile guidance and surveillance.

We rarely talk about arudhra , isn't it our indigenous product ?
Both are early warning Radar. Elm2284 is more advanced than Indian one, currently.
Indians are very good in electronics/communication engineering items, but not good in bulk/mass manufacturing those. Bottom line India already developed technology to design and build a decade old Israel radar technology and only limitations is funding/human resources.
Uttam rf sensors completed basic air-to-air/sea/ground mode - all basic technology development completed.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Both are early warning Radar. Elm2284 is more advanced than Indian one, currently.
Indians are very good in electronics/communication engineering items, but not good in bulk/mass manufacturing those. Bottom line India already developed technology to design and build a decade old Israel radar technology and only limitations is funding/human resources.
Uttam rf sensors completed basic air-to-air/sea/ground mode - all basic technology development completed.
Not sure what you wanna convey , bel generally manufacture radar and is pretty good at that , and arudhra is almost equivalent to elm 2284 , only limitation you might be discussing would be comparing truck mounted version to stationary version , well our problem is lack of interest from forces , naval variant reauire additional testing

Gerlat

Country flag
Not sure what you wanna convey , bel generally manufacture radar and is pretty good at that , and arudhra is almost equivalent to elm 2284 , only limitation you might be discussing would be comparing truck mounted version to stationary version , well our problem is lack of interest from forces , naval variant reauire additional testing
None you mentioned. I'm talking about current technology status and capabilities of Indians and conditions of drdo labs. Also off the topic- mass production and quality production is not same and I mentioned about mass production/manufacturing related to electronic/communication equipments which also includes military Radar. Overall Indian are good at semiconductor design and programming.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles