DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
That's Sarath m8, not FICV... Look at the twin, side opening rear-doors. FICV has a single slope opening one. The troop carrying compartment is not tapered in FICV & the front wheel is further ahead. This can fit only 6 wheels, not 7.

Where did you find this BTW?
Posted in ofb site as ficv ....
Though I know their ficv has 7 wheels

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Not sure if I am a fan of this development. They are not doing this on their own. They are "tying up" with General Atomics. So basically, it will be foreign technology repackaged as Indian. The Americans will control the technology and most Indians will live under the false sense of pride and achievement that comes with being an American vassal.
This is USA's new tactic. They tried to deny India technology, but when they did, India just went and created its own technology (Cryogenic Rocket Engines, Nukes, ASAT, Hypersonics, etc). So now USA plans to use this new move where they will "tie-up" with Indian baniyas who only care about profits and sell us this product as a "Joint Venture". Since General Atomics is ahead of DRDO in railgun research, they can always pitch a better product than DRDO can. Now this "Made in India" tag will be provided by Kalyani and the dumb netas, public and even Indian Armed Forces will go for the "better and cheaper" Kalyani product rather than going for DRDO product.

This will lead to a situation where DRDO gets called "useless" a lot more by idiots who don't know $hit and by presstitutes paid by the US of A, because DRDO products won't be able to compete with US products "in an open competition". In time, this will lead to a demand from all quarters to shut-down DRDO because they are "incompetent". Comparisons will be drawn with (by then) the long defunct OFB.

Result: USA gets to shut down India's only Defence R&D hub (DRDO) thereby shutting off any chance India has of competing with USA or having strategic autonomy, gets to make profit by selling us their product, gets to control the technological level of Indian Armed Forces.

Maybe this government is capable of realizing the reality of this, but surely once this government is out of office, no other check and balance on the system will exist to prevent this from happening, because the end user (Indian Armed Forces) have a personal axe to grind against DRDO.And Babus and any other netas can simply be bought off.

Some people might be amused as to why I am writing obituaries for DRDO and that "it might not be so bad", but trust me, this $hit is dangerous and needs to be constantly guarded against. Always assume the worst case scenario and work to prevent it from occurring. USA is not giving us all this technology out of benevolence, rather malevolence. They are killing two birds with one stone by arming India with its own technology: China (death by Murican weapons) and India (death of indigenous industry by smothering Indian technology). I sincerely hope that people realize the importance of DRDO and core research sooner rather than when it becomes too late. And I sincerely hope this baniya mentality of Indian conglomorates dies out (I highly doubt it will).
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Besides, I would like to have a word with whichever idiot runs this "Alpha Defence" news site, because he just called DRDO a "DPSU".
:facepalm:

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Drdo is going to show case the following platforms in aero india 2021
ABHYAS, NIRBHAY& SWIFT UAV models of ADE
AEW&C, MMMA, I-STAR, AWACS aircraft models of CABS
LCA Mk1, Mk2, TEDF and AMCA models of ADA
KAVERI Engine model of GTRE
MISSILE Models from Missile Cluster labs

Besides this
Mk2DESIGN SIMULATOR and Tejas 360 Degree Virtual Flight Experience Station will be there.

you will see dhruti rwr...laser warning receivers ... various data links of rustom2 ,aewacs etc

internal weapon bay model of amca will be showcased..
ghatak model will be showcased but no dhruvastra model though helina and mpatgm model will be there
And a warhead of 68 mm arrow rocket will be showcased

first time Kaveri dry engine prototype model will be showcased

Swift model will be showcased (first time)
Very interestingly model of LCA mk1 and mk2(1:6) model will be showcased
And tedbf will be showcased

Many products going to be showcased like nirbhay , abhyasha etc can't write each and everyone

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Not sure if I am a fan of this development. They are not doing this on their own. They are "tying up" with General Atomics. So basically, it will be foreign technology repackaged as Indian. The Americans will control the technology and most Indians will live under the false sense of pride and achievement that comes with being an American vassal.
This is USA's new tactic. They tried to deny India technology, but when they did, India just went and created its own technology (Cryogenic Rocket Engines, Nukes, ASAT, Hypersonics, etc). So now USA plans to use this new move where they will "tie-up" with Indian baniyas who only care about profits and sell us this product as a "Joint Venture". Since General Atomics is ahead of DRDO in railgun research, they can always pitch a better product than DRDO can. Now this "Made in India" tag will be provided by Kalyani and the dumb netas, public and even Indian Armed Forces will go for the "better and cheaper" Kalyani product rather than going for DRDO product.

This will lead to a situation where DRDO gets called "useless" a lot more by idiots who don't know $hit and by presstitutes paid by the US of A, because DRDO products won't be able to compete with US products "in an open competition". In time, this will lead to a demand from all quarters to shut-down DRDO because they are "incompetent". Comparisons will be drawn with (by then) the long defunct OFB.

Result: USA gets to shut down India's only Defence R&D hub (DRDO) thereby shutting off any chance India has of competing with USA or having strategic autonomy, gets to make profit by selling us their product, gets to control the technological level of Indian Armed Forces.

Maybe this government is capable of realizing the reality of this, but surely once this government is out of office, no other check and balance on the system will exist to prevent this from happening, because the end user (Indian Armed Forces) have a personal axe to grind against DRDO.And Babus and any other netas can simply be bought off.

Some people might be amused as to why I am writing obituaries for DRDO and that "it might not be so bad", but trust me, this $hit is dangerous and needs to be constantly guarded against. Always assume the worst case scenario and work to prevent it from occurring. USA is not giving us all this technology out of benevolence, rather malevolence. They are killing two birds with one stone by arming India with its own technology: China (death by Murican weapons) and India (death of indigenous industry by smothering Indian technology). I sincerely hope that people realize the importance of DRDO and core research sooner rather than when it becomes too late. And I sincerely hope this baniya mentality of Indian conglomorates dies out (I highly doubt it will).
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Besides, I would like to have a word with whichever idiot runs this "Alpha Defence" news site, because he just called DRDO a "DPSU".
This is a be venture of an Indian private company. Indian government has an independent project to develop railguns.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
This is a be venture of an Indian private company. Indian government has an independent project to develop railguns.
My argument still stands. The end user doesn't seem likely to choose DRDO's technology over Made in India American product.
As for the "venture", its just one where US controls the technology and the local partner (Kalyani) assembles it.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
My argument still stands. The end user doesn't seem likely to choose DRDO's technology over Made in India American product.
As for the "venture", its just one where US controls the technology and the local partner (Kalyani) assembles it.
That itself would be redundant because DRDO tech will become redundant in both products. US is more experienced here and application of tech what possibly was not ever earlier used in India is sane here.
Using "DRDO technology" is stupidity if DRDO gonna use it itself.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Schematic of DRDO 50 KW COIL ( chemical oxygen iodine laser ) lab prototype which was under development few years back

Ad.05.07.jpg

The attractive point about COIL is that it allows scaling up of the output power at continuous mode at megawatt scale.

Boeing airborne YAL-1 used COIL

Continuous mode means the output power is steady and not pulsed.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
INS Vikramaditya has two radars . Fregat M2M for volume search and Podberezovik r for the the purpose of air space control and surveillance. And surface surveillance. Both these radars are also able to furnish fire control data to Russian origin Shtil and Shtil-1 missiles although these aren't installed on VKD.

Pod has an instrumented range of 500 kms. Operates in the L band. Will be able to pick up VLO and LO aircrafts and missiles .

Podberezovik-ET1 from SALYUT-1.jpg

Podberezovik-ET1 from SALYUT-2.jpg

Karthi

Country flag
FG_3804882-IDR-9231.jpg

India's EyeROV readies improved Tuna ROV

EyeROV, a startup funded by the Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL) and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), is looking to expand research and development (R&D) work on remotely operated vehicles (ROVs) for defence applications.

Kannappa Palaniappan, chief technology officer and co-founder at EyeROV, told Janes that the company is looking to evolve its EyeROV Tuna ROV with new capabilities.

The Tuna is a two-man-portable, inspection-class ROV designed for critical infrastructure inspection and underwater surveillance operations up to a depth of 100 m. The ROV measures approximately 0.4 m long, weighs around 15 kg, and features a modular design that can accommodate customised tool packages based on the mission requirement.

The ROV is equipped with four horizontal and one vertical thruster configuration that provides a cumulative thrust of 9 kgf to withstand surge and sway, as well as a cruise speed of 2 kt. The vehicle can be powered either by an external source or an onboard rechargeable battery that can provide an endurance of up to 3 hours.

It is fitted with various sensors and mission equipment, including a low-light 1,080 p high-definition camera, secondary digital zoom camera, two 1,500-lumen LED lamps, and navigation sensors such as accelerometer, depth sensor, gyroscope, and compass. The vehicle is also fitted with multiple safety checks such as leak indicators, system voltage, and internal temperature sensor.

The operator display unit features a 33 cm, sunlight-readable colour monitor with video overlay that displays heading, depth, tilt position, date, and time. The vehicle is integrated with an onboard Ethernet serial interface for transmitting real-time data.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag

Well..the question is how far behind DRDO is in rail gun research?
We are buying MQ9B (btw, a general atomic s product) despite Rustom 2 being under development with indigenous Kaveri turbofan powering it.
the military needs time bound introduction of weapon systems as we are behind major powers in many weapons classes both in R&D as well as in production.
DRDO’s recruiting policies are changing and hope very bright, driven engineers join and work well with private sector to prove that DRDO can deliver in a time bound and cost effective manner. Once they can do that, armed forces should be able to develop more confidence in DRDO’s ability to deliver critical, heavy engineering products.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Drdo system looks like something this
I kind of doubt that

images.jpeg

images (1).jpeg

DRDO laser tech demonstrated is based on gas dynamic laser and chemical oxygen iodine laser . Not sure about fibre laser , though publically available info says they developed a 1 kw fibre laser.

Latest one was a 10 kw laser but don't know which tech they used for it.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles