DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Bro ...work was ongoing in 2 airforce bases for induction of mrsam(before 3months)
Hope many also remembered about the allocation of budget for mrsam iaf .......

Though I don't have any official sources
I am sure Kadi Ninda will walk the talk when it comes to the defense budget. Next year's defense budget will see a two digit increase in capital allocation and a high single digit 9-9.5 percent increase in revenue head.

Regarding MRSAM deployment.

images (36).jpeg

Killbot

Country flag
The OFB new carbine, which was showcased in Defence expo 2020, is patterned on Sig 556 carbine (which Ii beleive is already with the NSG or some police SWAT teams).
Sig 556

View attachment 68125
OFB carbine
View attachment 68126
Like I said, they made an AK and painted it. The Sig 550 series rifles are just AKs with better ergonomics.

This thing doesn't even have adjustable gas block, which the Sig does.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
INSAS did. It is nothing too sophisticated.
INSAS was ARDE product. While this carbine is OFB's own R&D. OFB started its R&D very recently in the last 5-6 years with a very small budget. Till now most of its products are direct clones like Ghatak (AKM clone), new TAR (AR-M1 clone), or lego assembly of different parts of past rifles: like old TAR (AK + SLR (FN-FAL)).

Last edited:

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
CVRDE developed Tri-cycle Nose Wheel Type Retractable Landing Gear System for RUSTOM II. This LG system is designed to function for high touch down speeds and sink velocity. The LG consists of Hydro-gas based Shock Absorber Struts. The Nose Landing Gear is steerable with disc brake. This indigenously designed Landing gear system was Integrated into the RUSTOM II UAV and completed twelve flight trials successfully.
1606557190072.png

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
The 122mm rocket has been developed with HE fragmentation warhead. A battery of six launchers can deliver a salvo of 240 rockets in 20 seconds to a maximum range of 20 km and saturate a target area of the size of a football field with more than four tonnes of steel fragments and high explosives
gfgg_1-picsay.png

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Bdw previously rustom2. Landing gears were not retractable...... again cvrde is also making landing geras of swift ucav
CVRDE developed Tri-cycle Nose Wheel Type Retractable Landing Gear System for RUSTOM II. This LG system is designed to function for high touch down speeds and sink velocity. The LG consists of Hydro-gas based Shock Absorber Struts. The Nose Landing Gear is steerable with disc brake. This indigenously designed Landing gear system was Integrated into the RUSTOM II UAV and completed twelve flight trials successfully.View attachment 68151

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Screenshot_2020-11-28-13-57-58-249_com.google.android.apps.docs-picsay.jpg

infographic of ofb developed ficv.......
That's Sarath m8, not FICV... Look at the twin, side opening rear-doors. FICV has a single slope opening one. The troop carrying compartment is not tapered in FICV & the front wheel is further ahead. This can fit only 6 wheels, not 7.

Where did you find this BTW?

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
The Astr defence guy is most prbobaly a young engineer named Ankush L Koravi from Karnataka. He made his rifle in RFI, using the same tools and machinery as the OFB guys. After that he launched his company in September 2019.

View attachment 68127

This is his product
View attachment 68129
This might be the greatest thing ever if true.
To think if given the right support this can happen, my nibba I'm hauling in excitement.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
This might be the greatest thing ever if true.
To think if given the right support this can happen, my nibba I'm hauling in excitement.
But, dude here you still have people like OH! BUT IT IS NOT SEXY ENOUGH TO SIGS AND CARACALS, they don't even know basic thing about HOW A COUNTRY will become self-sufficient if we keep buying from outside.

Problem will always be there, it requires continuous dedication to change it,which babuas and BIGGEST OF THEM ALL NINDA turtle and fraternity does not have.

Nothing will happen with making a law, after making a law, you have to see a product from prototype to mass induction phase in these import lobby infested environment called INDIA defence procurement, just to say to you look at ATAGS, this too will become next Arjun.

sorcerer

Country flag

Global Defence

New threads

Articles