DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Arihant Roy

Country flag
So yesterday's missile test firings were a coordinated exercise between IAF and IN.

The Brahmos ALCM hit the retired INS Cannanore shortly after she was hit by a Uran missile from INS Kora .

The Su-30 had taken off from Halwara airbase . The Pakistanis are surely feeling the heat . Im the Dim and his brown panted masters must be quaking in their boots.

EloKtuqU0AAkURM.jpeg

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
571.jpg

Shilka weapon system

images.jpeg

Adavanced l70 developed by bel

L70-40mm-caliber-anti-aircraft-towed-gun.jpg
images.jpeg

This new weapon system sports a new electro-optical firing control system, offering a computerized fire control. It also has a day/night vision mode, automatic target tracking, as well as a muzzle velocity radar.

The gunner behind controlling it now has a video display, which controls all of the firing operations. The gun carriage is upgraded to have a state-of-the-art electric drive, with a 10 hour-operation battery. Except this, Bharat Electronics Limited also developed a computerized simulator to train new gunners, by using video output of the computer connected to the video display.

Tunguska
Tunguska_Weapon-System.jpg

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
Air Sterilization Unit (ASU) for Submarines by DRDO.
I believe it is part of the submarine onboard scrubber system , not a standalone system.

I once posted the pic of the same being used in Indian nuclear submarines .

Reposting the same

Ad.40.48.jpg

Generally if the scrubber fails and the submarine is not able to surface , everyone's life will be at risk more or less.

It is a critical life support system needed to keep the onboard air fit for breathing by removing CO2 and CO.

Last edited:

Dessert Storm

Country flag
I believe it is part of the submarine onboard scrubber system , not a standalone system.

I once posted the pic of the same being used in Indian nuclear submarines .

Reposting the same

View attachment 64939

Generally if the scrubber fails and the submarine is not able to surface , everyone's life will be at risk more or less.

It is a critical life support system needed to keep the onboard air fit for breathing by removing CO2 and CO.
It's basically a system for removal of bacteria and viruses from air. It is compatible with air ducting already in place. Has spin-off applications in bunkers, hospitals, theatres, malls etc.

Attachments

porky_kicker

Country flag
Different missiles have been labelled as MLPGM over the years. Has caused lots of confusion.

Has there been any test of this missile? What is its maximum range? 10 km will be more than enough.
Open source evidence points to atleast 2 test-fires from drones ( mirach , Lakshya ) , there maybe more .

Range I don't know , will depend on the release altitude.

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
It's basically a system for removal of bacteria and viruses from air. It is compatible with air ducting already in place. Has spin-off applications in bunkers, hospitals, theatres, malls etc.
Hmm
In light of this maybe it is a standalone system and to be fitted as a additional safeguard because a submerged submarine especially a nuclear one already has a close circuit air circulation system with a highly efficient filtration ( scrubber ) system.

porky_kicker

Country flag
For a long time DRDO was working separately on radar absorbing materials and frequency selective surfaces ( FSS ) for application in stealth aircrafts.

Recently they have started working on combined radar absorbing material and FSS. It allows the new stealth material to allow the transmission of the desired frequency band from the enclosed radiating modules while at the same time out of band frequencies incident on the material are absorbed.

Long story short the material can be used to make coverings ( eg nose cone , T/R aperture etc ) of onboard transmitters which will allow the specific frequency band of the transmitter to pass through while at the same time act as a radar absorbing material for other frequencies coming from external sources like hostile radars etc.

Ad.16.jpg

Last edited:

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Open source evidence points to atleast 2 test-fires from drones ( mirach , Lakshya ) , there maybe more .

Range I don't know , will depend on the release altitude.
@Arihant Roy
Last I heard of in June 2020.
1. IIR and MMW seeker miniaturised.
2. Control surfaces miniaturised.
3. Grid/Lattice Fins to be used.
4. High speed data link under development.
5. No tests conducted as of now.
6. Probable earliest test date is late 2021.
7. Range would be similar to SANT.
*Open source.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
As I said previously MLPGM has been tested twice atleast.

From lakysha drone ( video available on YouTube delhi defence review )
From mirach drone ( pic available in trishul blog )
I shared what I knew about it. Not disputing anything you say. Given your assertion about the tests, I did try to look it up. Landed up with this piece from Bharat Rakshak. It's a piece from Dr. V.K. Saraswat's presentation in 2014 (maybe it was tested after 2014). It does mention that MMW seeker based PGM is under testing. However, dosen't say that missile launched PGM is tested or testing.... just says that it's possible to bunch it up in Prithvi missile.
Screenshot_20201101-221343_Chrome.jpg

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Lakshya is a target drone and its relatively cheap.. ok I confused the munition with SANT
If you are talking about using Lakshya as an armed drone. It's already tested for that.
"Lakshya Weapon Delivery Configuration is also developed for weapon delivery at known Coordinates. The tow bodies in Lakshya-2 Weapon Delivery Configuration carry High Energy Weapon Payload. Ballistic, Unguided weapon delivery is achieved using Cotntinuosly Computed Release Point (CCRP). 9 Lakshya Weapon Delivery sorties have been completed with 16 weapons (4 Live) dropped."

Karthi

Country flag
DRDO initiated the development of Self healing materials along with some other advanced materials such as Stealth materials, Sensor materials and other smart materials.

This link explains the basics of Self healing materials

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles