DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Ek_0nYEUYAElwtS.jpeg

What missile is being fired here? Is it Helina or Sant?

According to a recent article by Rahul Singh, SANT will be fired from a Mi-35 in December. IAF is planning to integrate Sant with Mi-35. He was mum about the integration with LCH.

Absolute

Country flag
Hey all. I just wanted to share one of my blog posts here. Since its about the Indian SLBM program, I guess this thread is appropriate. The post (link below) is about how India is repurposing its SLBMs for various other roles like conventional land attack (Pralay), antisubmarine missions (SMART), antisatillite missions (ASAT missile), and in future probably launching satellites and hypersonic cruise missiles as well. The recent test of the SMART antisubmarine missile is just a part of this trend. Do go through the post and let me know what you feel. I could really use some feedback.

no smoking

Country flag
Why do DRDO and Navy have to use such science project/ tech prototype sort of names for projects such as these ? Advanced Technology vessel , Technology Demonstration vehicle ..

That is ordinary development stage in every country. In this stage, the platform or vessel, vehicle is built to test the new scientific theory or technologies with minimum or even non consideration of actual usage consideration. It is purely a scientific research which can minimize the development risk.

in these day and age do they expect to hide these type of high priority strategic projects through such academic sounding names ?
Not all. In terms of transparence of weapon development, India is on par with US, Europe. How often did you hear this kind of tech demonstrator projects' name from Russia, China?

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Your looney sense of comprehension makes you apprehensive about my perfectly normal arguments. Your rather acute judgemental skills forces you to argue about the irrationality of a perfectly rational and logical statement .
Inability to come to terms with contradictions within your thoughts delude you into believing the non-existent rationality and logic in your beliefs.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Lol look at all the different labellings for the same products

View attachment 63785

View attachment 63786

Product labelled as X band seeker ( SLCM , NASM ) 1st pic is W band anti radiation seeker in 2nd pic .

Product labelled as W band seeker ( SANT PRALAY ) 1st pic is X band anti ship seeker in 2nd pic .

I think the first picture labelling is correct because W band seeker is a MMW seeker and assembly is cylindrical in shape which is required to fit inside PHH seeker of NGARM.
Defence Decode Hindi Video on Seekers.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Inability to come to terms with contradictions within your thoughts delude you into believing the non-existent rationality and logic in your beliefs.
Had you managed to understand my post instead of dilly dallying with semantics, we wouldn't have been here. You are being delusional when you try to comprehend and assuage the existence of rationality and logic in my beliefs with your not so common sensical statements.

Between ,you are free to believe whatever you like. It's a free country . Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Have a great day sir.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Had you managed to understand my post instead of dilly dallying with semantics, we wouldn't have been here. You are being delusional when you try to comprehend and assuage the existence of rationality and logic in my beliefs with your not so common sensical statements.

Between ,you are free to believe whatever you like. It's a free country . Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Have a great day sir.
Hubris always seems ridiculous – until it's your own. Great day to you too.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
View attachment 64462

What missile is being fired here? Is it Helina or Sant?

According to a recent article by Rahul Singh, SANT will be fired from a Mi-35 in December. IAF is planning to integrate Sant with Mi-35. He was mum about the integration with LCH.
According to some reports, SANT is to be integrated with 60 Rudras and 15 LCH LSPs by end 2021.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Nothing.

But you would be pleased to know that we might not even need to fire a EMP device to begin with. We have another device much more conventional and cheaper then it.
I am not sure but I think you are talking about graphite bomb and if that's the case than graphite bomb cannot be compared with EMP bomb. IMO there is no equivalence whatsoever.

Graphite bomb is very limited in scope as it can only be used to short circuit " exposed " electrical distribution systems like high voltage transmission lines , sub stations , electrical grids etc by releasing long strands/fibres of graphite.

EMP bomb functionality is totally different and far more effective in terms of capabilities and damage done to both " exposed " and " protected " electrical and electronic systems both directly and indirectly and at a large scale.

Last edited:

Killbot

Country flag
I am not sure but I think you are talking about graphite bomb and if that's the case than graphite bomb cannot be compared with EMP bomb. IMO there is no equivalence whatsoever.

Graphite bomb is very limited in scope as it can only be used to short circuit " exposed " electrical distribution systems like high voltage transmission lines , sub stations , electrical grids etc by releasing long strands/fibres of graphite.

EMP bomb functionality is totally different and far more effective in terms of capabilities and damage done to both " exposed " and " protected " electrical and electronic systems both directly and indirectly and at a large scale.
No i think he means nuke.

Global Defence

Articles