DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Outfitting work is progressing at a rapid pace on Drdo's Technology Demonstration vessel.

ElMRukdWMAEExCl.jpeg

Why do DRDO and Navy have to use such science project/ tech prototype sort of names for projects such as these ? Advanced Technology vessel , Technology Demonstration vehicle .. in these day and age do they expect to hide these type of high priority strategic projects through such academic sounding names ?

laughingbuddha

Country flag
Outfitting work is progressing at a rapid pace on Drdo's Technology Demonstration vessel.

View attachment 64309

Why do DRDO and Navy have to use such science project/ tech prototype sort of names for projects such as these ? Advanced Technology vessel , Technology Demonstration vehicle .. in these day and age do they expect to hide these type of high priority strategic projects through such academic sounding names ?
Can an LPD be designed based on this platform? Like the Jalashwa?

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
What is the difference between pump jet propulsion and normal blade propulsion
Give more stealth by reducing cavitation,you know those bubbles which are formed due to pressure difference.
That's primary.
And protection from environmental problems you know when you enter harbor there are chances of some unwanted hit.
Also, you can vector it and it has higher power density if I am not wrong.

Karthi

Country flag
Pumo
What is the difference between pump jet propulsion and normal blade propulsion
Pumpjet offer's better speed with less noise compared to propeller. It has better efficiency than propeller . And the blades get better protection . It can be fitted with Thrust Vectoring for better manuverablity.

Disadvantage is it is more complex and heavy so it may not be suitable for small Submarines

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Pumo

Pumpjet offer's better speed with less noise compared to propeller. It has better efficiency than propeller . And the blades get better protection . It can be fitted with Thrust Vectoring for better manuverablity.

Disadvantage is it is more complex and heavy so it may not be suitable for small Submarines
It may be more complex to manufacture, but more reliable and easy to maintain. Torpedoes use pumpjet propulsion too, so how can it not be suitable for small submarine.
For a general reading about pumpjet propulsion👇

Attachments

Dessert Storm

Country flag

View attachment 64309

DRDO definitely ain't short on names. Agni, Prithvi, Prahaar, Pralay, Surya, Swati, Rajendra, Himshakti, Nag etc. You would know, the compendium of Indian Names would be running into lakhs. We should not be complaining about names. Let them be. They would be having a reason to name it the way it is or maybe they are calling a spade, a spade.😀

Arihant Roy

Country flag
DRDO definitely ain't short on names. Agni, Prithvi, Prahaar, Pralay, Surya, Swati, Rajendra, Himshakti, Nag etc. You would know, the compendium of Indian Names would be running into lakhs. We should not be complaining about names. Let them be. They would be having a reason to name it the way it is or maybe they are calling a spade, a spade.😀
I wasn't talking of missiles or tanks or other platforms.

I was specifically talking about the Pmo administered strategic projects . Am also not complaining about the names. They can be anything just as long as they are delivered on time and functions flawlessly.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Why do DRDO and Navy have to use such science project/ tech prototype sort of names for projects such as these ? Advanced Technology vessel , Technology Demonstration vehicle ..
👆Your initial post.
👇 You Point
I was specifically talking about the Pmo administered strategic projects . Am also not complaining about the names.
Hmmm.... surely you were not.
👇 Your counterpoint
They can be anything just as long as they are delivered on time and functions flawlessly.
Then what was your initial post about, if you were ok with the names?

Arihant Roy

Country flag
👆Your initial post.
👇 You Point

Hmmm.... surely you were not.
👇 Your counterpoint

Then what was your initial post about, if you were ok with the names?
You seem to have missed the part , " projects such as these".

Now what was I talking about? I had posted a pic of the DRDO Tech demonstration vessel . And my writeup following the pic contained the words ,'projects such as these '. So if you are to put these two together you would have gotten the point. I was inferring to projects of strategic nature which are PMO administered and which mostly get innocuous science project type names.

As for the statement, " I was specifically talking about PNO administered projects " , I meant the strategic projects and not Tejas Arjun and other missiles , etc with which you associate the names you have earlier posted ...

What is it? Are you being deliberately obtuse? Or is it a slow day for you?

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Well, DRDO is working on a MWIR seeker for AD-2 missile as Firestarter has mentioned earlier.

IIR Seeker Development Roadmap.jpg

As can be seen from the slide , the seeker is intended for hypersonic operation. So we can infer that AD-2 will be a hypersonic missile. Or rather the KKV will travel at hypersonic speeds and it will also fly through upper reaches of atmosphere where there will be substantial heating from aerodynamic effects such as drag.

The point aero thermal aero optical effects further lends credence to my statement of KKV of AD-2 operating within the atmosphere . The intense heat will cause refraction and distortion of the incoming light rays.

And finally, the said MWiR seeker will support sub pixel long range targetting. So it's going to be ultra sensitive and will be obviously cooled.

The KKV of PDV-2 used a strapdown LWIR seeker instead .

Karthi

Country flag
Plank Controller Hardware.jpg
Plank Controller Hardware2.jpg

Plank controller for AESA Radars.

Plank receives the beam steering/timing information from Antenna Beam Control Unit and generates timing and control signals required for 8 no of QTRMs integrated to each Plank in the antenna array.

Printed omni antennas Printed omni antenna.jpg

Printed omni antenna for UAV data links.

UHF Monopole Antenna.jpg

UHF monopole antenna.

S band Dipole Antenna.jpg

S band dipole antenna .

All are for various UAV data link applications

he Hyperplane Avatar transatmospheric hypersonic flight RLV technology demonstrator..jpg

he Hyperplane Avatar transatmospheric hypersonic flight RLV technology demonstrator2.jpg

Numerical simulation of reusable airbreathing spaceplanes with in-flight mass addition..jpg

Numerical simulation of Avatar

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
View attachment 64416View attachment 64417

Plank controller for AESA Radars.

Plank receives the beam steering/timing information from Antenna Beam Control Unit and generates timing and control signals required for 8 no of QTRMs integrated to each Plank in the antenna array.

View attachment 64419

Printed omni antenna for UAV data links.

View attachment 64420

UHF monopole antenna.

View attachment 64422

S band dipole antenna .

All are for various UAV data link applications

View attachment 64424
View attachment 64425

View attachment 64427

Numerical simulation of Avatar
Seems like now only X band GAn module is left.
Regarding avatar is it under development?

Arihant Roy

Country flag
My friend. Your wee sense of comprehension makes you believe that your delusional arguments about the existence of non-existent congruence in your posts (context of 'naming projects' only) is a reality.
Your looney sense of comprehension makes you apprehensive about my perfectly normal arguments. Your rather acute judgemental skills forces you to argue about the irrationality of a perfectly rational and logical statement .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles