DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
From what I least knew, Uttam outperformed 2052 in all parameters at A2A.

But it is struggling at A2G mode in sorting out clutter from targets. Anything on that?
What I know is
Uttam is a roaring success in tests

They are going to test uttam in a rig with all subsystems like ew ., communication systems.... before they finally test on this on aircraft
And this all set-up will have subsystems of Tejas mk1a......
Bdw I am not saying all tests of utttam aesa completed( I will confirm this later)

Killbot

Country flag
So guyys Ada is going to test
Rig (a ground based facility) to test with rada r and other subsystems
This will be used to test functionality of radar ,ew system and communication systems of Tejas mk1a.
Rip elta 2052
Afaik, eltas have been ordered right? Very few though. Can't recall numbers.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Last edited:

Karthi

Country flag
Not 100% yet.

Try to find something on the A2G. I know some issues were there. Maybe you'll come something I missed. 💁‍♂️

They've still not confirmed Uttam or 2052 for the Mark1A upcoming prototype... So I'm guessing 50:50 chance.
IAF is pretty much interested in integrating UTTAM in MK1A , integration will start whenever IAF ask to do so.

Earlier LRDE said first small scale batch will be produced from 2022. SAR is still under testing software upgradation is frequently happening .

It may find its place in MK1A .

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
IAF is pretty much interested in integrating UTTAM in MK1A , integration will start whenever IAF ask to do so.
IAF will go for whichever available is proven to work, AESA to ATGM... they have no specific interests on desi or Israeli.

2052 was supposed to kick off the 1st Mark1A batch. But now it seems Uttam may be available by 2023 production batch, if not the 2022 prototypes. That's why I'm trying to know if any issues I heard of still remain or were sorted.

porky_kicker

Country flag
View attachment 63637

This is the pic of SMART prior to launch

Contrary to a normal missile , some things are out of place

Find and list them if you can
Since nobody answered

The SMART missile doesn't fit inside the cannister . Possibly the cannister is shaurya cannister and is therefore a temporary arrangement.

A large part of its nose section is above the cannister which terminates at the topmost launcher holding arm.

Presence of a gas generator section at the bottom of the cannister.

SMART nose section has several ports possibly exhaust ports for RCS / VTM , and also several lateral slits are seen, I am guessing they contain fins which come out and then deploy by rotating 90 degree axially inorder to act as a aerodynamic braking system prior to seperation of the nose cone sections inorder to expose the torpedo payload for release. ( Also additionally the fins could act to allow safe seperation of the nose cone sections via aerodynamic drag in the absence of a seperation bladder system which normally is used to seperate the nose cone sections in flight )

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
Explosively driven helical flux compression generators or EHFCG have strategic role towards realisation of high power microwave generation, especially compact sized EMP weapons easily delivered by aerial bombs PGMs or missiles.

The picture below is very old and AFAIK only picture available of any component in relation to indian work on EFCG based technology.

Ad0.36.09.jpg

The above picture is of a laboratory specimen of a helical FCG coil. In experiments with the above efficiency >= .75 was achieved.

Follow on experiments with improved design allowed a final output of 450ka with a seed current of only 4.3ka. At that time that is early 2000 it was the highest current gain ever achieved from HFCG experiments in India.
The high current pulse is then converted into high voltage pulse to drive a VIRCATOR to generate HPMW pulses strong enough to fry even hardened electronics etc.

Ad-10.37.29.jpg

Above is the block diagram of the timing circuit of seed current in stator and high explosive in armature and triggering of the diagnostics for lab testing.

However few years back drdo had moved on to more sophisticated Explosive-Driven Magneto- Hydrodynamic Generator for EMP.

porky_kicker

Country flag
This is the pic of a reasonable small form factor Indian Marx generator ( laboratory model ) , Marx generator purpose is to generate a high voltage pulse from a low voltage supply in order to power HPM ( high power microwave ) systems. Marx generator are of various sizes depending on the output required .

y10.45.36.jpg

Small sized Marx generators are required for EMP bombs in order to generate the desired high voltage output in a small form factor necessary to produce electromagnetic pulses via suitable pulse generating technologies.

Also there are other technologies which can be used in place of the above.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles