DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Tanmay

Country flag
mat ground surfacing CL-70

View attachment 31211
(viii) MAT GROUND SURFACING (MGS-70)
Mat Ground Surfacing CL-70 is a track-way expedient which provides smooth movement of tracked and wheeled vehicles during the movement of troops in marshy terrains, shallow waters of up to 1m depth and soft soils.

I think this is the MAT (see the two long metal trackway) in field conditions

Ultramarine

Country flag

I have never been able to figure out for which missile system it is for since I came to know about it 2 years back.

It is for use in naval use and is used to cycle a cannister ( containing a missile ) from stowage position to firing position and then after missile is fired , move the empty cannister back to stowage position. The system is in service.

I am certain it is not for SS.BN / SL.BM since the SL.BM cannisters fit in tightly into the SS.BN silos. So which missile in naval inventory and which naval platform it is for is something which will be interesting to know, if we ever get to know about it.
That is a decoy launching system. This looks similar to the system on use on Vikramaditya. The missile is very similar to the PK-2 rocket propelled countermeasure system which is used as a chaff/flare dispenser and also uses RF decoys to confuse incoming missiles.

Attaching the video of it. See from 0:20 seconds onwards.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

NeXoft007

Country flag
@Indx TechStyle
HTW is Heavy Throw-weight ICBM
Akash-NG ER will be our own version of Barak 8 ER.
Pralay 2 will be our 2000km range ASBM.
I still believe Pralay 1 have ASBM version with 350kg warhead and SSM version with 700kg warhead.

@porky_kicker The new missile pic you posted by you with MARV-ish warhead could be Agni 1 Prime. The rendered pic looks elongated.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
@Indx TechStyle
I still believe Pralay 1 have ASBM version with 350kg warhead and SSM version with 700kg warhead.

@porky_kicker The new missile pic you posted by you with MARV-ish warhead could be Agni 1 Prime. The rendered pic looks elongated.
Any test of Pralay 1 ?

porky_kicker

Country flag
Back when it was revealed that Kolkata-class will only have 4x8 Barak SAM's, there was a meltdown on this forum. Then came the rumors that there's a rotating assembly beneath the launcher which will replenish the empty canister (or something similar, can't remember) ... :noidea:
LRSAM VLS is fixed to hull , individual missile cannisters is loaded from top side into the cells of the VLS. No scope of movement of vls / cannister.

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
That is a decoy launching system. This looks similar to the system on use on Vikramaditya. The missile is very similar to the PK-2 rocket propelled countermeasure system which is used as a chaff/flare dispenser and also uses RF decoys to confuse incoming missiles.

Attaching the video of it. See from 0:20 seconds onwards.

Entirely different system , the one you posted is semi automatic system where rocket is loaded manually .

The one I posted has nothing to do with loading / reloading . What it does is moves the cannister ( with the missile inside ) to firing position from stowage postion . During firing of missile from cannister , the system also provides recoil control . After firing , the empty cannister is moved back to pre firing ( stowage ) position .

The one you posted is seen in vikramaditya only , it is a Russian system.

The one one posted more than 20 nos are in active service . I will not post the exact number.

porky_kicker

Country flag
@Indx TechStyle

Could be let's see

Global Defence

New threads

Articles