DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
CVRDE Developed New Retractable Landing Gear for TAPAS UAV

View attachment 61165

Schematic of RLG Hydraulics system of Tapas UAV
View attachment 61167

Tapas UAV With its new retractable Landing Gear.

View attachment 61168

RLG Hydraulics System of Tapas UAV

View attachment 61170

Landing gear architecture of Tapas UAV

View attachment 61171

First set of Landing Gear

View attachment 61172

Second set of Landing Gear

View attachment 61173

Landing gear controllerView attachment 61174

View attachment 61175

Retractable mode flight
isn't this UAV little too big for its purpose? :yawn:

we wanted an UAV, but they built a freaking plane which is even bigger then lca tejas :facepalm: enemies will have no problem shooting this plane down due to larger size and radar cross section

Karthi

Country flag

we wanted an UAV, but they built a freaking plane which is even bigger then lca tejas :facepalm: enemies will have no problem shooting this plane down due to larger size and radar cross section

Don't think so brother , Tapas airframe made up of Composites which has inherent Stealth features , it can fly as high as 50000ft and most probably it will have counter measures and the non weaponized version will be frequently used in Peace times for ELINT COMINT SIGINT operations and yes in war situations it can be downed even the most advanced UAVs may not be able to survive everytime in war.

Once we developed this one we can develop upgraded stealth versions

NeXoft007

Country flag

The twin turbofans gives it greater survivability in case one gets damaged due to AA gun or MANPADS. It will be weaponized as well.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
The 5km range CLGM will give us huge advantages in armored warfare.
I wanted to ask this though,
Is that range after taking account of degradation of electronics functionality in thar desert heat conditions?
Because it should be ,there was news of using fluid for cooling seeker right after launch so that effect of heat can be minimize.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
View attachment 61233

TEL configurations either under development or inducted
Any idea about the upcoming seventh Nirbhay test next month.. NOTAMs ?.. The Hindustan times article also said about the missile being ready for indiction into Navy ( and Army). But, Nirbhay has never been tested from a naval platform..

Also, do you have any information about the NOTAMs issued earlier for Nirbhay.. I mean the missile was flown for a distance of about 600 - 1000 km.. Are the various waypoints in a straight line.. or in the shape of a loop.?

porky_kicker

Country flag
Any idea about the upcoming seventh Nirbhay test next month.. NOTAMs ?.. The Hindustan times article also said about the missile being ready for indiction into Navy ( and Army). But, Nirbhay has never been tested from a naval platform..

Also, do you have any information about the NOTAMs issued earlier for Nirbhay.. I mean the missile was flown for a distance of about 600 - 1000 km.. Are the various waypoints in a straight line.. or in the shape of a loop.?
Why waste time on presstitudes and shitty indian newspapers . Experts at fake news and sensationalism .

Total crap .

I never read nor follow Indian media reports , only drdo released information .

No idea bro , information on ITCM is none existant. If I find I will post.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Don't you think we should start working on masking & camouflaging our installations/launchers as random crap?

Something like this...
...or this? View attachment 61100
Camouflage has its purpose but strategic and certain tactical systems requires positive access to C&C during deployment so total EMCON is a very tough ask , so inspite of physical camo , there is a good probability that hostile SIGINT / ELINT assets will discover the presence and even the location.

The 2nd pic is from a cartoon lol

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag

I have never been able to figure out for which missile system it is for since I came to know about it 2 years back.

It is for use in naval use and is used to cycle a cannister ( containing a missile ) from stowage position to firing position and then after missile is fired , move the empty cannister back to stowage position. The system is in service.

I am certain it is not for SS.BN / SL.BM since the SL.BM cannisters fit in tightly into the SS.BN silos. So which missile in naval inventory and which naval platform it is for is something which will be interesting to know, if we ever get to know about it.
Back when it was revealed that Kolkata-class will only have 4x8 Barak SAM's, there was a meltdown on this forum. Then came the rumors that there's a rotating assembly beneath the launcher which will replenish the empty canister (or something similar, can't remember) ... :noidea:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles