DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Recently Kunal Biswas shared this video on twitter. EndureAir a Team of professors and students from IIT Kanpur has developed this drone(2 years back). They also worked with HAL for RUAV drone project.
This guy is the project head of the hal rotary uav project. I have already said in details about hal ruav program...in few months back here

manindra

Country flag
Kindly re-assess.

The integration of nuclear warhead allows the missile to destroy aircraft and warheads released from ballistic missiles. It can operate in all weather conditions.
Even as layman would understand that Akash is point defence system, even S-400 would fail to intercept Ballistic missile warheads due to their sheer speed.
AAD, PAD, THAAD, SM6 & upcoming S-500 would able to do that.
Only Soviet Union was crazy enough to deployed Nuclear tipped missile defence system for a brief period of time. Nuking our own country to save from enemy nukes is not sane idea.:crazy:
Soviet Union has vast barren land but others don't.

Akula

Country flag
Even as layman would understand that Akash is point defence system, even S-400 would fail to intercept Ballistic missile warheads due to their sheer speed.
AAD, PAD, THAAD, SM6 & upcoming S-500 would able to do that.
Only Soviet Union was carzy enough to deployed Nucleared tip missile defence system for a brief period of time. Nuking our own country to save from enemy nukes is not sane idea.:crazy:
Soviet Union has vast barren land but others don't.
Surface to air missiles with nuclear warhead was developed by Soviet union for American bombers.

porky_kicker

Country flag
A27-10.49.16.jpg

" VRDE Transport-cum-Tilting vehicle (TCT-5) is a missile launch vehicle for Inter-continental Ballistic missile (ICBM), Agni-5 weighing 65 tons.

TCT-5 has a unique configuration of 140 ton GVW hydraulic live gooseneck steerable trailer launching mechanism with overall dimension of 30 m (length) x 3.2 m (width) x 4.4 m (height). It has an electronic controller for all auto and remote operations, a 23 kVA genset, a PTO driven hydraulic power pack and can therefore carry out launch operation without any external power source and logistics. The trailer is hauled by FH Series of Volvo Tractor imported from Sweden.

The vehicle has a unique innovative mechanism of live gooseneck assembly, which is one of a kind globally because of which the team of TCT 5 has filed for patent too. "

End quote

Now Agni 5 is allegedly 65 tonnes , previously it was allegedly 50 tonnes , wait untill it reaches allegedly 100 tonnes :pound:

porky_kicker

Country flag
View attachment 60541

" VRDE Transport-cum-Tilting vehicle (TCT-5) is a missile launch vehicle for Inter-continental Ballistic missile (ICBM), Agni-5 weighing 65 tons.

TCT-5 has a unique configuration of 140 ton GVW hydraulic live gooseneck steerable trailer launching mechanism with overall dimension of 30 m (length) x 3.2 m (width) x 4.4 m (height). It has an electronic controller for all auto and remote operations, a 23 kVA genset, a PTO driven hydraulic power pack and can therefore carry out launch operation without any external power source and logistics. The trailer is hauled by FH Series of Volvo Tractor imported from Sweden.

The vehicle has a unique innovative mechanism of live gooseneck assembly, which is one of a kind globally because of which the team of TCT 5 has filed for patent too. "

End quote

Now Agni 5 is allegedly 65 tonnes , previously it was allegedly 50 tonnes , wait untill it reaches allegedly 100 tonnes :pound:
@NeXoft007

The above post be interesting given your post below

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
View attachment 60541

End quote

I am definitely sure the 65 tonne missile is not Agni 5 , most probably another missile ( or variant ) under development under the cover of Agni 5. The fellow wrote what he was fed.

I know of a 70 ton missile it could be that or maybe different . DRDO sure loves to spead misinformation. Frankly speaking I no longer spend time in trying to figure which mizzile is which :pound:

Also I know drdo does lot of hera pheri during tests , especially since last few years , before the world bhai log we have tested agni 1 :basanti: and among themselves in private bhai log K4 ka test mast tha :troll:

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
a bit off topic.
My favorite quality about the pvt sector is that there is always a incentive to do better and the technology and IP gained by the company never really looses its relevance. What I'm trying to get at here is the case of OFB right until 1965 they had state of the art tech inherited from the british which eventually lost its steam due to lack of innovation and foresight and now as things stand it requires some 3 billion for modernization.
Building own R&D base from TOT and JV is a Quality of pvt sector(At least thast's true for foreign ones), eventually they become capable enough that they can develop a product on their own. Absorption of TOT requires scientific temperament and a necessity to compete and innovate.
I have high hopes from AMCA JV lets see what future brings.

porky_kicker

Country flag
a bit off topic.
My favorite quality about the pvt sector is that there is always a incentive to do better and the technology and IP gained by the company never really looses its relevance. What I'm trying to get at here is the case of OFB right until 1965 they had state of the art tech inherited from the british which eventually lost its steam due to lack of innovation and foresight and now as things stand it requires some 3 billion for modernization.
Building own R&D base from TOT and JV is a Quality of pvt sector(At least thast's true for foreign ones), eventually they become capable enough that they can develop a product on their own. Absorption of TOT requires scientific temperament and a necessity to compete and innovate.
I have high hopes from AMCA JV lets see what future brings.
Problem with OFB is bureaucratic chamchagiri and bootlicking ( present in all government departments ) and zero capability and knowledge in field of work , top hierarchy is filled with civil service recruited fools . Somebody with a degree in urdu or agriculture etc cannot be expected to do R&D nor have the knack for the same. What is the percentage of career scientists and engineers in ofb , almost zero. Such an organisation is doomed to fail and ironically it had failed long time ago. A production agency must be led by scientists or enginners with MBA degrees not civil service recruited useless bureaucrats from non technical fields.

I once viewed a video where a ofb guy was asked to explain sarang , the fucker spent half the time praising the chairman who I am 100% sure contributed 0% to the development R&D of sarang . I was so disgusted at the bootlicking , it was downright pathetic.

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
Dhanush rammer assembly

Ad0.47.55.jpg

Look at the ofb jig , local mechanic ke garage me is se behtar quality ka jig milega. And look at the unclean surroundings , safai nahi rakh sakte chutiyas.

Haramkhoro ka ye halat hai , aur bat karte hai world class products banane ka , phele to world class jigs or equipments bano uske baad usme se world class weapons nikalega . Chutiyas

Caan you imagine such equipments and jigs and unclean environment in a western or japanese factory, QC ka to ammi chudiya . Chutiyas

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles