DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If i find her email, I could provide you with the email of PhD candidate working in IIT Bombay.

You won't get this info on Google, trust me even i was surprised, she even showed me sample silicon ics and mems sensors that can detect molecules of explosive materials.
Sure this 'friend' of yours wasn't pulling your chains??

Tuco

Country flag
If i find her email, I could provide you with the email of PhD candidate working in IIT Bombay.

You won't get this info on Google, trust me even i was surprised, she even showed me sample silicon ics and mems sensors that can detect molecules of explosive materials.
MEMS sensors for detecting explosives has been in news since ages, so nothing new. 3NM Tech well bhai even TSMC has started R&D on it recently.

Karthi

Country flag
View attachment 60410

AD 1

AD2 BMD.png

AD 2 interceptors of Indian BMD. AD 1 can intercept upto 1500Km . AD 2 can intercept 3000Km class Ballistic missiles .

Shakthi thermal torpedo.jpg
Thermal Torpedo.jpg

Shakthi Thermal torpedo , under development since 1996 . it runs on monopropellant fuel , possibly two variants , 400KW and 500KW powered torpedo's, can dive up to 600m . accidently found from my HDD

AD1.png

porky_kicker

Country flag
Ummm....the missile weight is supposed to be 70 tonnes, no?? Please do care to mention another ICBM presently in service anywhere in the world that weighs this much.

Sorry, I don't follow you.
First answer me this , it is directly related to your statement on " our fuel technology sucks "

1. Do you know the fuel mass fraction of the so called 70 ton missile system ?

2. Do you know the specific impulse of the fuel being used in the so called 70 ton missile system ?

3. Do yo know the gross launch weight of the missile in the so called 70 ton missile system ?

And don't divert from the 3 specific questions I have asked. I am expecting an answer to the point.

Akula

Country flag
View attachment 60410

AD 1

View attachment 60411

AD 2 interceptors of Indian BMD. AD 1 can intercept upto 1500Km . AD 2 can intercept 3000Km class Ballistic missiles .

View attachment 60412View attachment 60413

Shakthi Thermal torpedo , under development since 1996 . it runs on monopropellant fuel , possibly two variants , 400KW and 500KW powered torpedo's, can dive up to 600m . accidently found from my HDD

View attachment 60414
I read somewhere that Shakti thermal torpedo project has been closed.

porky_kicker

Country flag
That's cause A 5 itself is highly inefficient by global standards!!

Minuteman-III ----
1. Range - ~ 9700 km
2. Mass - 36,030 kg

Agni V ----
1. Range - ~ 5500 km (with full payload)
2. Mass - 50,000 kg

And to add insult to injury, the Minuteman was developed in the 60s, now go figure.
I am nobody and I am highly honoured to met somebody who is obviously highly informed on global missiles .

Can you give me your direct official source from drdo which explicitly says agni 5 weight is 50 ton ( gross launch weight ). Daya karo ( show mercy )

I don't know what the capabilities of DRDO are , but surely DRDO must have extraordinary system engineering capabilities to engineer a missile system whose weight is exactly 50 tons , not 1 kg less nor 1kg more , exactly 50 tones , even Americans can't do that , their missile weight 36 ton and 30kg exactly :hail:

Samaj me aya matlab ( did you understand the implication of the above ? )

Admi jitna khaye ga , wo utna hi nahi hagega ( opinion is not reality and it is foolish to take everything at face value)

Last edited:

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Regarding 3 nm technology in iits and iisc: that is true as well as false. The thing to be considered here is that these research institutions have some rudimentary silicon vlsi fabrication technology. Some have electron beam lithograph machine where small features can be made. However those are single devices ( a single diode, or a single mems device etc.) in a small silicon substrate, usually done for educational and research purposes. After fabrication, these single devices are tested for their electrical properties, and if found good results, those results are published in journals.But those devices will never be used by anyone in this world.
Here the point to remember is that it is not a foundry, where batch processing of chips each of which consists of billions of transistors can take place.
In an actual foundry like that of intelligence or TSMC, the node (7nm) is the gate length of each of the billions of transistor of the ic they are fabeicating. Also currently the technology is finfet. We currently have no analogue of these massive foundries in India.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Hmmm.... so our fuel technology just sucks ass if these numbers are to be believed.
The thang is mate Agni 5 is rumoured to have 8000 km range and Agni 6 if acknowledged as being 8000 km than that means sine 12000 km more. Of course this might just be complete bull shit but there is a chance.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Regarding 3 nm technology in iits and iisc: that is true as well as false. The thing to be considered here is that these research institutions have some rudimentary silicon vlsi fabrication technology. Some have electron beam lithograph machine where small features can be made. However those are single devices ( a single diode, or a single mems device etc.) in a small silicon substrate, usually done for educational and research purposes. After fabrication, these single devices are tested for their electrical properties, and if found good results, those results are published in journals.But those devices will never be used by anyone in this world.
Here the point to remember is that it is not a foundry, where batch processing of chips each of which consists of billions of transistors can take place.
In an actual foundry like that of intelligence or TSMC, the node (7nm) is the gate length of each of the billions of transistor of the ic they are fabeicating. Also currently the technology is finfet. We currently have no analogue of these massive foundries in India.
We only have one Fab plant SCL Chandigarh. That has capabilities to manufacture 90 NM Semiconductor from the Machinery acquired from TownJazz. We need atleast 3,000 Crores to set up a new plant to be able to manufacture 7 NM processor.

Last edited:

Karthi

Country flag
I am nobody and I am highly honoured to met somebody who is obviously highly informed on global missiles .

Can you give me your direct official source from drdo which explicitly says agni 5 weight is 50 ton ( gross launch weight ). Daya karo ( show mercy )

I don't know what the capabilities of DRDO are , but surely DRDO must have extraordinary system engineering capabilities to engineer a missile system whose weight is exactly 50 tons , not 1 kg less nor 1kg more , exactly 50 tones , even Americans can't do that , their missile weight 36 ton and 30kg exactly :hail:

Samaj me aya matlab ( did you understand the implication of the above ? )

Admi jitna khaye ga , wo utna hi nahi hagega ( opinion is not reality and it is foolish to take everything at face value)

Agni 4 -17 Tonnes -4000Km Range.
Agni 5 - 50 Tonnes - 5500Km range.

Something not right here 🙂

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars DPRK has a 14 NM Fab plant with a wafer capacity of 25,000 P.A. of course with a generous funding from the CCP. Aab jakam pe namak dal dena.

Last edited:

Dessert Storm

Country flag
We only have one Fab plant SCL Chandigarh. That has capabilities to manufacture 90 NM Semiconductor from the Machinery acquired from TownJazz. We need atleast 3,000 Crores to set up a new plant to be able to manufacture 7 NM processor.
Rs. 3,000 CRS Only. I thought commercially viable Fab Facilities require billions of dollars of investment. Could somebody enlighten me?

Haldilal

Country flag
Rs. 3,000 CRS Only. I thought commercially viable Fab Facilities require billions of dollars of investment. Could somebody enlighten me?
Ya'll Nibbiars Small scale. Not large scale like the commercial Fab plants. It depends on capacity.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Did any of you guys wondered why drdo released an old pic of CLGM testfire ( which showed a test firing near coast rather than the claimed test in mainland ) ?
I did but could not figure it out. Further, the videos circulated showed only the barrel, not the full tank. So the mystery for me is two fold. One as you said.... and two was it Arjun or was it Tank-EX

porky_kicker

Country flag
I did but could not figure it out. Further, the videos circulated showed only the barrel, not the full tank. So the mystery for me is two fold. One as you said.... and two was it Arjun or was it Tank-EX
Most probably because they didn't want to publically reveal Arjun mk2 or whatever it's name is now

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles