DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Cheran

Country flag
चीन के साथ लद्दाख में जारी सीमा तनाव के बीच भारत ने बुधवार को सतह से सतह पर मार करने और परमाणु हथियारों को ले जाने में सक्षम पृथ्वी 2 मिसाइल का सफलतापूर्वक परीक्षण किया.
Prthvi 2 tested

sorcerer

Country flag
Indigenously developed Prithvi-II missile testfired

Xposting..
Couldnt find relevant thread for Prithvi

Arihant Roy

Country flag
The AAD missile itself has undergone a significant iteration. Canards were added upfront and the length of the missile was increased.

I remember reading an article by Tarmak007 on AAD missile and it's project director where the director says that after she came in,she initiated a redesign to ensure that the miss distances were reduced ,the missile was much more maneuverable than before ,and that the missile can withstand the higher thermal speeds due to increased speed and agility now .

So the AAD we are seeing now is AAD 2.0 . An improved smarter and more agile AAD.

porky_kicker

Country flag
AD-1 seems to be similar to XRSAM.

XRSAM seemed to be using a part of AAD missile as booster with second stage being Barak 8 type missile

AD-1 seems to use a longer booster derived from AAD with Akash-NG (Type) of missile as second stage

For your convenience I have made this collage

View attachment 60182

Also the pics of RudraM-2 and RudraM-3 , there is a reason why I am posting both of them

View attachment 60183

View attachment 60184

Now study all of them carefully and see where you went wrong.
AD-1 bears no resemblance to XRSAM. AD-1 is using the 1st stage of RudraM-2 ( or vice versa ).

XRSAM is only reusing the " coupled fin and TVC assembly section " from AAD, the booster section is a new development, possibly same or derived from the SFDR ground launch booster. XRSAM 2nd stage is most probably AKASH-NG.

xrboo.jpg

AD-1 has no similarity with either AAD or AKASH-NG. AD-1 1st stage is same as that of RudraM-2 1st stage ( note the fin configuration ) . AD-1 2nd stage is a new design not seen in other missiles currently in development and in the public domain.

Last edited:

Karthi

Country flag
FB_IMG_1600932599390.jpg

RYNO from ideaForge

ideaForge, India’s largest manufacturer of drones for defence, homeland security, and industrial applications, has launched its new drone RYNO, a micro category (<2 kg) survey-grade drone designed and specialized for high accuracy mapping applications. It enables users to perform highly efficient land survey operations to develop accurate maps and 3D models. It is the only micro category drone to meet all the stringent specifications laid down by Survey of India (SOI), India’s principal mapping agency and perhaps, the largest mapping agency in the world. SOI has qualified ideaForge’s latest micro UAV for mapping India’s diverse and challenging landscape under the country’s Swamitva Yojana which is the largest drone-led mapping project in the world.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
No idea. The whole Rudra project is cloaked in more then enough secrecy. I know only about one Rudra project.
Not sure about whether its 1, 2 or 3.
No rudram 2 and rudram 3 exist s
Rudram 2 is being integrated with su30....and will be tested soon
And rudram 3 will be integrated
But I don't know about. Rudram 1

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles